Kind of disappointed..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kind of disappointed..

I ordered a custom ammo strap from Tootall a few weeks back and received it about 4 days ago, excited to take it out and try it on. I had ordered from another strapmaker but when I saw the ammo leather Tootall had I decided to order another strap from him as well for another watch. Had this strap arrived by itself it I might have thought it was pretty good but having 2 straps arrive close to each other I can say it was very easy to compare the 2 and here is what I found.

First off the strap by itself and on my watch:

The strap seems roughly made and not a consistent width all the way around. I had to run it through my 22mm buckle a few times to get it to slide properly. I didn't have this problem with my other strap. The end that was supposed to go into the lug was slightly too wide and I had to trim it slightly to even get it to fit on the watch (the bottom side of this picture):

The other major flaw for me is the sewing on the lug ends. The sewing or glue that keeps the 2 layers of strap together stops too short of the springbar and means when trying to install the strap on the watch the bar moves a lot and is difficult to place. This is a lot of gap:

The leather itself is good and has a bit of a texture but the strap is extremely stiff for being a vintage ammo pouch strap. I've never had an ammo strap so I don't know if that's normal. I wore it for 4 days hoping to break it in but it's still stiff and I cannot find it to be comfortable. All in all the strap looks good on the watch in pictures and on the wrist but comparing it to this other strap I ordered, I can feel a large quality difference and I think I'll be letting this one go. Look for it M2M.

I wouldn't be happy with how that fits at the lugs.

Comment

Thank you for the review. I really wish you would have contacted me before posting this and give me a chance to address any issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Arpy, post: 3540270, member: 149830
        I ordered a custom ammo strap from Tootall a few weeks back and received it about 4 days ago, excited to take it out and try it on. I had ordered from another strapmaker but when I saw the ammo leather Tootall had I decided to order another strap from him as well for another watch. Had this strap arrived by itself it I might have thought it was pretty good but having 2 straps arrive close to each other I can say it was very easy to compare the 2 and here is what I found.

First off the strap by itself and on my watch:

The strap seems roughly made and not a consistent width all the way around. I had to run it through my 22mm buckle a few times to get it to slide properly. I didn't have this problem with my other strap. The end that was supposed to go into the lug was slightly too wide and I had to trim it slightly to even get it to fit on the watch (the bottom side of this picture):

The other major flaw for me is the sewing on the lug ends. The sewing or glue that keeps the 2 layers of strap together stops too short of the springbar and means when trying to install the strap on the watch the bar moves a lot and is difficult to place. This is a lot of gap:

The leather itself is good and has a bit of a texture but the strap is extremely stiff for being a vintage ammo pouch strap. I've never had an ammo strap so I don't know if that's normal. I wore it for 4 days hoping to break it in but it's still stiff and I cannot find it to be comfortable. All in all the strap looks good on the watch in pictures and on the wrist but comparing it to this other strap I ordered, I can feel a large quality difference and I think I'll be letting this one go. Look for it M2M.
        Did you contact the maker and see if he would make it right? You say it's a custom, but was this made with your specs? What's the rest of the story here?
        YOU CAN RUN, BUT YOU CANNOT HIDE
        I only let HOW Hot Mods do my builds !

Comment

It does look rough BUT I'd have contacted the maker first ,BEFORE posting here,to give him the chance to try to make it right....just my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Comment

Poorly handled.

[Link] The Truth About our Reps...

Comment

Working...
            X