• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Maximum size for pics in the Forum

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I am new here and have quite a little experience with cameras, but not much with taking pictures of little things like watches. Most everything I have done is of my kids in sports (Soccer, hockey etc) I have been experimenting with different techniques and I can see that already after a little tinkering I am getting better. Here is a post that I just made with 9 pics that I think turned out pretty decent. https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/pam-111-v4.348060/page-6#post--3212029 With a little more practice I think I can do better.

My question is more about posting and how things look on the forum. Do you see in my pics pic #7&8 are right next to each other horizontally? I didn't do anything different with those two and all the rest so I am assuming that it is because the combo of the two pics does not exceed some max width that the forum allows. Is that right? btw I did not include a return between any of the pics in the BB code. I am also assuming a return forces the next pic to be below the prior one. Am I onto something or am I on something?

Thanks

loewenzahn

Mythical Poster
16/12/14
Germany
In case that anyone checks this quite old thread for advise ...... limit the width of a pic to maximal 1500 pixel. This way it will be presented full size. If your image is much larger - some phone imgs even 4000 x 3000 pixel - the forum software will reduce them heavily, up to 1/3 of original.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
In case that anyone checks this quite old thread for advise ...... limit the width of a pic to maximal 1500 pixel. This way it will be presented full size. If your image is much larger - some phone imgs even 4000 x 3000 pixel - the forum software will reduce them heavily, up to 1/3 of original.

lol better late than never....
I think eventually I sort of came to this type of conclusion, but thanks for the clarification. Now I know for sure and others will too

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
lol better late than never....
I think eventually I sort of came to this type of conclusion, but thanks for the clarification. Now I know for sure and others will too

The forum have a fixed width for the posting area, any picture larger than this fixed width will be reduced, usually the reduction is done in not a very classy way, it's a simple HTML percentage reduction, so there's a "blurry" effect to it.

The fixed width is responsive, so it'll change depending on the size of the screen of the user.
If you want the best quality, you should always aim for the regular desktop version of the forum, in this case the image will be maximum 1000px wide, you can only rely on automatic rescalling after that, no way around it at the moment here on Vbulletin.

Reactions: YellowFin

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
The forum have a fixed width for the posting area, any picture larger than this fixed width will be reduced, usually the reduction is done in not a very classy way, it's a simple HTML percentage reduction, so there's a "blurry" effect to it.

The fixed width is responsive, so it'll change depending on the size of the screen of the user.
If you want the best quality, you should always aim for the regular desktop version of the forum, in this case the image will be maximum 1000px wide, you can only rely on automatic rescalling after that, no way around it at the moment here on Vbulletin.

Noted...
Thanks Glaude!

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Noted...
Thanks Glaude!

Do not hesitate to tag me on those questions, especially if posted in not so visited area like this one, I know this is a very old question, but for future reference