• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BAD Aftermarket handling from Alpha MOD. Be aware and choose yourself.

toxstoxs

Supporter
Certified
13/11/21
Hi.

In November 2021 i paid for an AP 15500 DLC watch.

The whole waiting process and delivery with a Day1 photos were posted before in this thread :

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...dlc-black-dial

from 23 March 2022 till 4 April 2022 the watch were used on wirst just 4/5 days.

4 April the unthinkable happens
whitout any reason the DLC braclet broken up.

c8714e97-8aee-4414-bd49-8feb76828d95.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/dQrq9z5n/c8714e...eb76828d95.jpg

I did no believe my eyes and inform immediately on Whatsapp Alpha Mod.
I'm aware of the risk to buy from china such kind of objects and the problems to overcome in case of issue but... not after a week.

At first AlphaMod seems to take in charge the braclet replacing "in warranty" as he admitted that is a poor quality control or a Defective piece.

(let's clarify... of course it's a problem that can be fixed from a watchshop specialized.. but.. why should i have a repaired braclet on a brend new watch?)

We remained to wait for an answer from Factory.

1 week passed....
2 week passed....
3 week passed....

yesterday.. as i got pissed off from continuous delays and excuses to avoid to provide a clear definitive solution i gave him an ultimatum as the Alpha Mod final answer was " it's just a courtesy that i offer you because we have no any reason to give you a replacing braclet as you may have broken yourself with bad usage".

As i know how Chinese mentality in business most of the time is : (the product is sold.. the money is earn.. let the client wait.. it's not my problem anymore)

i told Alpha Mod that he's still in charge to provide me a solution to fix my watch but.. at the same time i would activate myself to find the replacment braclet that for him was IMPOSSIBLE to
get and to ship me.

I took just one day (1 day) to inquiry the most credited watch seller to find a forniture for it.

All this is just and only to provide an aftermarket feedback to all who are willing to buy from Alpha Mod.

No complain until it's a matter to BUY.

In the moment you have a problem... ZERO SUPPORT.

It's shown also from the fact that i asked him also an extra braclet link for a 15202 AP as the watch were sold with a too small braclet size and the final owner was really uncomfortable to wear it.

Do you think Alpha mod provided it? of course NO... he probably not even remember this request as, till now (1 month passed) i NEVER got any update.

BE AWARE...

Regards

Last edited:

VG87

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
30/5/21
Looks like a broken screw. I would just take the watch to a rep friendly watch smith and ask him to replace it on the spot and wouldn't make such a fuss for this. The rep game has risks we all have to accept if we want to enjoy replicas that cost a fraction of the price of gen ones. Imagine having the same problem on a gen watch. Would you give such a feedback for AP? I don't think so. You'd take it to the boutique to get it fixed and they'd charge you more than the cost of this rep watch you got, just for a screw.

toxstoxs

Supporter
Certified
13/11/21
Looks like a broken screw. I would just take the watch to a rep friendly watch smith and ask him to replace it on the spot and wouldn't make such a fuss for this. The rep game has risks we all have to accept if we want to enjoy replicas that cost a fraction of the price of gen ones. Imagine having the same problem on a gen watch. Would you give such a feedback for AP? I don't think so. You'd take it to the boutique to get it fixed and they'd charge you more than the cost of this rep watch you got, just for a screw.

I may accept to be in charge of defects upon USAGE of the watch.
Not just after 4 days and not really after have paid 25 USD Extra money for quality control.

We are not discussing if the braclet can be repaired or not but the attitude of a DEALER.

Well not really a dealer.. just a seller (at least in my case)

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Certified
5/2/22
EU
Ok, lets take the positive and negative of the OP post / complaint

I see positive that he shared his experience for others to see what can happen with the watch bracelet , actually this can happen to any bracelet gen or not
Worth to mention that usually warranty on the bracelets unless is a major flaw is the “thinnest “ overall warranty and can be void or not recognized based on poor user handling, lots of gen watches stories on that.

Have in mind that I’m not taking TD part here just express my view

I see negative that what it looks an easy fix (if it is an easy fix) was escalated to such level of frustration bad for OP bad for TD image.

I would try to find a local fix and get over it, I don’t think it is worth to get angry if there is a possibility for an easy fix.

Now, I also think that the answers from TD can be a little nicer explaining about what it can be done and try to calmly point of what user can do and maybe offer a future discount on another purchase (which can happen or not but it is a nice gesture from TD)

Reactions: Nono92 and Anaanis

toxstoxs

Supporter
Certified
13/11/21
Ok, lets take the positive and negative of the OP post / complaint

I see positive that he shared his experience for others to see what can happen with the watch bracelet , actually this can happen to any bracelet gen or not
Worth to mention that usually warranty on the bracelets unless is a major flaw is the “thinnest “ overall warranty and can be void or not recognized based on poor user handling, lots of gen watches stories on that.

Have in mind that I’m not taking TD part here just express my view

I see negative that what it looks an easy fix (if it is an easy fix) was escalated to such level of frustration bad for OP bad for TD image.

I would try to find a local fix and get over it, I don’t think it is worth to get angry if there is a possibility for an easy fix.

Now, I also think that the answers from TD can be a little nicer explaining about what it can be done and try to calmly point of what user can do and maybe offer a future discount on another purchase (which can happen or not but it is a nice gesture from TD)

Keep in mind one thing...
i'm not a person who is not understanding and patient.

but i been waiting 6 months fora a watch.. paid EXTRA money for quality control, got in and after 4 days it got broken.. and MORE than 3 weeks without any answer to the problem.

I honestly do not see any positive side on all this.

Of course it's an easy fix for any specialized watch Lab... i did it already at my cost.

But at the same time there were NO ANY proposition of... (for example)

1) i refund you the extra money for quality control as we may clearly see it was not as it should be.
2) Let me know how much you paid for the repair and i refund you that amount
3) Give a quick reply for a solution and not leave the buyer 3 weeks (and still without any answer) in silence

maybe just my too high expectation beyond any chinese dealer behaviour

Last edited:

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
$25 for QC is a new one for me tbh :confused:
Did they explain what the additional service entailed?

Am glad you got it solved locally though, nothing worse than getting a watch and having to repair it, so to be able to get it done quickly is a positive, as it's now back where it should be...on your wrist :thumbsup:

Am not disputing the fact that it absolutely sucks that it broke so quick, I got a watch DOA from another TD, so it happens, but hopefully you can resolve this with AMF (maybe privately via PM/WhatsApp)

Best of luck

Last edited:
Reactions: j21

AMF

Trusted Watch Dealer
Trusted Dealer
27/5/20
Absolute misrepresentation here, sorry to say but it is absolutely incorrect.

The issue with this purchase has been discussed on a previously opened thread that can be seen in the post history.
The factory has been out of stock for some while which has always been fully communicated with the customer. As soon as we have received stock, we have pushed the watch through QC and shipped out to the customer.

The 15202 links that were mentioned of the small bracelet (which is the same size as any other 15202 comes from ZF and the issue of big wrists has not been communicated prior to shipping / prior to raising the issue with us) have been sourced for customer and also shipped to the customer.

These links have been sourced and shipped. This issue can happen on any bracelet from ZF and this can not be called out during QC progress at all, no matter how it is checked unless we wear the watch for a few weeks or months to see if any issue arises. Would that have been the better way to do the QC check?
Anyhow, shipping the watch back to China for repair has always been an option but not necessary as the sourcing time and shipping time already has been an absolute nightmare and shipping back to China for fix would only drag this out a few more months which obviously was not an option. So we reached out to the factory over this issue to get the issue rectified.

Due to pandemic situation, everything in China has been slowed down tremendously, as markets are closed and factories also not working as usual. So replies regarding this issue have taken time and are outstanding but due to this escalation of the matter have been rejected by the customer as not necessary and unwanted. We have said it before and will happily say it again here. Stuff is taking time, especially these days and issues like this can not be resolved in record time. We, and no other dealer is able to provide an amazon like experience and after sales service. Issues are bound to happen but it takes patience and mutual respect to fulfil and make right on this.

We have been getting and taking regular abuse on shipping time, this issue, that issue left right and centre from OP. Accusing us of not delivering his watch, accusing us of not having shipped his watch, demanding for our transport routes to be explained and proven that the parcel has been shipped. You will understand that this is uncalled for to ask as we never had no intention of scamming anyone nor do we or anyone like to sell products that have damages. But we try our best to assist when it happens but it can not always be avoided.

Never have we stated it is courtesy from our side but courtesy of the factory to fix the watch after it has been worn. We can not attest to how it was worn or how it was treated and as such it is generally difficult to handle such issues. We have made every attempt we could in fixing this amicably for the customer by reaching out to the factory to get it sorted out and resolved but it is never enough, never right. Everything always was problematic and made an issue. This issue is a known issue the ZF watches have and it can happen randomly. It can be read throughout the forum here or anyone familiar with the model can tell you about this issue being a possibility.

