• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BAD Aftermarket handling from Alpha MOD. Be aware and choose yourself.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Such a bizzare thread that escalated unnecessary.

AMF probably needs to be less sensitive/defensive. Dealing with disgruntled customers is part of the game. Most dealers see this type of review multiple times a day but simply reply, along the lines of “sorry dear, we’ll look into it for you and make good.” Was is absolutely necessary to escalate this review to mods and providing pages of justification...probably not.

....and OP needs to manage his expectations when buying reps and keep reviews factual as possible without getting emotional.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

toxstoxs

Supporter
Certified
13/11/21

....and OP needs to manage his expectations when buying reps and keep reviews factual as possible without getting emotional.

it's funny for me to see moderators and senior users pointing at me as emotional after a BAD aftermarket assistance for a 600€ and 6 months waiting.

I would be curious to see their reaction in my place... maybe shaking hands to seller... have a beer and invite him for a free dinner. :)

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU

AMF probably needs to be less sensitive/defensive. Dealing with disgruntled customers is part of the game. Most dealers see this type of review multiple times a day but simply reply, along the lines of “sorry dear, we’ll look into it for you and make good.” Was is absolutely necessary to escalate this review to mods and providing pages of justification...probably not.

Well said

toxstoxs

Supporter
Certified
13/11/21
Another 2 weeks passed without ANY ANSWER from AMF.

Still waiting a solution for the replacing braclet for my AP 15500 DLC.

Meanwhile just for reference, i got another Submariner from different supplier made by ZF (the same factory from whom AMF is blaming to don't get any answer).

So strange that all other resellers can have quotations, watches and spare parts from ZF factory.

well done AMF !!

Reactions: blackmark

Peguine

Mac and Cheese sucks
18/3/19
At a mcdonalds birthday party
I mean i regularly wait 6-8 months for modded and franken reps that cost 3-4k USD that come misaligned and damaged sometimes. Isn't it just the rep game? I just send it to a modder. I don't really see what OPs issue is here to be honest.

Reactions: SuperLory

toxstoxs

Supporter
Certified
13/11/21
I mean i regularly wait 6-8 months for modded and franken reps that cost 3-4k USD that come misaligned and damaged sometimes. Isn't it just the rep game? I just send it to a modder. I don't really see what OPs issue is here to be honest.

If you are ok with wasting money for a "shi**y" rep, it's your own choice.

I been looking for a TRUSTED DEALER.. where i expect to receive at least on delivery a good quality product, matching the declared status, color, appearance and integrity.

But, as you may see... months pass in silence without any interest from AMF to solve my problem, neither to propose partial refund or just keep contacting the client who got a DOA watch.

But he surely got offended and "sticked me" as racist if i say him.. you have the tipical "chinese attitude" to just get the money and forget about any problems may appear aftersale.

Last edited:

toxstoxs

Supporter
Certified
13/11/21
2 months passed since AMF has been informed about wirst damage and 40 days since this thread is open.

No any update from AMF about refund/replace for the BAD QUALITY watch provided.

Let's see how long it will take.

Reactions: blackmark

X24222

Known Member
Patron
12/1/22
USA
You’ve publicly thrown AMF under the bus when it appears they’ve made reasonable efforts to help you. Your tactics seem to have backfired. ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: kavorca1

toxstoxs

Supporter
Certified
13/11/21
You’ve publicly thrown AMF under the bus when it appears they’ve made reasonable efforts to help you. Your tactics seem to have backfired. ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny to hear "reasonable efforts" such what?

My intentions is to put lights on what is most important in a sales, the aftermarket presence.

BlossomboofyBoofystewie2

25/8/18
Australia
What the OP has to recognise are the "realities" of this "hobby" (Hobby = we do this for leisure/fun NOT to get all upset about!). If it causes you too much stress may I suggest you get this issue resolved with AMF (at some point?) and NEVER get a rep watch from this forum's TDs again, i.e. take up some other hobby!

I've bought 2 watches from AMF, had them modified by them and they are GREAT! Yes, it took a long time (3 - 5 months), but that's just part of this hobby plus China has been in lockdown plus factories raided, etc., etc., IT'S ALL PART OF THE HOBBY.

I'm on my 3rd watch with AMF - paid my money about 3 months ago for an Omega Snoopy they are modifying for me (hopefully) and haven't heard from them in 2 months. Am I pissed - "NO" because this is all part of the hobby and it takes time!

I'm sure the OP will pull me apart because I'm defending (and very happy with AMF) - It's just my 2 cents worth but Gee OP loosen up a bit!

PS By the way AMF - how is my Omega Snoopy coming along??

toxstoxs

Supporter
Certified
13/11/21
What the OP has to recognise are the "realities" of this "hobby" (Hobby = we do this for leisure/fun NOT to get all upset about!). If it causes you too much stress may I suggest you get this issue resolved with AMF (at some point?) and NEVER get a rep watch from this forum's TDs again, i.e. take up some other hobby!

I've bought 2 watches from AMF, had them modified by them and they are GREAT! Yes, it took a long time (3 - 5 months), but that's just part of this hobby plus China has been in lockdown plus factories raided, etc., etc., IT'S ALL PART OF THE HOBBY.

I'm on my 3rd watch with AMF - paid my money about 3 months ago for an Omega Snoopy they are modifying for me (hopefully) and haven't heard from them in 2 months. Am I pissed - "NO" because this is all part of the hobby and it takes time!

I'm sure the OP will pull me apart because I'm defending (and very happy with AMF) - It's just my 2 cents worth but Gee OP loosen up a bit!

PS By the way AMF - how is my Omega Snoopy coming along??

I know i'm not a native english speaker but i'm sure my english is good enought to let people read my writing correctly.

