• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Product Confiscated - Refund?

Timesnatcher

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/9/21
Children,
my educated guess is that about 10,000 packages are shipped directly from China to Germany every month. People buy all kind of sh*t directly from China, much from Aliexpress and similar sources. I very much doubt that the Krauts destroy 5,000 packages per month. We have no data, but if and only if an estimated 10 or 20 watches get caught per month, that's a non-event, a so-called nothing-burger. I've ordered directly from China. I've ordered from Italy, the UK, Australia, Greece, and I shipped my replicas just for service from the US to Italy and back, and never had a problem where customs wanted to look inside. I know the Krauts are different from normal people, but it's a bit too early to panic yet, yes?

I don’t know but if 2 people from same country get watches confiscated exactly when you made an purchase, doesn’t bring a lot of confidence.

Sent from the RWI App

repreg123

7/8/19
50% is bullshit. I've never ordered from trusty and never will.

I only work with TD if they reship free.

Reactions: j21

repreg123

7/8/19
Q4. WHAT HAPPENS IF MY PACKAGE GETS STUCK IN CUSTOMS?

A4.
If your package gets stopped in customs and confiscated please contact us so we can work out what is the best next step. We will require you to provide a customs letter scan in order to arrange a re-delivery.

Q5. WHAT HAPPENS IF MY PACKAGE IS LOST IN TRANSIT OR STOLEN?

A5.
If your package is lost in transit or items are stolen from the package, we are not liable for the losses. Please contact us immediately via email and we will try and work out a best solution (Normally we will do a reshipment based on 50% payment for the order). If you realise that your package delivered by the courier is empty or almost weightless, DO NOT SIGN for the package and question them why it is empty or weightless. Bring forth the complaint to their upper level management and email us also to follow up.

------

This is off of his ToS. It reads to me like he should offer full reship in case of seizure. Try to reach out to make a support ticket here Newbie666 !

Last edited:
Reactions: AWIWatchmaker

AWIWatchmaker

9/5/21
Conus
When will people get it through their thick heads these "items" are contraband. Trafficking in contraband i.e. international shipping is smuggling. This is a game, gambling, you take a chance that you will loose every time you play. That being said. I have purchased three reps from Trusty Time with no problems. I have found Andrew to be very professional and an expert in choosing the best way to ship your merchandise to to minimize risk. As with anything in life it comes down to risk versus reward. If you can't afford the risk save your money and buy gen.

Reactions: Hesekiel

PHutch

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
4/1/20
Unfortunately it’s a risk we all take because some watches are impossible to get without
paying three times the price

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
50% is bullshit.

+1
For me is unacceptable a TD not to fully cover a client from a lost-seized watch.

EDIT: and he(every TD) can right whatever he wants at his FAQ's and disclosure,is unacceptable and will remain like this

Last edited:

Timesnatcher

14/9/21
50% is bullshit. I've never ordered from trusty and never will.

I felt like it was going to come shady on the end and it did, In the mail Andrew Said i send the watches yesturday and was like why did you not provide tracking then or at least some info.. Like if my order gets taken by customs it would suck but then im done like never ordering again not because customs got the watches but rather because Andrew is just very shady in way where he says one thing and then he does something else.. Like on sunday he told me from 1 to 7 everything is closed in china and QC pics for second watch will come out after the holydays and then on 3 being moday, I got QC then today after reading this post. I got scared and asked hey man would it be possible to change the order cancel it without anyone getting in trouble for this becuase I did not know he had send the parcel and he did not even bother to write that until i asked him if is possible to cancel.. With the answer being No, I have just yesturday send the parcel. But did not even tell me or povide tracking...

It is not about being in hurry or anything but he can't keep his story straight.. Always somthing being off. Lets see he still has not provided tracking or any data on the so called parcel being send.

Timesnatcher

14/9/21
I have found DHL to the UK are first class and no worries

UK is not in EU The problem is People from Germany getting their watches taken by The German Zoll and then andrew offers only 50% not only you did not get a watch but you lost some money.

Hesekiel

Vintage Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
4/1/17
California
A TD makes about $100 to $150 on such a watch. You buy a watch for $450, it gets confiscated, the TD gives you $225 back. That's beyond generous, given that the TD has no influence on any of this. In fact, if that were to happen more often in Germany, as a TD I would refuse to ship to Germany at all. So two thumbs up to Andrew!

Timesnatcher

14/9/21
A TD makes about $100 to $150 on such a watch. You buy a watch for $450, it gets confiscated, the TD gives you $225 back. That's beyond generous, given that the TD has no influence on any of this. In fact, if that were to happen more often in Germany, as a TD I would refuse to ship to Germany at all. So two thumbs up to Andrew!

yeah my order is about 850€

Timesnatcher

14/9/21
So he made a lot more then just 150$ as you said so you see not the day for White Knights just let it go.

repreg123

7/8/19
Guys keep this simple. Ask your TD before you buy if he will reship free in case of seizure. I know many will, so just fuck the TDs who dont.

Vote with ur $.

repreg123

7/8/19

Yea stick with him if ur happy bruh, but dont try to argue this shit cuz u make a fool out of urself

sunrayminor

Renowned Member
22/4/13
Australia
I traveled all over the world with my passport, after 8 years, the Germans were the only ones to pull me up and tell me I had to sign my passport haha

Timesnatcher

14/9/21
Ok so my order arrived both watches are in perfect condition. I guess the extra charge for post it is worth it and Andrew is legit from my exp..

Kuriwaseku

Known Member
4/8/21
Czechia
Andy typically ships with 4PX where they make the call as to which country they triangulate over.
They’ve started going over other European countries since July 21. Not just the UK.
Shipping straight from China to Germany nearly guarantees that your package gets detected at the IPZ in FRA.

On the other hand, never head of a shipment from the UK get destroyed in local German customs.
Happens very rarely. Please provide proof and I’m sure that Andy will compensate you.

Yeah mine went through Luxembourg. Got to Czechia no problem.