• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

TUTORIAL: Low Quality Images Post-processing

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
I'm really unsure if this is the right place to post that. If it isn't, I apologize in advance and mods feel free to move it up. Anyway here it goes. It pretty much says it all in the tutorial but just a brief explenation - If you took a sucky picture with your phone or old camera, don't erase it, it still has the potential to make people drool over it.

tutorialm.jpg

avenger007

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
21/2/09
Excellent tutorial, Q. I must revisit some of my shots now.

TheLoveOfBotham

28/9/09
Good work Q.

I like stuff like this for Photoshop; clear, no fuss, and showing what can be done with a few minutes work on previously crappy shots. PS is a marvelous tool, and in the right hands can yield some great results.

Thanks for taking the time to put this together. Looks nice too - nice layout.

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
Hey Q, when I grow up, I wanna do a post like that, big applause! and thanks for tutoring

reeder139

14/4/09
Nice watch mate. ;-) and nice work, maybe I'll have a mess around on photoshop and post some pics of what I come up with.

QinetiQ

Banned
6/8/09
Wow thanks for kind words fellas. It really is a no-time job. Once you get used to it, it won't take you more than 3-4 minutes to get a decent looking picture like that.

QinetiQ

Banned
6/8/09
UPDATE: Currently I'm working on few Curve presets that you just import into photoshop and apply then with one click, instead of going through all the steps. That doesn't mean the tutorial will be useless. These will be just a few presets with different settings but using the tutorial above you can achieve 100's of different and interesting results. Stay tuned

pcsam

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
22/3/09
great work mate .......... im a photo-shop virgin ....well I haven't ever used it ............
ill be downloading it to try to improve some of my pics ...........

QinetiQ

Banned
6/8/09
Thanks pcsam. Make sure you post up some results after you're done. I would love to see other people's work!

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Thanks for this help. I'll try it also.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
nice tutor, thanks for the work ...I sticked it

pedecter

6/4/09
Thanks, Q. I finally got a light tent, so now I can attack the software side, so this really helps. Cheers.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Here's my first attempt.
Fakey SMP with Rubber Strap from Narikaa

P2220319b.jpg

P2220319c.jpg

P2220320b.jpg

P2220320c.jpg

QinetiQ

Banned
6/8/09
Nice one q5. You can see how some tweaks here and there with the curves can make a "bad" photo look somewhat better.

nbarker

Known Member
25/4/09
thanks a lot for the post...and for those of you who dont own photoshop. picasa 3 is available free from google and will allow you to do basic editing which includes changing the color temperature as shown..

xoxox q

QinetiQ

Banned
6/8/09
Hi nbarker,

I've personally never used picasa and most photo editing programs can do the trick but I just used photoshop because I had it installed already. Photoshop could be also download for free in it's full version the only catch is that it's only for 30 days but after the 30 days pass you can uninstall it and re-install it again and you get another 30 days