• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Issues with Trusty Time and Andrew

Shof

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/7/19
USA
I have ordered from many different TD and have had a good experience with them all. I have read good reviews on Trusty Time, so I figured I would make a purchase with them.

I asked Andrew before hand if a watch was available. He stated he would check with the factory and get back to me. He then advised the watch was available. I made payment ($579.81 USD).

4 weeks goes by with no word or QC pics. I reach out to Andrew and he advises he will check on it. He comes back a couple days later to advise the watch is not available. Although unfortunate, I ask if I can get a different factory of the same watch which was the same price. He states he would check. Andrew comes back and says the watch will be available in 2 weeks.

I wait 2 weeks and ask for an update. He now says the watch is not available. I understand watches may not be available, but it is the next part that I am not satisfied with.

I ask for a refund as none of the watches I was told were available, were not available. Andrew informs me that he cannot refund my money because a third party has the funds and he doesn’t have access to it. I am not satisfied with this response and again ask Andrew to refund my money or send the watch I paid for. He then reiterated that he doesn’t have access to the funds and to submit a chargeback on my card.

I did submit a chargeback, but did not get reimbursed. Now I am out $579.81 USD with no support or solution from Andrew.

I am disappointed to say the least. I feel I did everything right to avoid any issues and now I am out.

I again reached out to Andrew to voice my dismay for the outcome of the transaction and he again has no solutions or ways to resolve this.

I just wanted to provide my feedback on this transaction. I have all aspects of this transaction documented.

If there are any specific questions for me, don’t hesitate to ask. Thank You!

frankenme

23/8/10
How did you not win a charge back? Did you tell your cc that you didn't receive a product you paid for? I'm sorry for your loss.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

mcorn

29/7/21
I will pay today for a watch from Andrew today. I read your post. I ask Andrew to double check it if this is available. Hope I don't be un the same situation like you.
You don't try to change the watch and don't ask for refund? Maybe this is a fair situation.
I have some bad experience with another dealer (pure time) . I hope this time everything will be okay ????

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

buzzbomb

Horology Curious
6/8/21
I am waiting for QC's myself for just about the same amount of time..is this common; first order. ...

trustytime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
3/4/16
Once you chargeback, the cc processor will process and refund within 14-21 days

The old processor had some issues so I had to stop using them

Please understand that I order watches from factory and is subject to their timelines. This year has been a bad year with numerous raids so there have been delays by some factories with their timelines as they are trying to keep their workers safe too

I ask for your patience

Shof

6/7/19
USA
Once you chargeback, the cc processor will process and refund within 14-21 days

The old processor had some issues so I had to stop using them

Please understand that I order watches from factory and is subject to their timelines. This year has been a bad year with numerous raids so there have been delays by some factories with their timelines as they are trying to keep their workers safe too

I ask for your patience

You ask for patience from others, but pretty much tell me there’s nothing you can do and will not make it right? Very disappointed in you and your responses.

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
You ask for patience from others, but pretty much tell me there’s nothing you can do and will not make it right? Very disappointed in you and your responses.

trustytime Andrew is not the only one that is suffering under this year. A lot of patience is needed, and if he sais he can source a watch, situation can change immediatly and factorys have to shut down to not get caught. Take a tea. And about refund, i never had a issue with andrew or another TD here - its just the last option and they are trying to get you to buy another watch - it is just alot more easy. money transfering isnt just fun, its part of the difficult business. I hope i could make you understand a bit more.

Shoutout to andrew.

Shof

6/7/19
USA
trustytime Andrew is not the only one that is suffering under this year. A lot of patience is needed, and if he sais he can source a watch, situation can change immediatly and factorys have to shut down to not get caught. Take a tea. And about refund, i never had a issue with andrew or another TD here - its just the last option and they are trying to get you to buy another watch - it is just alot more easy. money transfering isnt just fun, its part of the difficult business. I hope i could make you understand a bit more.

Shoutout to andrew.

I don’t believe you read any of the posts above. I am willing to take a different watch. Andrew admitted the issue is with the provider on his end and still refuses to make the situation right. I am patient and this has been dragging on for 3 months with no resolution.

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
I don’t believe you read any of the posts above. I am willing to take a different watch. Andrew admitted the issue is with the provider on his end and still refuses to make the situation right. I am patient and this has been dragging on for 3 months with no resolution.

Believe what you want.

Reactions: Davne25

GGEuroHEADSHOT

Renowned Member
Supporter
21/8/21
Canada
Honestly waiting 3 months with no solution doesn’t sound like fun. I’ve ordered through Andrew before and he was quite professional. Hope you can work this out!

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
I’ve worked with Andrew several times and he is by far the fastest td ive worked with. The raids have had a severe impact on the dealers and are told one thing from the factory and then it seems to change. I’ve been waiting on an order placed 8/8 and I’m confident it will come. In the past I’ve had items become unavailable and I’ve never had an issue with a refund with any td. Worst case has been reimbursement of fees that they can’t get back. Usually they’ll give a discount on the next order towards the lost fees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk