• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Photobucket is asking for money, alternative?

Philph23

30/9/16
Test sending pic from imgur iPhone app
http://i.imgur.com/VTgI96H.jpg

Sent from the RWI mobile app
I have done and it just posts the link and not the direct picture. But I've also been testing my iPhone the Using the desktop version of RWI instead of using tapatalk RWI. The result was I can upload photos straight from my iPhone library which you can't do through tapatalk. Result = no image hosting site needed as long as I stick with desktop version on my iPhone 7.

thumbsarehandy

I'm Pretty Popular
26/4/17
I have done and it just posts the link and not the direct picture. But I've also been testing my iPhone the Using the desktop version of RWI instead of using tapatalk RWI. The result was I can upload photos straight from my iPhone library which you can't do through tapatalk. Result = no image hosting site needed as long as I stick with desktop version on my iPhone 7.

maybe @chronomate would be so kind to give us a few hints, please?

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
Right it's slightly different to on RWG, here are the steps

IMG_9482.png

IMG_9483.png

IMG_9484.png

IMG_9485.png

Here you have to click on the copy icon next to direct website link, and paste the link on the photo icon on the thread as you normally would.

However if you're posting on RWG, then you have to click on "hot link for website" as attached above

IMG_9354.png

Macca666

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/2/16
I switched to imgur a few month back as was getting spammed senseless through photobucket. I just keep my pics private on imgur means no crap comments plus I can still post on the various forums I use.

thumbsarehandy

I'm Pretty Popular
26/4/17
Looks like Imgur has crashed - website just says: 'Server not found'

Using 'Postimage' now: https://postimage.io/
works quite well - as guest or logged in

Ok, imgur is back up again :)

thumbsarehandy

I'm Pretty Popular
26/4/17

OK, here is how I stumbled upon:
Go to imgur iphone app
In your imgur album, tap the pic you want to post
When single pic comes up (5 icons on the bottom, heart on the top) - tap one more time - only one icon is left at the bottom (box with an arrow pointing up) - tap that icon on the bottom
Menu pops up - select copy link (very left side)
Go to RWI - you'll see 4 icons on the top (camera, pic, safety pin, 2 brackets with a line in the middle - click that one (very right side)
If select URL, it will only show the link - therefore, select IMG - then the pic will embed. Paste the copied link in between the two IMG's.
Hope that helps
VTgI96H.jpg

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11

Philph23

30/9/16
Hi guys,

Just got an email from photobucket stating that I HAVE to update to their most expensive plan, 40 bucks a month for photo hosting... Whaaaaat?
If they would have warned or sent a nice email I would have considered, MAYBE.
But they blocked all my embedded pics so my threads are useless... Tossers!

Anyone with a good alternative please?

Yeah Mevand another chap have been experimenting and have discovered that you can upload directly from your library if you have iPhone 7!

Sent from the RWI App

Philph23

30/9/16
this makes no sense to me ????

It's because imgur is a public hosting site so unless you press only me on picture when you upload then everybody on imgur can see it. Abit like Facebook with privacy settings on who can see your photos.

Sent from the RWI App

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
It's because imgur is a public hosting site so unless you press only me on picture when you upload then everybody on imgur can see it. Abit like Facebook with privacy settings on who can see your photos.

Sent from the RWI App

oh ok i got you ,

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
i just drop my pics in my images , and ive never had anyone comment on anything , so i wasnt aware there was a setting

Philph23

30/9/16
Phone app my be different. I only use iPhone app for everything on here.
Speaking of iPhones I've dropped on how to upload from your iPhone 7s photo library direct to RWI on tapatalk or desktop through your iPhone without image hosting.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

d.n.d.

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/3/19
I had to switch to imgur as well, but thanks for the suggestion for https://postimages.org/ as an alternative. I have been looking for another just in case.

Tumblr and Flickr are not either, from what I can tell.