• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Do electronic cigarettes help people quit smoking?

rickhagar

Looking Around
22/4/15
HI,i am smoker,can i know the electronic cigarettes will help peopel quit smoking?

Nikoteen

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/12
In my opinion yes definitely...however depends on your way of thinking...like any addiction...you have got to want to stop.
Having said that...i started smoking e-cigs about 8 or 9 months ago...have not had any tobacco since.
I know many others that have stopped smoking the weed and turned to electronic....millions of people can't be wrong.
I was chatting to someone the other day and he said he was a 50 a day smoker for 25 years....now smokes an e-cig and said he never thought it possible....there you go.
Of course everyone may have different opinions on it.

logistic

1/12/14
Helps me for sure but if i run out of juice i can be lazy and buy cigarettes lol.

Please dont buy the crap at gas stations besides they dont taste good and dont have alot of nicotine levels to choose from their also more expensive in the long run.

If you have a local e-cigg store go their and tell them you smoke and want to quit they will help you out with choosing options that should work best for you and most e-cigg stores have samples of all their flavors well were im at they do.

Ephry73

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/11
As a 30 year smoker (have been buying my own packs since age 12) I see more e-cigs all over the place. Being outside of that box I have observed that people who use the e-cigs hit them more than actual cigarettes. The lack of limitation I think makes it easier to puff more which in turn gets you more addicted.
I have gone from one pack a day to just four and a cigar every other day all in my own. With the baby and working in server rooms it's harder to smoke. The illusion that an e-cig is better than smoking, or even considered not smoking is just a bit much. You're basically changing Peter for Paul. That said, I just like my coffee with the real thing. The smell of tobacco and the flavor. Organic native cigarettes are expensive, but I rather smoke the real thing and not get more crazy chemicals in my system. Heck, there's even synthetic marihuana now. [emoji15]

logistic

1/12/14
As a 30 year smoker (have been buying my own packs since age 12) I see more e-cigs all over the place. Being outside of that box I have observed that people who use the e-cigs hit them more than actual cigarettes. The lack of limitation I think makes it easier to puff more which in turn gets you more addicted.
I have gone from one pack a day to just four and a cigar every other day all in my own. With the baby and working in server rooms it's harder to smoke. The illusion that an e-cig is better than smoking, or even considered not smoking is just a bit much. You're basically changing Peter for Paul. That said, I just like my coffee with the real thing. The smell of tobacco and the flavor. Organic native cigarettes are expensive, but I rather smoke the real thing and not get more crazy chemicals in my system. Heck, there's even synthetic marihuana now. [emoji15]

Yea i agree if you want to use it to cut down i smoking you should try to use it when you have cravings only so many people just sit their puffing it constantly all that does is make you more addicted. I always try to challenge myself with lower and lower nicotine levels too. And even though people say its better than smoking i keep the mind set that its just as bad or worse for you. Theirs not enough research to say its better for you anyways.

jahlive

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/6/13
Hi,

Ive been smoking e cig for the last few months. I think it helps me to stop my smoking habits. Try to buy liquid with high nicotine, e.g 12 mg. The smoking sensation kind of different with cigarettes. There are some news saying that smoking e cigs is healthier than smoking cigarettes but other news show different opinions. Hope this helps.

Thanks

Ephry73

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/11
One thing I have been since my military school days is add saliva to the afternoon cig filter. This is a trick a drill sergeant gave me and I honestly think it works. You can see the tar trapped in there. This helps lower the level you get. Sort of like self dosing.

tchockie

Renowned Member
2/5/14
I'm in healthcare, and this is a hot topic. A lot of patients ask if they should use e-cigs. The official stance of the FDA and American Medical Assoc is that e-cigs are un-tested, un-proven, and probably harmful from unknown chemical exposure to the lungs. Obviously, its early, and no long term data on safety is available. Is it dangerous long-term? Is really bad for you? I don't know.

What I do know is that my dad used e-cigs to quit smoking after 40 years of smoking a pack a day. Nothing else worked: patch, gum, medication, acupuncture, etc. So I truly believe that when used correctly, it can be powerful tool to help people. I hope if any of your are habitual smokers, I hope you can quit, one way or another!