• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

unsatisfactory TORO product

Leow96

15/4/15
That is a crap and unfair if you need to cover return postage and the description said GF.
Hope mods get this sorted.

also I have to chipped in USD 70 to get rid of those ANF... #SADCASE

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
The purpose of QC pictures is to verify if it is the right model from the right factory. In the beginning the purpose was not to find silly flaws to reject the watch...

however. This forum is not for checking your QC pictures (which would be truly stopped by the admins if you would have been posting those QCs)

this forum gives you all the information you need to note the differences of a GF version to a lower budget watch. (Someone who thinks that a GF is on sale must be dreaming haha)

so if you blame the forums rules - you are wrong.

This behavior will gives you nothing in life. Not here and not elsewhere so choose your language anytime wisely as it is a reflection of you in every manner, Sir.

Now back again onto the particular case - if you had read the forum rules and if you had informed yourself about reps (especially about the one you bought) you could have been avoiding those silly threads.

And in the end - you got what you paid for (beside the claimed GF title).

Do your reading.

And be patient.

torobravo

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
2/5/10
The returning costs are not $70

The GF version it is $100 more

You shouldn't take off the plastic and wear the watch if you saw it is ¨so cheap and so bad¨ and you were overreacting a lot and lost your manners, however it is good that you apologised, I apologise too for the mistake and want to make it right

I will pay you the ship cost and let you know how to ship it: airmail with tracking number it is not $70

Muni

Renowned Member
9/7/17

You shouldn't take off the plastic and wear the watch if you saw it is ¨so cheap and so bad¨ and you were overreacting a lot and lost your manners, however it is good that you apologised, I apologise too for the mistake and want to make it right

I will pay you the ship cost and let you know how to ship it: airmail with tracking number it is not $70

This is very kind of you to pay for return postage.

Muni

Renowned Member
9/7/17
The purpose of QC pictures is to verify if it is the right model from the right factory. In the beginning the purpose was not to find silly flaws to reject the watch...

however. This forum is not for checking your QC pictures (which would be truly stopped by the admins if you would have been posting those QCs)

this forum gives you all the information you need to note the differences of a GF version to a lower budget watch. (Someone who thinks that a GF is on sale must be dreaming haha)

so if you blame the forums rules - you are wrong.

This behavior will gives you nothing in life. Not here and not elsewhere so choose your language anytime wisely as it is a reflection of you in every manner, Sir.

Now back again onto the particular case - if you had read the forum rules and if you had informed yourself about reps (especially about the one you bought) you could have been avoiding those silly threads.

And in the end - you got what you paid for (beside the claimed GF title).

Do your reading.

And be patient.

I would have to diagree.
If the discription says GF, you should expect GF.
We would not accept this in M2M for instance e.g. JF LN been sold as TC LN. The onus has always be on seller to accurately describe the watch. Moreover, should we be asking for QC of movements of closed case backs? No we accept the TD description of movement in watch.

In this case, there was a simple misunderstanding which TD has in my view offered to correct by offering to pay for return shipping.

Reactions: Leow96

torobravo

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
2/5/10
This is very kind of you to pay for return postage.

I wouldn't say It´s from kindness, I think it is the correct way to solve and close this deal. The OP should edit the title because those are heavy words, but I leave that at his discretion to decide. I need the OP to confirm that the watch is in same conditions as he received it, with no scratches and signs of use. However I still do not understand why he took off the plastics and was wearing it in the bathroom if he didn't had the intention to keep the watch.

Reactions: Raddave

tribal

Renowned Member
27/3/06
Germany
Toro is nice to deal with, I think your language is not acceptable. He claims to sort this out. First step is to find a solution and not call him a Scammer in public! Thats really childish behaviour

Reactions: BruceLee55

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07

I think mistakes are made from both sides and though very understandable, the reaction from the OP was a bit out of order...but the solution is there....But I think when the watch was presented in the QCpics as a GF and a GF was ordered, the buyer should have a GF

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Never had issue with toro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Toro said they would exchange the watch. You are not without fault here. Since when can you buy a GF watch for $200 ? You have been here long enough to know the TD's make cut and paste errors all the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leow96

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
I have been dealing with Toro the last 3 years and I have purchased hundreds of watches with no issues.. he is honest and pretty straightforward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Ralphy and Leow96

Leow96

15/4/15
I have been dealing with Toro the last 3 years and I have purchased hundreds of watches with no issues.. he is honest and pretty straightforward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeap... Definitely a mistake and I truly apologise for those words. However, as stated initially as a GF, hence, a GF shall be delivered.
Now I am willing to add on some $$ for the GF version.
Lesson learn: Penny Wise Pound Foolish!

Reactions: machim

efajri

17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
Oh Geez!
We probably need to have an enormous sign on the front page for noobs stating to contact the TD and/or RWI staff quietly and peacefully; not to trash a good standing TD or any member for a mistake or issue when dealing reps.

BIONONE

28/4/17
Oh Geez!
We probably need to have an enormous sign on the front page for noobs stating to contact the TD and/or RWI staff quietly and peacefully; not to trash a good standing TD or any member for a mistake or issue when dealing reps.

there are so many of this kind these days and it bugs me every time i read a thread title like this... kinda more common than "I'm new here. can you please check my QC's"