• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Lucy the best

Federico80

Horology Curious
16/6/19
Hi everyone, I finally received the Date Just for my wife, I must say that it is really very very nice. Lucy was simply fantastic, she took care of my order to the smallest detail, the communication was excellent and I must say that I am fully satisfied.:happy-1:

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
I gave up on Lucy after she failed miserably to reply to emails

You need to read her reviews. amazing reviews. because of her work ethic and the quality of the watch you will receive. And to get a quality rep with less flaws it takes time. You don't know how lucy's operation works so I'll explain it a little. She is a one woman show. No employees. Other TD's have several or many. Some may only have a few. But she does everything and that's because she's a perfectionist. and she wants everything done to her standards. I am actually working on an article that I'm going to post after interviewing several of the TD's here about how they operate and what their days look like. It's a crazy wild day for a TD with 5 employees. So you can imagine what a day is like for a TD with no employees. 12 to 14 hour days and even 16 hour days. literall non stop. no breaks to eat rarely. Travelling from factory to factory. These factories put out a lot of watches everyday. and she goes to each one and sorts through them carefully. every single day. but she doesn't accept ones that a lot would. She is very picky. I'm going to write a lot more in my article, but it is actually surprising. But I guarantee you that she is working very hard, and that's why she has the best reviews. Because you willl get the best watch from her. You might get a watch faster from another TD, But that watch is not scrutinized and put through all of the days of testing that Lucy puts them through. I would much rather wait and receive the best possible rep that I can. I'm not saying other TD's are not great. All the TD's here are great. They all have pros and cons. You just have to shop around buying from different ones until you find the one you like the best. I do wish she had at least one employee though to answer emails. and I've mentioned that over the years to her. Maybe someday she will. It would be helpful. Right now she has 60 watches that she is searching for. That's a lot of travelling everyday, and going through a lot of watches everyday. She might accept one or two each day. because all of the hundreds of others she sorts through don't meet her standards. In a business like this, that's amazing that she does that. These watches are not made in sterile environments, or factories like we think of what a watch factory should be. they are dirty places. filled with dust and debris, and put together quickly and sometimes not with care. just so that they get the amount of watches out a day to meet their quota. So the watches come with crooked markers. misaligned things. scratches. large amounts of dust and lint under the crystals. movements that are not oiled properly. Timings are off........and the list goes on and on and on. to find a good one takes a lot of time. Then she tests each watch for several days running them through various tests to make sure they are within cosc standards. and if they are not she sends them to her watchsmith to be fixed so they work as they should. She also sends each one out to be cleaned under the crystal because most everyone basically has dust or lint or some kind of debris under the crystal. She goes above and beyond what is really required, but does not charge more than other TD's for all the extra work that's put into your watch. Just some things to keep in miind. With Lucy you have to be patient if you are going to buy from her. But you are guaranteed to get a great watch. I've bought from most all of our TD's. All are great. but for me at least, nobody compares to the watch you get from Lucy. I'm going to post a review of the watch I just got from her here hopefully tonight or tomorrow. I'm astonished how good it is. It took two months, but it was well worth the wait. Just for an example, this has happened a few times from other dealers. I got the watches much faster, within a couple weeks. which is fast. and immediate responses to my emails, because they have many employees working for them. But I had to send both watches out immediately to have dust removed from under the crystal. and the crystal was crooked on one o them. and one had the triangle at 12 o clock really crooked. and the bezel was off quite a bit on one. So, by the time I got them back from a watchsmith and paying 150 to 200 dollars for the repairs, it was over 3 months. which is longer than the time it takes to get a near perfect watch from Lucy where i just have to open the box. wind the watch and put it on my wrist and not have to worry. I'm not saying those TD's are bad. they are great. Their turn around time is great. They find the watches fast. you get it fast. and if you don't care about misaligned or crooked things or flaws that are noticeable then it's no worry. but that's the experience that I've had with any others. They are not always going to have all those flaws. But that just goes to show the care and determination Lucy has to get you a great watch. But yes, the time to respond to emails is a bit annoying.

Reactions: lambo79 and mordret

Oakley

The Dogs Bolex
7/6/19
27°59′17″N 86°55′31″E
Thanks but I didn’t need a lecture on the life of a TD or how the factories operate. I am fully aware of all these things. I have read reviews on reviews and researched until the cows came home. You may well be right about her but in reality it’s all conjecture if she doesn’t reply to an email, unfortunately i haven’t quite perfected the art of telepathy and therefore have no way of communicating with her so my comment is completely valid, unbiased and based on a real life experience. If I received zero response to several emails over several months I give up and move on. If you are happy with the service she has provided you then congratulations, I am very happy for you. I on the other hand was obviously not one of the blessed that have the extraordinary satisfaction of her hand picked cherries.
I think the bit about COSC (Contrôle officiel suisse des chronomètres) Standards is complete hogwash. Only 3% of Genuine Swiss watches are COSC certified so there is no way on this side of the cosmos that 100% of her Asian clone movements meet COSC standard.

egroegart

1/7/13
Thanks but I didn’t need a lecture on the life of a TD or how the factories operate. I am fully aware of all these things. I have read reviews on reviews and researched until the cows came home. You may well be right about her but in reality it’s all conjecture if she doesn’t reply to an email, unfortunately i haven’t quite perfected the art of telepathy and therefore have no way of communicating with her so my comment is completely valid, unbiased and based on a real life experience. If I received zero response to several emails over several months I give up and move on. If you are happy with the service she has provided you then congratulations, I am very happy for you. I on the other hand was obviously not one of the blessed that have the extraordinary satisfaction of her hand picked cherries.
I think the bit about COSC (Contrôle officiel suisse des chronomètres) Standards is complete hogwash. Only 3% of Genuine Swiss watches are COSC certified so there is no way on this side of the cosmos that 100% of her Asian clone movements meet COSC standard.

Every watch I've received from her have been withing cosc specs on time. So don't know what to say there except it's not hogwash. So it's been several months since she responded to an email of yours? I'd say that's hogwash. She was in the hospital and didn't respond for a couple weeks awhile back and has had health problems, but she usually gets back to everyone within a week or so. It wasn't a lecture. Just trying to help out a noobie member who isn't familiar with how things work. If you had read the reviews then you would know how she works. Good luck.

Oakley

The Dogs Bolex
7/6/19
27°59′17″N 86°55′31″E
Every watch I've received from her have been withing cosc specs on time. So don't know what to say there except it's not hogwash. So it's been several months since she responded to an email of yours? I'd say that's hogwash. She was in the hospital and didn't respond for a couple weeks awhile back and has had health problems, but she usually gets back to everyone within a week or so. It wasn't a lecture. Just trying to help out a noobie member who isn't familiar with how things work. If you had read the reviews then you would know how she works. Good luck.

Im not a noobie im a supporting member, perhaps you should consider supporting this wonderful forum that has obviously enriched and enlightened you with so much knowledge.

egroegart

1/7/13
lol. you just joined. I've been here since 2013. Just got back after a hiatus. and have been a supporter for many years. Might want to do some research. It's good for new members to open their ears and take in as much knowledge from elder members. I was not saying other TD's are bad at all. They all have pros and cons. The only way to find out is to use different ones and then go with the one that best fits you. I was just explaining how Lucy works. It is slow and frustrating at times. but well worth it. Once you get to know what to look at and flaws and such you'll get it.

Oakley

The Dogs Bolex
7/6/19
27°59′17″N 86°55′31″E
lol. you just joined. I've been here since 2013. Just got back after a hiatus. and have been a supporter for many years. Might want to do some research. It's good for new members to open their ears and take in as much knowledge from elder members. I was not saying other TD's are bad at all. They all have pros and cons. The only way to find out is to use different ones and then go with the one that best fits you. I was just explaining how Lucy works. It is slow and frustrating at times. but well worth it. Once you get to know what to look at and flaws and such you'll get it.

You are very presumptuous, you presume to know Everything about my knowledge or lack of knowledge of replica watches, TD‘s and illegal Chinese factories, You think because I recently joined this forum I am a noobie. I may be relatively new to this forum but I can assure you the world of replica watches is far from new to me. Has it occurred to you that I may have forgotten more about replica watches than you will ever know? Maybe just maybe I have been a member in another forum for decades. Every member, senior or „noobie“ as you so affectionately put it, is well within their rights to give a review on their experience with a TD. Of course I read the reviews about Lucy, why do you think I wanted to contact her? But like I said I never received a response from several emails sent during August and September.

egroegart

1/7/13
I didn't presume anything. You are a new member. I know nothing about your past experience with reps. I'm here to help. and that's exactly what my post was meant to do. To explain how she works. which may not be to some people's liking. which is fine. Just go with another dealer. Instead of attacking an elder member it might be a good idea to thank them for their help when they spend quite a bit of time writing a thoughtful response. I've never had someone respond like this when trying to be helpful. Good luck anyway. I'm sure you'll make a lot of friends here with that attitude. .