We have been nothing but transparent and upfront about this and any other deal we make. Anyone that has worked with us or knows us can attest to this.

As stated, we have offered to get this issue resolved with the factory but logically we can not resolve it without having an answer from the factory.
If RWI staff wishes, we are happy to forward all and any communication.

Stuvetjee trailboss99 C Master

Last edited:

AMF

Trusted Watch Dealer
Trusted Dealer
27/5/20
$25 for QC is a new one for me tbh :confused:
We do not charge for QC. We charge for our personal QC checking. Means we will auto reject a watch that does not fit the criteria as something we would accept. QC pictures are provided always and at no additional cost as usual.

It is us doing the checking of the watch in person ensuring that there are no defects, out of tolerance issues or whatsoever with the watch before it is being shipped. For this we charge a fee of $25 but it is clearly communicated to be optional at the point of offering. So buyer can opt out of this if they want to do it themselves and check for themselves and do not want us to check it personally.

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
We do not charge for QC. We charge for our personal QC checking. Means we will auto reject a watch that does not fit the criteria as something we would accept. QC pictures are provided always and at no additional cost as usual.

It is us doing the checking of the watch in person ensuring that there are no defects, out of tolerance issues or whatsoever with the watch before it is being shipped. For this we charge a fee of $25 but it is clearly communicated to be optional at the point of offering. So buyer can opt out of this if they want to do it themselves and check for themselves and do not want us to check it personally.

Cool, thanks for clarifying :thumbsup:

Reactions: joeyc and j21

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hi.

In November 2021 i paid for an AP 15500 DLC watch.

The whole waiting process and delivery with a Day1 photos were posted before in this thread :

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...dlc-black-dial

from 23 March 2022 till 4 April 2022 the watch were used on wirst just 4/5 days.

4 April the unthinkable happens
whitout any reason the DLC braclet broken up.

c8714e97-8aee-4414-bd49-8feb76828d95.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/dQrq9z5n/c8714e...eb76828d95.jpg

I did no believe my eyes and inform immediately on Whatsapp Alpha Mod.
I'm aware of the risk to buy from china such kind of objects and the problems to overcome in case of issue but... not after a week.

At first AlphaMod seems to take in charge the braclet replacing "in warranty" as he admitted that is a poor quality control or a Defective piece.

(let's clarify... of course it's a problem that can be fixed from a watchshop specialized.. but.. why should i have a repaired braclet on a brend new watch?)

We remained to wait for an answer from Factory.

1 week passed....
2 week passed....
3 week passed....

yesterday.. as i got pissed off from continuous delays and excuses to avoid to provide a clear definitive solution i gave him an ultimatum as the Alpha Mod final answer was " it's just a courtesy that i offer you because we have no any reason to give you a replacing braclet as you may have broken yourself with bad usage".

As i know how Chinese mentality in business most of the time is : (the product is sold.. the money is earn.. let the client wait.. it's not my problem anymore)

i told Alpha Mod that he's still in charge to provide me a solution to fix my watch but.. at the same time i would activate myself to find the replacment braclet that for him was IMPOSSIBLE to
get and to ship me.

I took just one day (1 day) to inquiry the most credited watch seller to find a forniture for it.

All this is just and only to provide an aftermarket feedback to all who are willing to buy from Alpha Mod.

No complain until it's a matter to BUY.

In the moment you have a problem... ZERO SUPPORT.

It's shown also from the fact that i asked him also an extra braclet link for a 15202 AP as the watch were sold with a too small braclet size and the final owner was really uncomfortable to wear it.

Do you think Alpha mod provided it? of course NO... he probably not even remember this request as, till now (1 month passed) i NEVER got any update.

BE AWARE...

Regards

This specific bracelet issue cannot always be detected in QC pics. It is like a noisy rotor or a loose screw in the movement plate rattling around. What can be checked in QC pics are the verification of the model ordered, alignment, dial print, and any other visible abnormalities. I have encountered my fair share of ZF bracelet having dislodged connecting rods. A 3 weeks waiting time during this pandemic is nothing to shout about. If you do not have patience this is not the correct hobby for you. Patience and communication are key. Dealers are people too. Just try to solve this issue like you would any other issue in life: communicate properly and get through to the other person. If one approach does not work, try another.
Every dealer has their share of compliments and complaints. No dealer is exempt from it. Buy enough from any one dealer and you will eventually run into snags or issues. Does that make them bad dealers or scammers? No, because these are replica watches and they can arrive with problems or issues or arrive broken or sometimes, not at all. It is part and parcel of the hobby.

Vineetd23

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
13/12/21
Los Angeles, CA
Hmmmmmmmm, I would also be pissed if I had this issue after wearing for 4 or 5 days, especially knowing what AMF charges. We all understand that we’re not dealing with Amazon, but we’re also not buying a watch from a guy on the street corner or from a market in Marakesh. And AMF holds themselves out to be above and beyond, the best of the TDs offering the highest quality and service, don’t take my word for it, just read their own posts in their section. I guess I would give other TDs that have been around longer with more members to vouch for them more of the benefit of the doubt. I’ll tell you one thing though, don’t pay that extra $25 for their QC services … lol

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

AMF

Trusted Watch Dealer
Trusted Dealer
27/5/20
Hmmmmmmmm, I would also be pissed if I had this issue after wearing for 4 or 5 days, especially knowing what AMF charges. We all understand that we’re not dealing with Amazon, but we’re also not buying a watch from a guy on the street corner or from a market in Marakesh. And AMF holds themselves out to be above and beyond, the best of the TDs offering the highest quality and service, don’t take my word for it, just read their own posts in their section.

This is not a modded purchase. It’s a stock rep from ZF. No mods have been performed on this specific watch, none of OPs orders were further modded by us.
So the same price as any other dealer would charge has been charged here, not a penny more dear.

Reactions: Anaanis

Vineetd23

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
13/12/21
Los Angeles, CA
Fair point then, but I still think it’s understandable for OP to be a little upset.

AMF

Trusted Watch Dealer
Trusted Dealer
27/5/20
Fair point then, but I still think it’s understandable for OP to be a little upset.

1000% dear. We understand the issue and frustration with this issue, it would not be any different if it happened to ourselves.
We have reached out to the factory the moment the issue was communicated to us. The fact that the resolution from the factory is still outstanding cannot be blamed entirely on us and we have already reached out with another ping about the issue to the factory a few days ago before this matter was escalate.
It will be addressed but the way ZF work with this type of stuff is not the best but there is only so much that can be done from our side.
Since shipping back to China was never an option to be considered, only this is viable for replacing the bracelet.
We have suggested a repair by a local to OP watchmaker / modder which was declined as not wanted, at no point would we have disagreed with taking a part of the amount payable for that. Would have been happy to but the behaviour and reaction of OP has shown us that he does not wish to work on this resolving with us.

Will be happy to bring this as an option again and publicly. If OP wishes to have the matter fixed by a local to him watchmaker whatsoever, we will be happy to cover $50 of the repair cost.

Reactions: Anaanis and KJ2020

toxstoxs

Supporter
Certified
13/11/21
This specific bracelet issue cannot always be detected in QC pics. It is like a noisy rotor or a loose screw in the movement plate rattling around. What can be checked in QC pics are the verification of the model ordered, alignment, dial print, and any other visible abnormalities. I have encountered my fair share of ZF bracelet having dislodged connecting rods. A 3 weeks waiting time during this pandemic is nothing to shout about. If you do not have patience this is not the correct hobby for you. Patience and communication are key. Dealers are people too. Just try to solve this issue like you would any other issue in life: communicate properly and get through to the other person. If one approach does not work, try another.
Every dealer has their share of compliments and complaints. No dealer is exempt from it. Buy enough from any one dealer and you will eventually run into snags or issues. Does that make them bad dealers or scammers? No, because these are replica watches and they can arrive with problems or issues or arrive broken or sometimes, not at all. It is part and parcel of the hobby.

This is not a matter of this hobby or whatever else...

it's a matter that i PAY good and healthy MONEY for a working watch.
In any business when you ask money for a service or a product you must (if you are serious and trustable as claiming to be) stand also to face aftermarket problems.. quickly and professionally.
Otherwise you are not different from a street seller.

Leave the pandemia away from this topic as i myself activated with other dealer and i found a replacement in 24h.
So.. this is ONLY a matter to be professional and follow the seller to solve the problem...
not to leave him in total silence for 3+ weeks making him ask and ask and ask again.

This is just and only a feedback from future possible buyers

Last edited:

toxstoxs

Supporter
Certified
13/11/21
1000% dear. We understand the issue and frustration with this issue, it would not be any different if it happened to ourselves.
We have reached out to the factory the moment the issue was communicated to us. The fact that the resolution from the factory is still outstanding cannot be blamed entirely on us and we have already reached out with another ping about the issue to the factory a few days ago before this matter was escalate.
It will be addressed but the way ZF work with this type of stuff is not the best but there is only so much that can be done from our side.
Since shipping back to China was never an option to be considered, only this is viable for replacing the bracelet.

Nobody ask you to let me have the replacment in a week. i'm open to wait the necessary time for the shipping but i can't accept a 3+ weeks of total silence while i found myself a solution in 24h.
Shipping back to china was an option.. at your charge as you sent at source a defective product.
I'm not going to charge myself (as you more than once said) 120 USD shipping cost for a 2 way transif of a Dead on Arrival watch.

and again.. no mentions of my request (forwarded to you the day of AP 15202 arrival) to have extra link as the watch provided was incredibly small compared to the original. The Pandemia was not yet returned but the topic felt into toal silence.

We have suggested a repair by a local to OP watchmaker / modder which was declined as not wanted, at no point would we have disagreed with taking a part of the amount payable for that. Would have been happy to but the behaviour and reaction of OP has shown us that he does not wish to work on this resolving with us.

Will be happy to bring this as an option again and publicly. If OP wishes to have the matter fixed by a local to him watchmaker whatsoever, we will be happy to cover $50 of the repair cost.

You NEVER said it privately but just now on pubblic to save your face and the answer is NO... as a brend new watch i expect to have a replacment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marceau and Anaanis

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
It is all the fucking risk we take. Were not on Amazon… hell all couldve happen the same with the movement or something. This repgame is clearly not for you… just simply return the watch to AMF.

we are dealing with illegal products that are assembled in a filthy factory. But what pisses me most about your thread is your statement on the chinese mentality. I deal on a daily business with chinese factories and all i can say is that each and everyone goes the extra mile to make the client happy.

AMF will always offer a solution, you just didnt feel like accepting it.

toxstoxs

Supporter
Certified
13/11/21
It is all the fucking risk we take. Were not on Amazon… hell all couldve happen the same with the movement or something. This repgame is clearly not for you… just simply return the watch to AMF.

we are dealing with illegal products that are assembled in a filthy factory. But what pisses me most about your thread is your statement on the chinese mentality. I deal on a daily business with chinese factories and all i can say is that each and everyone goes the extra mile to make the client happy.

AMF will always offer a solution, you just didnt feel like accepting it.

You are speaking to the wind...

i'm making import business with China already 20 years in other market but facing the same problems with many sellers.

Find a chinese businessman who do his job like all the rest of modern world does, is far from easy.

Do you think i'm not aware of what am i buying? well u are wrong...
but as AMF is claimed to be a TRUSTED dealer... i'm free to share my experience with anybody who can gain help from it.

P.S. The return option has been commented from AMF such... "Dear you know we are not Amazon yes?"

So.. before to be pissed of from any of my words.. be sure to be fully informed.

Regards

Last edited:

AMF

Trusted Watch Dealer
Trusted Dealer
27/5/20
Nobody ask you to let me have the replacment in a week. i'm open to wait the necessary time for the shipping but i can't accept a 3+ weeks of total silence while i found myself a solution in 24h.
Shipping back to china was an option.. at your charge as you sent at source a defective product.
I'm not going to charge myself (as you more than once said) 120 USD shipping cost for a 2 way transif of a Dead on Arrival watch.

and again.. no mentions of my request (forwarded to you the day of AP 15202 arrival) to have extra link as the watch provided was incredibly small compared to the original. The Pandemia was not yet returned but the topic felt into toal silence.

You NEVER said it privately but just now on pubblic to save your face and the answer is NO... as a brend new watch i expect to have a replacment.

Happy to post the screenshot of us suggestion to have it fixed by a modder. We have not offered to take a part of the cost previously because this issue was immediately declined by you so there was not even a chance to offer it. We have no need to save face because there was no risk of losing it to begin with. Your posts are showing your clear agenda and attitude that you had been giving us for a long time when accusing us of not shipping your watch and demanding us to lay out our shipping procedures to you, which, we will say it again, will not be happening.

You seem to be too deep in your pit of ignorance to even read our replies. The extra links for 15202 have been sourced and shipped to you. We even told you that before.
The bracelet that came on the 15202 you purchased is the same size as any other 15202 from ZF and we have gone to the extend of sourcing and supplying the extra links as soon as the issue has been brought up.
Do not twist the facts here dear.

We understand that your customer is being hard on you about this issue on the watch he bought from you but understand our replies. Never has there been any attempt of scam or deception. We do not need it one bit.

Nothing has been dead on arrival. You seem to misunderstand the meaning of this. It is a production defect that we have offered to address but you clearly have shown that you do not wish to resolve this further.