• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Paid Lucy last week, no messages since

seane

Horology Curious
12/9/13
Just posting here hoping to get a response. Last week after multiple emails I paid Lucy for a watch, Gmail account posted on the main thread here. I have now not heard back from her since Wednesday. If anyone is trying to buy something through her right now I would hold off as I don’t know where she went.

poinds

17/4/17
Just posting here hoping to get a response. Last week after multiple emails I paid Lucy for a watch, Gmail account posted on the main thread here. I have now not heard back from her since Wednesday. If anyone is trying to buy something through her right now I would hold off as I don’t know where she went.

Be patient with Lucy. I've purchased 10 watches from Lucy and she will "disappear" from time to time. She ALWAYS has delivered for me. Yes it will take 6-10 weeks to get a watch from her but it's worth the wait.

seane

Horology Curious
12/9/13
Seems like I have to be patient at this point. She has my money. Just warning other people, be prepared to wait and fear that your money is gone.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Stop-dog.jpg

truetime168

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
18/5/13
Oh,friend,real sorry for reply you late to let you worried,
I got your watch back 2 days ago already,will show you QC pics asap,within 2 days,
for Dec is coming,shipping in Dec will be very slow,so I want to try my best to finish QC and test for more watches asap,
so I can send them out soon,and let my customers get them before Dec,
so most time of recent weeks,I stayed in the market to deal with QC problems on watches,
back to my house very late on the night,affect my reply emails indeed,my fault,real sorry for didn't reply emails in time to let you worried,
I will find ways to solve it,to make me reply emails better,I know communication is very important in business,I should work better on it,
except reply emails,I really work very hard in the market to deal with QC problems,so hope you can understand me a little also,
I won't cheat my customers,and I never cheat my customers,thank you for your choose and support too.

Best Regards
Lucy

mcnut

Horology Curious
12/2/18
West coast Canada
I have bought several watches from Lucy over the last two years. She finds and delivers beautiful watches. As Lucy writes above, she is very demanding in her quality control. If a watch is not to her satisfaction, she will return it to the factory. This is the very reason I use her as a trusted dealer.

This whole process takes time of course. My experience has been, anywhere from four weeks to three months is normal.

To the original poster: Lucy is a trusted dealer for good reason. Getting a watch from her will take some time but rest assured, you will receive a beautiful watch. And you will definitely NOT loose your money.

Reactions: lambo79 and LT_UTC

sc0ut84

Horology Curious
3/5/16
I've also ordered two watches from Lucy recently (still to receive them), and although the communication is definitely not fast, she does always respond eventually and gives you a clear update.

Don't worry and hang in there, I'm sure Lucy is doing her best to get us all our watches as soon as possible.

Devin423

Horology Curious
29/10/19
I'm frustrated. It has now been more than a week again with no response. We expected this watch to ship out weeks ago... and we're waiting at least a week between every response. This is too long. I think I have to find another dealer next time.

wbl6e

Horology Curious
6/8/19
???? same here Devin... on 9/26, got an email from her, and said she would send me the QC pics within 2 days.. haven’t heard from her in 6 weeks!

cometblade

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/9/15
For the people waiting: sometimes it takes a while for Lucy to respond. Sometimes she gets a watch for you that she feels could be good and she tells you she will send QC pics to you but it turns out the watch does not hold up to her standard, so she switches it at the factory again and has to wait again. This kind of is a miscommunication thing but it's not to annoy you or to run away with your money or something bad for you. Some factories have more QC issues than others. I waited about 9 months or longer for my ZF Big Pilot and Lucy was not completely happy with the one she sent out to me but it was the best she could get after switching it between 12 to 15 times. I had other TDs where I had to fight about switching it only ONCE. I'm really happy about the service she provides even though it sometimes takes patience on my end.

Reactions: lambo79

johnnythefox

Renowned Member
16/10/17
When you buy a rep from Lucy it will take a considerable time compared to other TD's. This is because Lucy is a perfectionist in what she does, she will never send out a watch until she is 101% happy with it. I've used Lucy several times and it usually takes about 8 weeks to get a rep from her, infact I have a Yachtmaster on order which has taken several months now and should be delivered soon. I know that when it arrives it will be more than perfect. Lucy is a trustworthy TD but you have to be patient with her as she's a one person show and she will not let you down.

Federico80

Horology Curious
16/6/19
Quiet, you don't have to worry, it's normal with Lucy, it happened to me too and I was immediately alarmed, but it will answer you for sure, this is a very tough time for Lucy because Christmas is approaching. Wait a few more days and then send another email. don't worry that your money hasn't been lost