Oakley

The Dogs Bolex
7/6/19
27°59′17″N 86°55′31″E
I didn't presume anything. You are a new member. I know nothing about your past experience with reps. I'm here to help. and that's exactly what my post was meant to do. To explain how she works. which may not be to some people's liking. which is fine. Just go with another dealer. Instead of attacking an elder member it might be a good idea to thank them for their help when they spend quite a bit of time writing a thoughtful response. I've never had someone respond like this when trying to be helpful. Good luck anyway. I'm sure you'll make a lot of friends here with that attitude. .

I did say thanks if you read the first word of my initial reply.

Streetiq

3/11/16
be patient....you have only been waiting 15 days....I have been waiting since 8 August and still not heard anything. Look on the bright side...by the time you get an answer there will be a Noob V18 Submariner available.
Why talk bad on her in public???
If you don't like the service just choose a different TD. There will be left more of the great Lucy for us.... I'm fine with that.

Lucy is my TD for a long time already,
And she is the BEST imo. I traded with 5 different TDs before.
Yes, patience is needed but it is worth it.

At the end of the day, she reply all the emails within 1 week or so and she will never do anyone wrong.

This is a SOLID and well known trader we are talking about here with an amazing reputation. I truly don't think that any noob here has any right to say bad things about her.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Oakley

The Dogs Bolex
7/6/19
27°59′17″N 86°55′31″E
Why talk bad on her in public???
If you don't like the service just choose a different TD. There will be left more of the great Lucy for us.... I'm fine with that.

Lucy is my TD for a long time already,
And she is the BEST imo. I traded with 5 different TDs before.
Yes, patience is needed but it is worth it.

At the end of the day, she reply all the emails within 1 week or so and she will never do anyone wrong.

This is a SOLID and well known trader we are talking about here with an amazing reputation. I truly don't think that any noob here has any right to say bad things about her.

Talking Bad??? I was stating a fact and it may surprise you to know that this is a forum where people can share experiences, good or bad, so whether you like it or not or if it doesn't fit in with your ideals of your favoured TD well thats just a mighty shame. I was sharing my experience, you were the one that put her lack of response into the "Bad" box. And what you think about what a "Noob" has in terms of rights is equally irrelevant. I support this forum just as you do, so have a wonderful day.

Streetiq

3/11/16
Talking Bad??? I was stating a fact and it may surprise you to know that this is a forum where people can share experiences, good or bad, so whether you like it or not or if it doesn't fit in with your ideals of your favoured TD well thats just a mighty shame. I was sharing my experience, you were the one that put her lack of response into the "Bad" box. And what you think about what a "Noob" has in terms of rights is equally irrelevant. I support this forum just as you do, so have a wonderful day.
"by the time you get an answer there will be a Noob V18 Submariner available"

That is not a respectful way to express your opinion and experience on a well known and experienced TD. It is a wrong fact and and it keeps away members from her.

Lucy supplied thousands of reps even before you heard about this forum, so have some respect and appreciate the hard work she does pls.

If you do not like her service find yourself another TD that better fit you and work on creating a relationship with him\her.

Oakley

The Dogs Bolex
7/6/19
27°59′17″N 86°55′31″E
What part of „no reply to emails“ don’t you understand? If my dissatisfaction from a lack of response has an influence on anyone then that’s the way the cookie crumbles im afraid. But didn’t you indicate that the less people that deal with her the better? „There will be left more of the great Lucy for us.... I'm fine with that“
Maybe you should just thank me and go about your business.

Oakley

The Dogs Bolex
7/6/19
27°59′17″N 86°55′31″E
What part of „no reply to emails“ don’t you understand? If my dissatisfaction from a lack of response has an influence on anyone then that’s the way the cookie crumbles im afraid. But didn’t you indicate that the less people that deal with her the better? „There will be left more of the great Lucy for us.... I'm fine with that“
Maybe you should just thank me and go about your business.
Streetiq