• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Daily (Cigar) Report. What did you Smoke Last Night?

Matyoka

Renowned Member
5/7/10
This is what I had yesterday afternoon, while also Skypeing with Dustin :). Its a nicely aged and humidified Cohiba Siglo VI(top and longer one).

dsc00768dv4.jpg

I have to say, it was a spectacular smoke... Nough said!!!

Matyoka

Renowned Member
5/7/10
They are the Gold Medal Cervantes from 2007. For a shiny cigar, they are just average... unfortunately.

ILOVEREPS

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/9/10
Stupid and probably inappropriate question : I cant get to London until march and im running out of my supply of CC's i brought back from Brazil. is there a consistent way for me to get real CC's my mail or is this an act in futility? Did i mention that im 27 and broke and could probably stand to buy my cigars by the stick. any comments or PM's would be helpful.

Thanks, keep it sleazy!

Matyoka

Renowned Member
5/7/10
you got $100 bucks for a sampler? You will get probably 15 sticks for that...

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
vjjfq.jpg

Took this pic beside "a new friend" for scale.

Hoya de Monterey petit robusto

Forgot about this box in the back of the humidor. I think they were in the high 80s in cigar aficcionado fresh. I would put them lower than that fresh myself. I picked up this box on my last trip to Cuba and after a year in the humidor they have turned into something pretty special. Classic Cuban flavor. Not much in complexity along the way due to there short size but a very nice treat. I'm glad I found them! Low 90s now.

Matyoka

Renowned Member
5/7/10
Just arrived from Great Falls, where nothing sensational happened. I was in no mood for a smoke, so I will smoke the Cohiba Siglo VI tonight. Here some starting pics of my travel caddy, and as you see it came back full:

imgp4450.jpg

imgp4451s.jpg

imgp4453.jpg

imgp4454h.jpg

imgp4455.jpg

dustin

Renowned Member
7/6/10
Very nice photos Maty

Here are some bad cell phone shots of my weekend smokes....

Friday night (BAAAAD Cell phone photo... sorry)

imag0180n.jpg

Casa Magna Colorado. This was voted cigar of the year in 2008. Matyoka smoked this cigar forward to me (THANKS!). I enjoyed this smoke with a perrier and read a book on my porch in 68 degree evening weather. Despite the bad picture, the construction of this cigar was very nice, with a dark oily wrapper and medium veins.

The pre draw was grassy, with a slight hint of fruit. The first puff was an explosion of flavors. Cocoa, pepper, cedar, and spice. However, shortly after that the flavor died down a bit. It became very earthy, with fruit and carmel flavor for the first, and middle thirds. The fruit flavor was hard to place, but to me it tasted almost like the cigar had sat next to some dried tropical fruit for awhile. I didn't particularly care for that flavor (a little too sweet for me), but I could see how it could be enjoyable to the right person. This flavor didn't change much until the final third, when the cigar started to get a little bit peppery and had a moderate flavor of coffee or espresso.

The burn, throughout the stick, was perfect. Slow and smooth, with a straight burn line throughout. I've read that some people have had burn issues with this cigar, but I didn't.

The smoke, medium, with a lot of flavor.

Overall, a very enjoyable smoke with a very nice burn. The fruitiness wasn't particularly to my liking, but it wasn't bad. The first puff of the cigar was amazing, and the last third was very good.

SATURDAY

Fuente Fuente Opus X Robusto (while my friend enjoyed a La Flor de Cano)

imag0187g.jpg

What can I say. This smoke was very nice. Medium bodied throughout, with a slight spiciness, hints of black pepper, and cedar. The smoke was smooth and pretty mellow overall. As I neared the end of the cigar, the smoke slowly developed more body and spice. It lacked some of the complexity that I would expect from a cigar in its price range, but was a very good smoke. There were absolutely no burn issues.

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
Dustin, that La Flor looks horrible! That has some serious viens. I hope your friend enjoyed it. :)

dustin

Renowned Member
7/6/10
It actually smoked nice and smooth from what he said... definitely veins in the wrapper... but they are an inexpensive cigar

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Matyoka

Renowned Member
5/7/10
The Flor de Canos are not known for their perfect construction, but their very low price and mild taste. I still love them... it's like the ugly child(they need love too).

Matyoka

Renowned Member
5/7/10
Wow, we need to revive the cigar section. Smoked an H. Upmann Magnum 46 a couple of nights ago. It was a full flavored cigar and enjoyed it to the fullest. It was the first cigar in 2 months... Cigar source none else but our Distinguished Esquire, Sir. Dustin

mag46.jpg

Matyoka

Renowned Member
5/7/10
Being that I was the only guest in Whitefish Ski Resort's Pine Lodge Hotel, enjoyed a Cohiba Siglo VI in the hot tub in my underware. The cigar tasted great and the dark tea I was drinking with it, brough out some great aroma. Snow started falling and the whole experience was just heavenly!!!

Later that night, local Channel 5 News broadcasted: New Pine Lodge owner gave the hot tub a well deserved test drive... we all wonder if he knows that the lodge is hunted???

LOL... not really.

dustin

Renowned Member
7/6/10
I had a Siglo VI the other day and it was good, but not quite smooth enough yet. The rest of them will get another 3 months in the humi before I have another.

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
I'm desperately jealous of you guys smoking Siglo VI's. I wish I could afford them.

Matyoka

Renowned Member
5/7/10
Rob,

They are not that expensive and you could join in on any of our future box splits. I believe the Siglo VI came out to be less than $8/stick.

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
You know what, I was having a brain fart last night...must have been thinking of the Behikes. At 8 a stick for the VI's I'm definitely in for the group buy, just waiting on my tax return!