• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome Cigar noobs!!!!

panac

Renowned Member
19/5/11
So far I have had a couple of romeo and Juliet's and a couple of others
IMG_20130812_201147_198_zps8c762e96.jpg

joelcont

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/10/12
Honestly, smoke everything and you'll slowly get a sense of what you like. Don't be worried if you can't pick out flavors for a while it takes time and focus.

I'm in this stage now, bought some
Bolívar petit coronas
Monte Cristo N. 2
New to cigar world, trying to distract my mind from watches, almost left me broke.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

panac

Renowned Member
19/5/11
Hehe u know the feeling jorlcont, I need something new, some new hobby some distraction from this obsession

JasonGSD

Known Member
6/6/13
The ones you should try to get your feet wet are.

RASS
Juan lopez #2
Psd4
Trinidad Reyes
Monte #2
Cohiba siglo iv

petergunny

Trusted Dealer
9/6/08
Hi guys, this is interesting topics for me as I started to enter cigar world.

I was a occasional smoker when I'm in college, sometime smoke sometime not.
Abt few months back I tried cigar, then I really fell in love. The first cigar I tried is Cohiba, some sellers told me its one of the best.

But sometime I got a little problem when I smoke cigar, not always, but sometime... Sometime I will feel heavy nausea after abt 30 min smoking, my upper stomach is like a cramp, forcing me to go vomit.

What actually cause that guys? anybody had experiencing this problem? or maybe I did wrong way to smoke?

JasonGSD

Known Member
6/6/13
Harsh strong cigars will do that. Camachos used to kill me. Just find the right blend and stick to it.

cnwh

27/10/13
Just discovered this sub-forum!

Noob cigar smoker here wanting to pick up this cool hobby! Just ordered some Epicure No.2, Monte No 3 & 4 from this website: https://lacasadelhabano-knokke.be/index.php/en/?option=com_virtuemart . Anyone had any past experience with this online shop ? Have been smoking Monte petit tubos and romeo No.1 & 2 from duty free purchased from airports.

I have no idea how much custom is going to cost for import to Singapore but will see whether is it viable to save some bucks from purchasing online. Cigar prices locally is just absurd.

timeonmyside

22/3/14
Im a noob cigar smoker myself. Friend has a wife from Cuba and they just bought some property there. Any recommendations on asking him for a cigar?

I personally dont like strong cigars. My favorite, and only one I really like is a non cuban Monte Cristo. Forget the number. I thnk it was a yellow or gold paper ring and it was mild. Most notably to me it was very creamy and buttery. Never found a cigar like it since. Would definitely like to find more like this!

blue7red3

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/2/14
Hi guys, this is interesting topics for me as I started to enter cigar world.

I was a occasional smoker when I'm in college, sometime smoke sometime not.
Abt few months back I tried cigar, then I really fell in love. The first cigar I tried is Cohiba, some sellers told me its one of the best.

But sometime I got a little problem when I smoke cigar, not always, but sometime... Sometime I will feel heavy nausea after abt 30 min smoking, my upper stomach is like a cramp, forcing me to go vomit.

What actually cause that guys? anybody had experiencing this problem? or maybe I did wrong way to smoke?
Ha, I'm the same way. Havent had a cigar in years because of this.

nexterag

Renowned Member
6/1/14
Thanks buddy! I am excited to smoke on some quality cigars.
I am also excited to learn more about this hobby so I quit wasting money on these god awful cigars I've smoked (and I am not talking about swisher sweets and phillies). I just get so overwhelmed when I walk into one of many cigar shops/lounges around town, and of course everyone there has their opinion on whats good and not good. I can see it being like beer/wine, one person might like the way something tastes the other does not.

Thanks again!!

Everyone has an opinion, what's important is that you find yours. Like others have stated within the thread, Smoke everything that becomes recommended in some sort of form and make your own mind up!

Then you can get to a stage of cherry picking for your own collection! Haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk