• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Carbon Daytona - Popped my AMF cherry

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Didn't see a reviews section like other TDs so posting here if that's ok - feel free to move if necessary.

This relates to the following:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...a-modding/10285071-carbon-noob-daytona-anyone

After seeing the above, and remembering seeing both a non-Noob version a while ago in the EyeCandy forums, in addition to a Noob one for sale in M2M, it instantly grabbed my attention, to the utter dismay of my missus ;)

Enquired about price/availability via PM.

PM was quickly answered and unlike the inflated prices being advertised on other TDs sites, these were being sold at pre-raid prices, $888, which was fair, so they deserve a shout out for that first of all, bravo.

Exchanged info & payment sent 5th Nov
QC 11th Nov
Dispatched 14th Nov
Actually Left HK 26th Nov
Hit Ireland 9th December
Delivered 10th December (just in time for the weekend)

Communication excellent & packed bombproof.
When I received the package I marvelled at how light it was.

Since ordering have learned that it's not actually a Carbon Noob Daytona, more like a hybrid, post-raid one, which is slightly disappointing (with some differences identified in separate threads) but still a fun watch & looking forward to inspecting it proper & debuting over the weekend.

Thanks again AMF

Reactions: AMF and j21

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Great buy and great you supported our new TD, wear it in good health my friend. Waiting for some nice pictures...

Reactions: P..DR..D

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
kavorca1

j21
Thank you both :thumbsup:

It's so frickin light it's insane
(Note to self to weigh it at some point.:graman:)

Took one quick picture, but won't get a chance to take more until tomorrow, so here's a quick teaser ;)

TGIF :drinks_cheers:

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Yeah congrats buddy! Look forward to seeing pics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Am a horrendous photographer, and these are on a phone, but as promised :thumbsup:

The rehaut, only because it was mentioned in the main DIW thread, and I was curious, is shockingly misaligned, but hardly visible because its black you have to really look for it. Couldnt even take a decent picture of it on the phone, but doesn't bother me.

Very very nice on the wrist, the strap fits like a glove & it's so light you forget it's actually there :p

Even though it's the new case back, I'm a glass half full kinda guy, so now I know theres at least one of them in the 'Emerald' Isle

:goodluck:

H S

Smuggler
Patron
Certified
10/6/21
USA
Congrats! It’s a beauty. I was so close to pulling the trigger on one of those. Enjoy!

Sunny126619

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/11/21
kavorca1

j21

Took one quick picture, but won't get a chance to take more until tomorrow, so here's a quick teaser ;)

kavorca1

j21

What are your thoughts on it after owning it a little while?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
What are your thoughts on it after owning it a little while?

I havent actually worn it proper yet, just for the pictures above, but I'll pick it out this week though and try it out for a few days :thumbsup:

Sunny126619

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/11/21
It’s one of the best looking watches I’ve ever seen.
I see PureTime has it, is that the same one?
Anyway, enjoy and please update us.

1d363dfb5883a0e81c77926e7ae71793.jpg

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Thank you Sir. I'll have it back on my wrist later this week and will report back :thumbsup:

I'm not 100% sure of the factory tbh, but it does look similar and roughly comparable to what I paid ($928 v $888).

I thought the one I ordered was Noob due to the below advertisement:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...a-modding/10285071-carbon-noob-daytona-anyone

but have since been informed it's not Noob, so could well be the QF one you linked. Bonus is that the new caseback is better for working on with the new screws (versus the old Torx ones on the Noob)

Looking at the QF Puretime photos, the caseback is identical to mine, same screws and writing, which I believe was one of the differences when compared to Noob cases.

The day I took those pictures, I actually forgot I was wearing it at times as it's ridiculously light and comfortable on the wrist.

I recall seeing this thread, so maybe more info there:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/9736423-noob-diw-carbon-black-daytona

Post 340 mentions the QF release specifically.

mikeanh77

13/11/18
Asia
Thank you Sir. I'll have it back on my wrist later this week and will report back :thumbsup:

I'm not 100% sure of the factory tbh, but it does look similar and roughly comparable to what I paid ($928 v $888).

I thought the one I ordered was Noob due to the below advertisement:

but have since been informed it's not Noob, so could well be the QF one you linked. Bonus is that the new caseback is better for working on with the new screws (versus the old Torx ones on the Noob)

Looking at the QF Puretime photos, the caseback is identical to mine, same screws and writing, which I believe was one of the differences when compared to Noob cases.

The day I took those pictures, I actually forgot I was wearing it at times as it's ridiculously light and comfortable on the wrist.

I recall seeing this thread, so maybe more info there:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/9736423-noob-diw-carbon-black-daytona

Post 340 mentions the QF release specifically.
how big is your wrist if i may ask, i want to pull the trigger but my wrist are only 6.3"

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
how big is your wrist if i may ask, i want to pull the trigger but my wrist are only 6.3"

7inch (18cm)

Have taken few pics to illustrate the fit as am wearing today, hopefully assist you in deciding.

In my opinion, sits perfectly, with no overhang, or exposed velcro, and is a little bit loose, but not overly, so very comfortable.

jPNhII.jpg
jPN2Xc.jpg
jPNAxX.jpg

jPNeWi.jpg

Last edited:

mikeanh77

13/11/18
Asia
7inch (18cm)

Have taken few pics to illustrate the fit as am wearing today, hopefully assist you in deciding.

In my opinion, sits perfectly, with no overhang, or exposed velcro, and is a little bit loose, but not overly, so very comfortable.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/clickpix.org\/images\/jPNeWi.jpg"}[/IMG2]
then it wont fit me i think, may have to buy another aftermarket strap or rubber strap for it. if it fit you loosely then wont fit me :D thats what i heard with this velcro strap, they will only fit 17cm wrist and up

mikeanh77

13/11/18
Asia
and is this noob pre raid or the new QF? it has nice carbon wood grain just like gen, maybe not as good but its there

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
then it wont fit me i think, may have to buy another aftermarket strap or rubber strap for it. if it fit you loosely then wont fit me :D thats what i heard with this velcro strap, they will only fit 17cm wrist and up

Rubber strap could be nice, but the velcro is very very comfortable, and very light. Hope you get sorted, tis a beautiful watch.

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
and is this noob pre raid or the new QF? it has nice carbon wood grain just like gen, maybe not as good but its there

Not sure if QF tbh, but it was post raid.

Perhaps AMF can confirm the factory?