• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Passport Photos With a Little Style and Flair? Is it Possible?

sea wolf

Horology Curious
13/11/16
Noob here.
Is it possible to shoot passport photos with a little style and flair?

My passport photo was taken with a handheld camera with on camera flash. The photo is OK, but nothing to be proud of.

I was wondering if anyone has any insight of any kind regarding passport photos. Anything would help. I know few of the rules and regulations of passport photos and I don't know how to light the human face. I do, however, own an Inky Dinky light which is supposed to provide a flattering light for faces. I don't know how to use it. I would prefer to use continuous lighting.

I know nothing about human face photography. I have little understanding of the architecture of the human face.

Jeane123

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/4/15
Meh, I think it's just one of those things.... usually the people that see my passport see me after a few legs eight + hour flights so I look like crap anyways at that point cause for the life of me I can't sleep on planes.

sea wolf

Horology Curious
13/11/16
For many people, their passport photos are very important. Women like to show them off to their friends. Kind of like jewelry with a purpose---a bit like a fine watch in fact. Much more important than a drivers licence.

ddubyat

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/10/13
for visa's they even now have you send in multiple versions so "they" can pick which one they prefer based on many factors

Watchesandwinetime

Known Member
11/3/20
Aussieland
Every single one of my passport photos make me look like a convicted chriminal.
The fact I'm from aussieland adds to the irony.

So no, I think they go out of their way to choose the grossest looking photo in my experience!