• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cuba cohiba esplendidos

Matyoka

Renowned Member
5/7/10
Yes 125 euros from Cuba authentic esplendidos...He made a small profit..
They are sold in Greece for 500 euros the box...

Without reading the rest of the replies I will tell you straight out: YOUR FRIEND GOT SCAMMED BIG TIME!!!! I am not saying that they are unsmokeable, after all they are Cuban seed tobacco. I sent some of the guys here a couple just to see what a fake Esplendido tastes like and most were quite impressed. Most faked cigars you can buy in CUBA are the Esplendidos and they are selling for about the price your friend paid. You cannot find the Genuine Cohiba Esplendidos in Cuba for under $480 US dollars. With that said, they are one of the best cigars Cuba produced and Canada sells them for $50-60 per stick!!!!

G30

I'm Pretty Popular
12/1/11
Hey Maty! Long time no read...

Thanks for the right righteous word my brother. The "scammed" part is unfortunate; sadly, it's bound to happen.

$480!!! THAT would substantiate my argument.

PecMan

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/09
that much for 7 inches long!!!! i got a bigger one and i can give it to u for free!
only if u have a sexy ass;)

ElVino

Renowned Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
1/7/11
Some Cubans are definitely worth the money however with all the risks involved of getting fakes, customs(if you order from one of those websites,) how easily some mold due to spores, and the fact that they have the exact same issues any cigar is capable of having such as tight draws and uneven burns I'd much rather go smoke a great tatuaje or an Illusione and save my self all the headache!!

Matyoka

Renowned Member
5/7/10
I agree with pretty much everyone... there is no such thing as "best cigar in the world is from Cuba"!!! I smoked awesome Cuban cigars but also terrible ones. I love Tatuaje but for the same price I can get some great Cubans from Switzerland... Am I in favour of Cubans? Yes, but as a cigar lover I settle for just anything with a good rating.

G30

I'm Pretty Popular
12/1/11
that much for 7 inches long!!!! i got a bigger one and i can give it to u for free!
only if u have a sexy ass;)

A "Churchill" for you then Pecs. ; )

AND... a GREAT ASS!!!

Ephry73

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/11
It's all a matter of personal taste and allure. Yes, clandestine Cuban cigars may definitely do the same as a Ferrari 308 for the smoker as far as bragging goes, but give me a Dominican grown any day.

E

ElVino

Renowned Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
1/7/11
Couldn't agree more. I feel more than anything the allure of a "Cuban" is more than half the experience in most cases. Especially to those who don't know how to appreciate a good stick. However with that being said there are a couple of habanos that I really do think are wonderful but personally I would be more than happy with the diverse selection I have here in the U.S. especially when it comes to affordability!

Matyoka

Renowned Member
5/7/10
I know they are because my cousins aunts and uncles work on the tobacco plantations for cohiba. Hopefully my family will go this year and while we are bringing them clothes and stuff we can get a few and I can share with a few interested people here.

I had to come back to this posting... it's one of the best I've come across :rofl: !!! And I have seen a lot in my years...