• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What lighters do you use

Dubdout

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/7/19
It all depends on what you are using it for. Cigars require butane lighters. If your using it for cigarettes and etc.. then any lighter will do. I have a Gen St.dupont which I use more for a conversation piece when I’m out for a smoke night. My everyday lighter is an 8 year old siglo lighter. It’s held up through a lot over the years but still works every time.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
It all depends on what you are using it for. Cigars require butane lighters. If your using it for cigarettes and etc.. then any lighter will do. I have a Gen St.dupont which I use more for a conversation piece when I’m out for a smoke night. My everyday lighter is an 8 year old siglo lighter. It’s held up through a lot over the years but still works every time.

I only smoke cigars and I live in London so I do require jet flame ahaha

Reactions: c_hall100

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Interesting. I might indeed be lucky with mine. But mine was made in France... Having moved prod to China wasn’t the best move by the new owners... the Xtreme are the biggest joke ever, such a crap lighter but hey margin is king!

I to have a made in France Gen Dupont, beat up like hell but still working fine.
But my vice-president in my cigar club own a tobacco shop and lets say that he's not a fond of any Dupont lighter because they are the one that keep coming back and back and the manufacturer is such a joke at after sale services

Agreed with you on the Xtend series and everything else with jet flame from them, they are saved by the quality of some of their other products.

May I ask where did you get your DuPont rep? Might have a go at one

AliExpress, sending you the link via PM

It all depends on what you are using it for. Cigars require butane lighters. If your using it for cigarettes and etc.. then any lighter will do

As long as you are not using a fuel based lighter, anything is fine for cigars, even the cheap BIC lighters, but other lighters are certainly more fun and convenient to use. And as you said, depending on the weather too.

Reactions: c_hall100

bibby1

Known Member
2/3/15
United states
I to have a made in France Gen Dupont, beat up like hell but still working fine.
But my vice-president in my cigar club own a tobacco shop and lets say that he's not a fond of any Dupont lighter because they are the one that keep coming back and back and the manufacturer is such a joke at after sale services

Agreed with you on the Xtend series and everything else with jet flame from them, they are saved by the quality of some of their other products.

AliExpress, sending you the link via PM

As long as you are not using a fuel based lighter, anything is fine for cigars, even the cheap BIC lighters, but other lighters are certainly more fun and convenient to use. And as you said, depending on the weather too.

Would you send me the link as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
5a47bfa4d5d7795b5e265ddd66e2f717.jpg

New ‘DuPont’ just arrived. I m impressed by the quality for 40$

c_hall100

El Presidente
Gold Patron
Certified
14/2/20
UK
5a47bfa4d5d7795b5e265ddd66e2f717.jpg

New ‘DuPont’ just arrived. I m impressed by the quality for 40$

That’s lovely and just the sort of thing I’m after, I have a vintage solid gold one that my father gave me but I’m petrified to take it out the house in case somebody nicks it

If you don’t mind where did you get it ?

Sent from my iPhone 11 using Tapatalk

asia72

19/10/16
EU

COHIBA Lighter 4 Torch Jet Flame with Punch Smoking Tool

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
I’ve had a DuPont and sold it, trying to quit smoking these days again :D

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
6228847a1bf9541a180ff25cef100c94.jpg

So fed up with the poor quality of lighters, I had some made ahahah

imtheonewhoknox

Watch Geek
26/1/22
43dc6a718a083cd7ffcaadd63dcba1fa.jpg

My current favorite is the Alec Bradley burner

The great thing about multitasking is that several things can go wrong at once

diecast_

26/9/15
Australia
Do jet lighters make a big difference when smoking cigars? I know it makes it easier to char and light - but are there any other added benefits over a standard lighter (or even of a box of matches - ignoring the other practicalities)?

jg3456

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
31/7/12
Denver, CO
The DuPont “ping” has been repeatedly scientifically proven (6 continents, no less) to be directly correlated with rapid panty saturation

timmywatch

Renowned Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
4/11/16
Do jet lighters make a big difference when smoking cigars? I know it makes it easier to char and light - but are there any other added benefits over a standard lighter (or even of a box of matches - ignoring the other practicalities)?

Nah it’s just for flair and convenience.
As long as u use odorless premium gas it makes not difference in terms of taste. Matches have a unique taste obv. the first view puffs after lighting. Just use sulfur free ones.

Mainly just personal preference at the end of the day.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Reactions: diecast_

Aquanautilus

Renowned Member
23/9/16

If the burn down is crooked, it's way easier to correct it.

Reactions: diecast_

Pballer

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
7/7/17
Jetliner 4 burner is my go to!