• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

You guys know any rock stars?

wiscrna

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/10
I do. :)

My friend Nick, aka G30, just sent me a care package out of the blue. He must have seen that my humidor is getting low, post-holiday. Unsolicited, this patron saint of pointy things sent me a 5-pack of smokeable treats, to wit:

A Virtue Man O' War, a Fonseca, a Gurkha Beauty, a La Herencia Cubana, and an RP Edge Lite Toro!

Can't wait to try some new smokes from around the world.

Nick, thank you so much, and I'll post reviews for everyone as I smoke them.

G30 rocks! :maty:

Will

BADWIN BING

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/10
No surprise here. G30 is the man!

Come to think of it.....so are you Will. :)

Enjoy the smokes buddy. :maty:

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
I know and am friends with

Jonny Nitzinger
Rex Brown
Vince Abbott
Bugs Henderson

and Darrell Abbott
Dime001.jpg

Dime003.jpg

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
I'm not sure how G30 sending you cigars prompted a "know any rock stars" thread, but no. I don't.
I used to sing duets with Jessica Simpson quite often, and both Simpson girls have spent time in my home quite often.
But no. No rock stars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mr_3kgt

Looking Around
15/1/12
Yeah my mate Abdul from Dubai. He lives such a rockstar lifestyle he'd make some of these real rockstars look soft.

shandroid

13/9/10
Simon Oscroft from midnight youth, but that's about as close as I get....

Know plenty of people that THINK they are, and a few others that live like it, but no bona-fide rocktstars, per se'...

trandy16

I'm Pretty Popular
24/1/08
Really would like to hear some stories, Guy was a genius!

My best friend's sister was Jimi's girlfriend....well...one of them anyway...I suppose she was the "east coast" girlfriend.

Stevie (my friend) and myself traveled with the band for two weeks....rode around from gig to gig in a U-Haul truck with the road crew...not really too glamorous but instructive all the same.

Jimi was actually pretty normal....not at all like you might think...he like scrambled eggs for breakfast which usually occurred after 1 p.m.....I never saw him partake in anything stronger than some weed and hash....no needles...no pills.

He used to carry his "stash" in a small Chase and Sanborn coffee can....it was ground so fine you could only smoke it in a pipe....he used a small white opium pipe...there was no way you could roll it.

After the gig there was always a party of sorts in one of the hotel rooms. I would like to report that there was bizzarre debauchery going on....but they were pretty tame affairs actually....lots of grass and hash....lots of people treating him like a God....which he hated....lots of people bugging him about all sorts of things.

In the end I believe all of the attention freaked him out...I think he just wanted to play his guitar and be left alone.

phoband

7/9/06
Good friends w one of the biggest rock stars from Peru - ever
Good friend of mine dated maralyn manson in high school. - he was totally normal.
I know lots of people in the buiz. But I know more of hugely influential political figures.

But, I am officially in a new band. We are going to need your help to "vote" by downloading a song so we qualify for hard rock's competition for a slot on hard rock calling in UK.

Band is the real deal. You can check it out http://www.reverbnation.com/artist/song_details/11737458

Check out breaking down - this isn't the battle yet. I have to make sure I got the rules covered.

And, that's not me on the song. But my style is similar.

Full promotion push by next week. Reviewing the marketing plan this week.

Much more fun than being a lawyer :) too bad I have as good a chance to make a living doing this as I do win the lottery. But, this is the only thing i have never pushed to the next level. Put career first. Career over :) time to rock out.
For now, run local election campaigns for $$ rock for fun. And eat sparingly :)

By the way, hi guys who I haven't met. FYI, I've been around for awhile. In fact :) I'm celebrating 4000 posts on RWG :)

Peace

P4GTR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/07
My best friend's sister was Jimi's girlfriend....well...one of them anyway...I suppose she was the "east coast" girlfriend.

Stevie (my friend) and myself traveled with the band for two weeks....rode around from gig to gig in a U-Haul truck with the road crew...not really too glamorous but instructive all the same.

Jimi was actually pretty normal....not at all like you might think...he like scrambled eggs for breakfast which usually occurred after 1 p.m.....I never saw him partake in anything stronger than some weed and hash....no needles...no pills.

He used to carry his "stash" in a small Chase and Sanborn coffee can....it was ground so fine you could only smoke it in a pipe....he used a small white opium pipe...there was no way you could roll it.

After the gig there was always a party of sorts in one of the hotel rooms. I would like to report that there was bizzarre debauchery going on....but they were pretty tame affairs actually....lots of grass and hash....lots of people treating him like a God....which he hated....lots of people bugging him about all sorts of things.

In the end I believe all of the attention freaked him out...I think he just wanted to play his guitar and be left alone.

:band:

G30

I'm Pretty Popular
12/1/11
Will, ain't no thang', just sharing with my Brother of The Leaf and thank you Paul and ZoSo for that acknowledgement as well.

I'm not sure how G30 sending you cigars prompted a "know any rock stars" thread, but no. I don't.
I used to sing duets with Jessica Simpson quite often, and both Simpson girls have spent time in my home quite often.
But no. No rock stars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the "rock star" bit was rhetorical and this IS the "Cigar Lounge", so... :whistle:

Sheeesh... Even :ZoSo:, who is CERTIFIABLY a rock star, got that. ;)

And, at least SOMEONE was smokin' something in this thread. :lol:

StarsBoysfan

Horology Curious
3/1/12

Jimi has always been my favorite. Thanks for taking a minute to share your "experience" (pun intended!) with the man!

and to the OP, Congrats on the sweet smokes from G30!!

BADWIN BING

30/4/10

Holy shit trandy. That is an amazing story.

Thanks for sharing. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

P4GTR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/07
Holy shit trandy. That is an amazing story.

Thanks for sharing. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
I know right? There's rock stars, and then there's the greatest rock star ever.

I want to know more. Almost PM'd but holding off!