• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Product Confiscated - Refund?

Newbie666

Horology Curious
31/10/20
Dear users,

I just want to tell what happened to my order with Trusty.
So he sent me a Watch to Germany and I got the confirmation that the watch was confiscated by customs and will be destroyed (to my big surprise, there was no return to sender option).

I contact him today, of course with an attached letter from the customs. Let’s wait for his answer, I‘m curious if there is a slight chance of getting a refund… so ill post my updates here :D

Timesnatcher

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/9/21
Sorry to hear that man it sucks.. I made my order few weeks ago now, I hope my order don't run in to the same problmes. Did andrew answer allreaddy ? Was this your first Rep from him ? I don't know if you would get a Refund but maybe and replacment watch.

Newbie666

Horology Curious
31/10/20
Yes, I am very nervous about refund - if I don‘t get one, I‘ll probably quit this hobby :eek:
It‘s my first order with trusty, he already wrote back and asked for translation of my customs-letter. I‘ll keep you up to date

Timesnatcher

14/9/21
Yes, I am very nervous about refund - if I don‘t get one, I‘ll probably quit this hobby :eek:
It‘s my first order with trusty, he already wrote back and asked for translation of my customs-letter. I‘ll keep you up to date

It is was also my first order and it*s been now 3 week im still wating to even get QC of the second watch is really scetchy tbh..
I really hope you get a refund or a new watch send to you.. Keep me updated

Newbie666

Horology Curious
31/10/20
I will keep you updated :)
A 2nd watch would be bad because if it gets confiscated again, I would maybe have some trouble

Newbie666

Horology Curious
31/10/20
Exactly, it was a total unnecessary forwarding from China over Great Britain.
This won’t work since 2020, because Great Britain is not a part of the European Union.

I really hope, that trusty can refund me. Will keep you updated

repreg123

7/8/19
Wow that sucks... There is way better options than UK.. what's wrong with trusty to send over UK..

DoChen1

31/1/21
Andy typically ships with 4PX where they make the call as to which country they triangulate over.
They’ve started going over other European countries since July 21. Not just the UK.
Shipping straight from China to Germany nearly guarantees that your package gets detected at the IPZ in FRA.

On the other hand, never head of a shipment from the UK get destroyed in local German customs.
Happens very rarely. Please provide proof and I’m sure that Andy will compensate you.

Timesnatcher

14/9/21
Andy typically ships with 4PX where they make the call as to which country they triangulate over.
They’ve started going over other European countries since July 21. Not just the UK.
Shipping straight from China to Germany nearly guarantees that your package gets detected at the IPZ in FRA.

On the other hand, never head of a shipment from the UK get destroyed in local German customs.
Happens very rarely. Please provide proof and I’m sure that Andy will compensate you.

Im hoping that is true cuase, I'm from germany too and would be a big bummer if my order get confiscated would suck just like op it is also my first order and i have orderd two watches double the pain.. And waiting time is just damm sad... Still no QC pics for second watch after 3 whole weeks now..

Newbie666

Horology Curious
31/10/20
So I have updates:
1) Package was confiscated and after a long conversation with customs, it will be destroyed
2) Trusty transferred me 50% of the refund - I understand, 50% is less than 100% but still more than 0% :thumbsup:

My conclusion: shipping such products from China becomes more and more risky. It might sound plausible, that German customs also buy from the trusted dealers
just to find out their delivery methods. And it might also sound possible, that German customs have faced the challenges with products from China and installed some kind of
a smart system that suggests suspect packages… I don‘t want to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but I think for me it is time to stop this hobby :confused:

Timesnatcher

14/9/21
So I have updates:
1) Package was confiscated and after a long conversation with customs, it will be destroyed
2) Trusty transferred me 50% of the refund - I understand, 50% is less than 100% but still more than 0% :thumbsup:

My conclusion: shipping such products from China becomes more and more risky. It might sound plausible, that German customs also buy from the trusted dealers
just to find out their delivery methods. And it might also sound possible, that German customs have faced the challenges with products from China and installed some kind of
a smart system that suggests suspect packages… I don‘t want to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but I think for me it is time to stop this hobby :confused:

Damm, 50% is to big of risk wow, I will cancel my order before it is to late.. I don't want to lose so much money or risk to lose so much money.. Sory to hear that OP Thanks for the update..

Timesnatcher

14/9/21
Damm, 50% is to big of risk wow, I will cancel my order before it is to late.. I don't want to lose so much money or risk to lose so much money.. Sory to hear that OP Thanks for the update..

Update wow wrote to trusty to cancel my order, He said it was sent yesturday.. And asked him why he did not provide and tracking information.. I'm not totaly confused have no idea in what to belive trust saying order will arrive people on here complain it won't .. FML.............................

PHutch

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
4/1/20
I have found DHL to the UK are first class and no worries

jacquy

26/9/18
So I have updates:

50% is really what is expected in the event of seizure?

kidcreole

Supporter
Certified
27/7/13
Update wow wrote to trusty to cancel my order, He said it was sent yesturday.. And asked him why he did not provide and tracking information.. I'm not totaly confused have no idea in what to belive trust saying order will arrive people on here complain it won't .. FML.............................

Take a deep breath my friend. No point worrying about something that hasn't happened yet. I'm certain you'll have some nice watches on your wrist next week.

Timesnatcher

14/9/21
Take a deep breath my friend. No point worrying about something that hasn't happened yet. I'm certain you'll have some nice watches on your wrist next week.

I’m trying to be but. It’s just so shady. Two different people from Germany got their watches taken by the German customs. Don’t want to be next but I guess is to late now.

Sent from the RWI App

Hesekiel

Vintage Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
4/1/17
California
Children,
my educated guess is that about 10,000 packages are shipped directly from China to Germany every month. People buy all kind of sh*t directly from China, much from Aliexpress and similar sources. I very much doubt that the Krauts destroy 5,000 packages per month. We have no data, but if and only if an estimated 10 or 20 watches get caught per month, that's a non-event, a so-called nothing-burger. I've ordered directly from China. I've ordered from Italy, the UK, Australia, Greece, and I shipped my replicas just for service from the US to Italy and back, and never had a problem where customs wanted to look inside. I know the Krauts are different from normal people, but it's a bit too early to panic yet, yes?

Reactions: AWIWatchmaker