• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First Order - unhappy to say the least

ZachT

Looking Around
13/9/18
From this seller I ordered the new Pepsi Rolex with jubilee braclet. After much delay (was told the watch was sent to find out that was not the case) I finally received the watch. The watch from the outset seemed ok. Besal super tough to move and the crown didn’t screw on and sit flush. Having owned many watches I wasn’t really set on the quality but I’m a busy professional and couldn’t be bothered sending back the watch. Now two weeks have passed and the clasp has fallen of the watch. My requests for a replacement were refused even though it was faulty from the start. He did offer to fix the issues however, I would have to pay for postage back out of my own pocket.

Super frustrated. Buyer beware.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
From this seller I ordered the new Pepsi Rolex with jubilee braclet. After much delay (was told the watch was sent to find out that was not the case) I finally received the watch. The watch from the outset seemed ok. Besal super tough to move and the crown didn’t screw on and sit flush. Having owned many watches I wasn’t really set on the quality but I’m a busy professional and couldn’t be bothered sending back the watch. Now two weeks have passed and the clasp has fallen of the watch. My requests for a replacement were refused even though it was faulty from the start. He did offer to fix the issues however, I would have to pay for postage back out of my own pocket.

Super frustrated. Buyer beware.

How about some pictures of the crown and clasp? How much was the watch? Depending on your pics, I bet there are many members who will fix that clasp at no charge. Shipping back to China for repairs sucks but that’s very standard in the rep world.

Reactions: mkratchet72

ZachT

Looking Around
13/9/18
Can’t seem to upload the image. File to large

I paid around 520 usd

bobandshawn

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
29/10/13
Florida
Wow. Sorry to hear. Let me see if I understand. You bought an illegal item from halfway around the world and wore it until it broke. Then the seller offered to fix it for you. Shameful. Good thing you joined this forum and made a stink about it in the TD's section as your first post. Welcome. I see you fitting in quite well...

:mad:

oshtosh

Known Member
2/11/16
Wow. Sorry to hear. Let me see if I understand. You bought an illegal item from halfway around the world and wore it until it broke. Then the seller offered to fix it for you. Shameful. Good thing you joined this forum and made a stink about it in the TD's section as your first post. Welcome. I see you fitting in quite well...

:mad:

Honestly, I don't quite get guys like you. This user paid good money for a watch that obviously wasn't what it said on the tin. He has been messed around and misled by the TD. First post or hundredth post, he is open to voice his experience on this open forum - to help other members like yourself. He gave the TD fair chance before posting here. Why don't you find a hobby where people are nasty and unhelpful to each other - and leave this forum to be used by genuinely nice people.

In support of ZachT I have also had issues with this TD, even though I have been super patient with him. I sympathise, though would NOT recommend that you send the watch back. Try and find someone on the forum to help you.

fl0riz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/6/17
Honestly, I don't quite get guys like you. This user paid good money for a watch that obviously wasn't what it said on the tin. He has been messed around and misled by the TD. First post or hundredth post, he is open to voice his experience on this open forum - to help other members like yourself. He gave the TD fair chance before posting here. Why don't you find a hobby where people are nasty and unhelpful to each other - and leave this forum to be used by genuinely nice people.

In support of ZachT I have also had issues with this TD, even though I have been super patient with him. I sympathise, though would NOT recommend that you send the watch back. Try and find someone on the forum to help you.

Agree with you there... Why risk sending the watch back and pay an awful lot of money for shipping? A replacement part should be easy to get and shipped back, withour custom risks.

I have a similar experience with a very expensive Omega DSOTM. Caseback just cracked after a week, completely split in half. The only thing they offered is an investigation after I sent the watch back. How hard can it be, just send a replacement part

Leighd3179

Known Member
13/3/16
United Kingdom
im assuming this was supposed to be a GM Pepsi as at this price it has to be and im surprised if you have been sold it as GM that your having these issues as this is a great quality watch personally dont think its a great copy due to the Bezel color only real other maker is BP and there nowhere near 520 lol

Maksimum210

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/8/18
Bruv, what’s the problem? You can read, right? On EVERY website of TD it says you pay for the shipping back. You didn’t indicate the watch, the TD(although it’s actually good). You didn’t send pics. What feedback did you expect?

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя RWI

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
@OP first off, thanks for taking a reasonable tone in your post...there are others like this that would make you think the TD sucked the blood out of their first and only child.

Secondly, your experience sucks, but let me digress. With the exception of a couple big players, these TDs arent set up like a typical large corporate entity. Were talking small, relatively, low-tech operations. If the TD thought they shipped it to you...well, that may just be an honest mistake due to less-than-adequate order tracking. I had a TD ship 2 of my watches to another continent bc his shipping service mixed up package labels. It took a couple extra weeks, but the TD made it right at their own expense (the recipient of my watches never returned them to the TD).

Third, rep watches from TDs usually come with a limited warranty. That warranty does not cover return shipping. Unfortunately, when you buy a rep, you assume the risk of defect and damage so far as you will be required to return the watch to the TD for repair. The TD may cover repairs and shipping back to you at their expense, but getting that watch to them is on you.

Fourth, a lot of us are very busy professionals. This hobby requires attention. And that is what this is; its a hobby. If you want a rep watch at a rep price, you'll have to devote some extra time and effort. Otherwise, you should buy gen. It's somewhat like buying a car from a private party vs a dealer...theres always a trade off, and theres generally no free lunch. If you really are too busy for this, well then hop on chrono24 or watchuseek and pick up a gen rollie.

Reactions: tkingjr

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
so you share your discomfort with us, you don't show any pics, yet you don't like the replies?....Did you contact the seller about the issues? Did you even read the forumrules?
You are a bysy man but yet you find the time to post here instead of talking to the buyer trying to seek for a solution?

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12

The user paid good money for an illegal item, the user has no recourse, the user was aware it was an illegal item when he purchased, the user doesn't understand how sellers of illegal items operate.

Go buy some coke on the street corner then complain about how much it's been cut.

Reactions: tkingjr

oshtosh

Known Member
2/11/16
The user paid good money for an illegal item, the user has no recourse, the user was aware it was an illegal item when he purchased, the user doesn't understand how sellers of illegal items operate.

Go buy some coke on the street corner then complain about how much it's been cut.

You should get over your guilt about buying counterfeit goods. And possibly also find yourself a new coke dealer....

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
You should get over your guilt about buying counterfeit goods. And possibly also find yourself a new coke dealer....

I have no guilt or qualms about buying fake watches or any of the other illegal items I buy. But unlike you I'm well aware of the fact when the item I'm buying is illegal, then the normal, usual rules of commerce do not apply.