• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

So, who else is a Le Tour tragic?

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
49 weeks of the year the only time I care about guys in Lycra is if I need to prise them out of my front wheel wells but for three weeks I'm glued to the TV six hours a day watching a sport I ignore the rest of the year. Why? A few reasons, one would be the scenery, it's not just a bike race it's a visual feast for a non European. Then there is the fact that its the ultimate sporting event, these guys are the ultimate athletes. My God, 4000km on a fecking pushie, think of it.

OK a of it is the scenery but the sheer endurance of these guys is undeniably impressive, name me athletes their equal I dare you. One year I will fly to the UK, buy a cheap camper van and hop across the ditch to follow the tour and hopefully catch up with a lot of good friends I've never met at the same time. I'll be dropping down to Spain afterwards or JohnG will have me shot b:D

Who else faithfully follows Le Tour and how many have little interest in cycling outside of it's ultimate event?

lesdon499

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/7/19
I have followed the 3 grand tours for more years than I care to remember - probably over 40!
I love the sport and even in the darker years there was plenty of excitement.
This years Tour was fantastic and I thought Alaphilippe did really well but his team could not compete with the might of Ineos.
Get ready for La Vuelta :)

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Dynaduck

Sales moderator
Advisor
6/4/11
Follow the Giro, the Tour and La Vuelta ever year. But then I’m addicted to cycling and confess to being one of those guys in Lycra... :D

alfonzo

25/7/19
I could not agree more with you trailboss. I love the Le Tour and watch it every year and have sine I was a boy. I also try and catch the Critérium du Dauphiné leading up to the tour so I can see if my guys are in good form for the race. I was very disappointed that Cav was not invited with the team because Cav and Sagan just make the race for me. Was a good one this year and I really thought the Frenchman had a shot at claiming it. Maybe next year...

Last edited: