• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Introducing AMF Patek Philippe Aquanaut 5167

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Remove crown, place in sealed container with rice or silica gel sachets and leave over night.
I would open the case back and do the above method to get rid of all the moisture for a few days. Is a bit odd the watch is not sealed properly, I hope you didn't pay too much for it.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

HublotSenna

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/11/10
Sorry to hear about the condensation AND no painted seconds pinion :(. Would like to see if they did the other things they stated they would do too. I'll hold off on my purchase for now. Best of luck getting the waterproofing sorted.

Reactions: Sonofalich

AMF

Trusted Watch Dealer
Trusted Dealer
27/5/20
For transparency reasons we would like make a statement here too .This issue is being worked out with the customer, as we always stand behind our watches 100% and if any issues are to arise, we will do our best to work on this together to get it resolved.

Upon checking our internal records, the pinion has been painted, however there is variances in pinion sizes from 3KF factory.
Regarding the pinion, we would like to clarify previous posts about having forgotten, we have not. Have checked our internal records, pictures of the unmodded watches and can say that we have definitely done the mod of painting the pinion .

The difference in look comes due to pinion opening being of different finish and size by 3KF. This is a batch difference and varies from piece to piece. It is something we can not have any impact on. The pinion has been painted, the difference is that in some batches the pinion is more capped which allows us for better and full painting option whereas on others the pinion is more roughly cut. On the latter, we can not thoroughly paint through it and paint the inside of the pinion as this will cause the hands to potentially malfunction and mess up. We have painted as far as it was possible to do so and with the hands moving, there is always risk of some paint rubbing off that went too deep into the pinion which will cause some rub but this is marginal part.

This is very small tolerance between just right and too much and kindly understand that each of our pieces is modded by hand so variances may occur but rest assured that all work has been carried out as stated in our history as well as on the product description.

The pinion variance is something we have no impact on as it is down to production from the factory, 3KF in this case dear. This most recent batch was the first batch to have these different pinion sizes .However, this is something that every manufacturer, Patek not excluded, is prone to. So it is not a flaw per se but simply a batch variance dear. There can always be variances in production of parts batches which will cause differences. Variances of pinions are existing in the gen world too for 5167 and other models. Our little rep world is not alone with this.

Hope this add some clarification to the pinion situation, as said, the other issue discussed is being taken care of with the member.

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Ouch, certainly not what you expect when you pay so much in fees and time too...
Glad to see AMF reaching out to fix it, but I would hope you will be given quite a large discount/partial refund merlinp6619 .

Further question for AMF Why are the hands on that watch bright white lume? Compared to the yellow/green of the Dial numerical lume? Seems quite a large (wrong) contrast tbh.

AAH1483

Certified
5/12/12
Hey Mate no need to remove case back or crown , just unscrew crown and place the watch in some rice over night and your good to go. Had the same problem with my Sub when I cleaned it once. Condensation cleared up with no problem.

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
I’m not sure about that, but it certainly hasn’t been waterproofed I’ve got terrible condensation on the inside of the crystal now that I can’t get rid of. From taking in kids pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, how much did you pay for these mods ?

JimmyWW169

7/4/22
7009cb312ce758a47e8eeb0e5cb19234.jpg

Unfortunately condensation is slap bang over the middle, any recommendations of UK based watch maker ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That really sucks mate

Evilspell

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
15/7/22
06000 Nice France.
je suis un grand amateur de ce modèle, avez vous réglé le problème d'étanchéité ? j'ai une 5167 de 3KF et elle est étanche , pas pour la plongée mais pour nager uniquement.
quel prix svp ?

bbqtrini

30/8/17
How come this question never gets answered? Is it confidential? A number people have inquired about price but it’s radio silence….
I think AMF wants folks to whatsapp them if they are serious about the purchase. When I figured out the watch I wanted they responded with a quote in 24 hours.

99luft

Horology Curious
7/10/22
I don't have whatsapp but would also like to know the price for this?

Rickjames111

5/9/17
St Louis, Mo
When sellers refuse to disclose a price to the general public, it makes me think one of two things: Their price is too high and they know it AND/OR they don't give everyone the same price, trying to get as much possible from each buyer.

I don't want to waste my time installing whatsapp, trying to figure out how to use it, etc., when I am already in a forum with the seller. Especially when multiple people have asked about the price. How can I know if I am interested in the piece if I don't know the price. They haven't even acknowledged the question, just completely ignoring it.

Not posting a price is a huge turnoff to so many people.

Reactions: bunny123 and Richyv

Hesekiel

Vintage Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
4/1/17
California
In the past 65 years of my life I've learned that if a seller doesn't disclose the price, whether it's for a house, a car, a watch, or an hour with a hooker, there's something SERIOUSLY wrong with the product-price ratio. Several people have inquired about the price for this product, and the seller has simply ignored all of those requests. TC Submariners were never cheap, and BK charges a fair price for his custom work, yet both of them are open and forthcoming with potential buyers. No so here.
Buyer beware!

Reactions: Richyv

AMF

Trusted Watch Dealer
Trusted Dealer
27/5/20
Prices are not discuss because they are depending on which work is being carried out .One person may want something else, less , custom or genuine part to add , this will change the price and create unnecessary confusion. That is why we ask for individual discussion of the build desired before directly with us .A PM here, email or whatsapp message is totally ok, we will get back to every message as fast as possible. We will take time to advise and guide correctly .No one is paying a different price for the same build and we certainly are not trying to or taking advantage of anyone. Thank you for understanding.