I am not interested if you bought one two or 10 watches from AMF.

A trusted dealer is not a figure from whom you may pick up a watch from a catalog, send money, wait the time necessary and get the item... this is a kind of "JOB" that even a "one day street seller" could do.

Here we are speaking about AFTERMARKET service facing a POOR QUALITY and POOR QUALITY CONTROL.

If a TD (as he want to be mentioned) like to have a client posting every 2/4 weeks about his lack of service ignoring the fact that he still have pending a braclet exchange/refund, it show the level of the
service.

The hobby you speak about and the realtive parts of the game, i know them and faced them.

I'm not going to stand to have paid good money for a DOA item and supposed to make it a reason to keep it that way.

Rehards

Last edited:
Reactions: Nono92

AAH1483

Certified
5/12/12
One of the main rules here is to contact a MOD of your problem and situation before posting and going off on a TD here . Yes you pay your hard earned money on watches that are foremost not real and you must be aware that these moderators spend great deal of time putting all of this together for all of US here to enjoy something most of us probably cant afford . This situation can cause new members not to trust AMF in which the reviews of their work and the members who has purchased from them here are very good. If there is a MOD reading this , you guys should put together a probation period for new members of some sort with these situations .

toxstoxs

Supporter
Certified
13/11/21
One of the main rules here is to contact a MOD of your problem and situation before posting and going off on a TD here . Yes you pay your hard earned money on watches that are foremost not real and you must be aware that these moderators spend great deal of time putting all of this together for all of US here to enjoy something most of us probably cant afford . This situation can cause new members not to trust AMF in which the reviews of their work and the members who has purchased from them here are very good. If there is a MOD reading this , you guys should put together a probation period for new members of some sort with these situations .

You are repeating things already told many times.
Being a Trusted Dealers means not just to sell and ship what you order and pay but most of all to face problems when they occur.

Buying a fake more or less accurate is not the point.
The point is to get a working, not broken watch whenever you open the box.

That's what has happened and what about AMF never paid effort to solve.

I got another expensive watch here from (of course) different dealer. A Tourbillon watch that arrived with an assembly defect. Once opside down it stop, you need to shake the case to make it start again.

You know which was the reply from the dealer? I'm very sorry, return me the watch and we'll replace it.

It will need a couple of months after all but that's what it mean to follow a client after sales.

The AMF reply was "dear, we are not Amazon"

Night and day.

Think it over.

​​​​​​.

Reactions: Nono92

Boonface

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/8/22
yes but this is the second post on this subject.

OP: how do you expect AMF or ANY dealer to pick this up in QC? I'll wait for your explanation . . .
Headmaster I think you need to kindly show this guy/gal the door because he is one annoying SOB :)

Reactions: eBoy

Boonface

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/8/22
His problem is he has a crappy attitude and a chip on his shoulder. He keep disrespecting Chinese people and their “mentality” when he can’t even speak/type English properly lol what a joker. He’s crying because he Is basically buying reps from TDs and selling them on with a big markup price locally. He has a bad business strategy. He should stick to buying on DHgate or something

ProperGains

Supporter
Certified
18/5/22
it's in the rules that the watch only has to work when it arrives. Anything after is use at your own risk it is a rep after all. You said it worked, FOR 4 DAYS your words, which means the TD is no longer liable for your handling of the watch. By the rules of the forum and the AMF TD rules they have stated. Also, without proof and 24 hr video surveillance who's to say you didn't break it by accident and are blaming them? Who's to say it really was them possibly not using locktite on a screw? WHO REALLY KNOWS? without proof there's nothing but lies from both sides to me. You've solved the issue just ask a mod to delete the post.

toxstoxs

Supporter
Certified
13/11/21
it's in the rules that the watch only has to work when it arrives. Anything after is use at your own risk it is a rep after all. You said it worked, FOR 4 DAYS your words, which means the TD is no longer liable for your handling of the watch. By the rules of the forum and the AMF TD rules they have stated. Also, without proof and 24 hr video surveillance who's to say you didn't break it by accident and are blaming them? Who's to say it really was them possibly not using locktite on a screw? WHO REALLY KNOWS? without proof there's nothing but lies from both sides to me. You've solved the issue just ask a mod to delete the post.
You guys are really funny and living in other dimensions...

Trusted Dealers means totally different attitudes.

An Excalibur V4 by R.D. bought from a different (of course) TD present here in this forum, stop to work after a bit more than a week.

AT OPPOSITE as your "lovely friend AMF" he immediately stated a return for a movment repair/exchange.

That's a main difference from a TD that answer to a client after 4 days "My friend we are not Amazon".

Feel free to place ur money where u like most and have NOTHING back in therms of "quality and responsability of what has been sold to you"

As for me. i feel absolutly in position to share my TERRIBLE buying experience with AMD , an unreliable and irresponsible after sale T.D.

See u

AAH1483

Certified
5/12/12
What I think the mods should do with this post????
atomic bomb explosion GIF
NUKE IT!!!!!!!!

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
You guys are really funny and living in other dimensions...

Trusted Dealers means totally different attitudes.

An Excalibur V4 by R.D. bought from a different (of course) TD present here in this forum, stop to work after a bit more than a week.

AT OPPOSITE as your "lovely friend AMF" he immediately stated a return for a movment repair/exchange.

That's a main difference from a TD that answer to a client after 4 days "My friend we are not Amazon".

Feel free to place ur money where u like most and have NOTHING back in therms of "quality and responsability of what has been sold to you"

As for me. i feel absolutly in position to share my TERRIBLE buying experience with AMD , an unreliable and irresponsible after sale T.D.

See u
And did they propose a refund for repairing it at least ?