• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Carbon Daytona - Popped my AMF cherry

Boonface

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/8/22
Didn't see a reviews section like other TDs so posting here if that's ok - feel free to move if necessary.

This relates to the following:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...a-modding/10285071-carbon-noob-daytona-anyone

After seeing the above, and remembering seeing both a non-Noob version a while ago in the EyeCandy forums, in addition to a Noob one for sale in M2M, it instantly grabbed my attention, to the utter dismay of my missus ;)

Enquired about price/availability via PM.

PM was quickly answered and unlike the inflated prices being advertised on other TDs sites, these were being sold at pre-raid prices, $888, which was fair, so they deserve a shout out for that first of all, bravo.

Exchanged info & payment sent 5th Nov
QC 11th Nov
Dispatched 14th Nov
Actually Left HK 26th Nov
Hit Ireland 9th December
Delivered 10th December (just in time for the weekend)

Communication excellent & packed bombproof.
When I received the package I marvelled at how light it was.

Since ordering have learned that it's not actually a Carbon Noob Daytona, more like a hybrid, post-raid one, which is slightly disappointing (with some differences identified in separate threads) but still a fun watch & looking forward to inspecting it proper & debuting over the weekend.

Thanks again AMF
What is pre raid and post raid sorry to sound silly I’m new to this forum lol

emdeevee

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/13
Southern California
What is pre raid and post raid sorry to sound silly I’m new to this forum lol
A year and a half to two years back, major raids by police on factories in China occurred which radically changed the rep landscape. For instance, the factory referred to above, Noob, was shut down permanently by these raids.

Reactions: P..DR..D

Boonface

3/8/22
A year and a half to two years back, major raids by police on factories in China occurred which radically changed the rep landscape. For instance, the factory referred to above, Noob, was shut down permanently by these raids.
Oh I see. Does that now effect the price or quality of timepieces coming from China? Oh I didn’t know noob was shut down I seem to see their watches advertised on some websites so would that be just previous stock?

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Oh I see. Does that now effect the price or quality of timepieces coming from China? Oh I didn’t know noob was shut down I seem to see their watches advertised on some websites so would that be just previous stock?
Some huge threads on them here:

And a debate is still ongoing about the quality difference (if any) on pre v post raid models of the same name. Not gonna get into that here, plenty of threads on it, for different brands/models. Some members will.say the quality is worse since the raids, others will say not.

If there are Noob stock being advertised on TD websites it could be the website isn't updated.

It's always recommended to check availability with the TD (using their contact details at their RWI forum page) prior to sending any payment.

Reactions: Boonface

Boonface

3/8/22
Some huge threads on them here:

And a debate is still ongoing about the quality difference (if any) on pre v post raid models of the same name. Not gonna get into that here, plenty of threads on it, for different brands/models. Some members will.say the quality is worse since the raids, others will say not.

If there are Noob stock being advertised on TD websites it could be the website isn't updated.

It's always recommended to check availability with the TD (using their contact details at their RWI forum page) prior to sending any payment.
Thanks for the informative reply much appreciated bud.

Reactions: P..DR..D