• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Daily (Cigar) Report. What did you Smoke Last Night?

Bobcat12345

11/10/15
jm6HwK.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: SRower003

timmywatch

Renowned Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
4/11/16
Yep, it is tar. Has nothing to do with how you cut your cigar. Disgusting and due to badly processed/curated tobacco leaves (happens more and more often with Cubans… with all other ‘defects’, plugged, tunnelling, exposing wrappers, burned rubber taste, etc)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Man i can’t even begin to tell you how annoyed I am at this point. All the last cuban cigars I smoked had this. First a Romeo y julieta I always liked and never had a problem with, then even the new box of Cohibas - all of them. After that I met with an old school friend of mine and had a rather not expensive Quintero - performed great, and tasted aswell. Guess what, the next one I had was bad again.

Any way to get around that?

Can’t remember having to deal with that yucky shit 3 years ago.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Man i can’t even begin to tell you how annoyed I am at this point. All the last cuban cigars I smoked had this. First a Romeo y julieta I always liked and never had a problem with, then even the new box of Cohibas - all of them. After that I met with an old school friend of mine and had a rather not expensive Quintero - performed great, and tasted aswell. Guess what, the next one I had was bad again.

Any way to get around that?

Can’t remember having to deal with that yucky shit 3 years ago.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Only way around it is to source ‘older’ boxes of Cuban. Anything pre 2014 is better (still not as good as pre 2000) but prices are going through the roof (which proves my point)

Another possibility is to explore non Cubans. There are a lot of fantastic cigars out there but not easy to source as most have been design to be sold in America. But there as some gems (El
Septimo, Kolumbus, Cigar Culture, KS cigars, Foundation cigars, etc).

Drop me an DM is you want to discuss further

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk