• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What's In Your Bag?

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
This should be fun. Post up your pic and try to keep the same format as mine so we can compare each others weapons of choice.

clubs.jpg

Driver Taylor Made Tour Burner - 9.5* Shaft-Diamana Blue Board S 63g
Woods Nike SQ 4 17* Shaft-ProForce V2 S 76g
Hybrids SnakeEyes Viper Tour #2 18* & #4 24* Shaft-ProForce V2 S 72g
Irons Nike Blades #5-PW Shaft-Speedstep S
Wedges Nike Forged 52* & 58*
Putter Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 34"
Ball Bridgestone Tour B330-S

Description: I only have 13 clubs in my bag! It is how I like it and I am playing my best golf ever. All of my clubs are MOI matched and
the shafts are spined. Most players use a 3 and 5-wood. I ditched both and consolidated to a 4-wood. No guessing what to use for my
2nd shots on par 5's anymore. I can turn it over and hit as far as my old 3-wood or open it up and hit it high like my old 5-wood.
Instead of using a 52*,56* and 60* wedge combination, I put a 58* in, and took out the 56* & 60*.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
Description: I only have 13 clubs in my bag! It is how I like it and I am playing my best golf ever. All of my clubs are MOI matched and
the shafts are spined. Most players use a 3 and 5-wood. I ditched both and consolidated to a 4-wood. No guessing what to use for my
2nd shots on par 5's anymore. I can turn it over and hit as far as my old 3-wood or open it up and hit it high like my old 5-wood.
Instead of using a 52*,56* and 60* wedge combination, I put a 58* in, and took out the 56* & 60*.

Well, you can play Golf. I have made the decision to quit Golf if I do not improve this year. No chance for me to hit the ball on a PAR 5 with the second shot on the green.

acharria

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/10/09
MMM Btw is any watch inside your Clubs??? Please check!!!

tflgee

1/9/09
My sticks are nearly as old as me (jk). I have an old set of Founders irons (I was on staff years ago) love em so it's hard to change, 1, 3-PW. My driver is a Callaway 460X 8.5 loft (which is still too much, my old GBB was a 7.5). I think I will throw a new shaft in the driver and see if I can't get the ball down. Got a Mizuno 4 wood. Two Cleveland wedges and an old Ping Zing 5 putter rounds out the bag. I'm not a big fan of changing, once I find something I like I tend to keep it for a decade. It's actually about time to replace my irons since the grooves are getting a bit worn. I really should dump the 1 iron too. Since I f'd my back up last year I can't hit it for beans now. Actually since I f'd by back up I can't hit much of anything.

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
My driver is a Callaway 460X 8.5 loft (which is still too much, my old GBB was a 7.5). I think I will throw a new shaft in the driver and see if I can't get the ball down.

WTF? Trouble keeping an 8 down! That would be an interesting swing plane! :) I really come down into my drives aswell but it usually results in a fade or a draw depending on the follow.

My bag... Cleveland MOIster driver & 3 wood. Cleveland CG15 wedges. Odyssey 3-ball. AND an early 80's set of 2-P LYNKS blades...... and yes. I do USE and LOVE my 2 iron! I have spent literally thousands of dollars on irons over the years and always seem to go back to my lynks. tflgee I know how you feel about staying with something you like.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Big Bang 9 degree driver
Clone 3-5-7 wood
Hogan Apex irons
50 yr old Hogan sand wedge
Hogan Pitching wedge
Cleveland 56 degree wedge
White Hot putter
Sun Mountain bag
Footjoy glove
Titleist Pro V 1 balls
Footjoy shoes
Fruit of the Loom underwear

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
GolfSmith Tour Model 4 Irons on Carbon Stick Graphites. Full cord grips.
Calaway Bigger Birtha 8.5, Yeah, I know, Probably need to upgrade.
John Daily 3,5,7 Fairway woods.
Golfsmith 3 ball mallet putter

Flask with Blackberry Brandy or Butterscotch Schnapps depending on the season. :)
Nature Valley Bar
Snoopy Fishing Rod with Yellow Spinner Bait. :)

romaleo

Known Member
11/5/09
Taylor Made Burner Tour 9.5 driver
Orlimar 13 degree 3W
Ping G5 Hybrids 16 & 22 degrees
Ping I3 Oversize Irons
Clevleland CG 55 SW

all that and I am still a 20 handicap.

tflgee

1/9/09
WTF? Trouble keeping an 8 down! That would be an interesting swing plane! :) I really come down into my drives aswell but it usually results in a fade or a draw depending on the follow.

I can hit my 8.5 degree off the fairway if the lie is decent. I don't come down on it at all. It's just a little high so I usually get zero roll.

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
Taylor Made R540XD 10.5 degree graphite
Cobra 18 degree Baffler steel
Cobra M Speed 7 wood graphite
Odyssey White Hot 35" putter
Titleist Vokey 260.12 wedge 60 degree chrome
Titleist DTR SW-4, Golf Pride Tour Wrap grips
Titleist carry bag

clubs2010.jpg

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
I can hit my 8.5 degree off the fairway if the lie is decent. I don't come down on it at all. It's just a little high so I usually get zero roll.

:):):) must post video!!! :):):)

dingleberry

19/11/09
As you can tell, I am old school to some degree....but they work ;)
Current handicap = 5

Driver
Titleist 905T 9.5 degree with Aldila NV 65 S shaft
Woods Adams Ovation 3 wood and 5 wood
Hybrids Ben Hogan CFT 4 hybrid
Irons Titleist 935.cm custom fit 4iron-PW, dynamic gold light shaft 1/4" short w/ golf pride full chord grips
Wedges Titleist Vokey Spin milled 56 SW, Titleist Vokey 52 wedge
Putter 1997 Scotty Cameron Teryllium newport
Ball Pro V1x

Celt

Renowned Member
12/4/10
I've been contaminated by a virus called "golf" 6 months ago and in my Taylormade bag I have:

TaylorMade burner wood (n°5)
TalorMade SW 56 degree loft
TaylorMade burner irons (N°5-PW)
TaylorMade Rossa Daytona putter

Callaway Guiness ball

RD

Horology Curious
18/4/09
I am going retro this year, at least my driver and 3 wood. Yes, when I mean retro I mean going back to real wood. I will be gaming a MacGregor Tourney M43T Driver (made in 1950) and a MacGregor Tommy Armour 945TW 3-wood (1953 model). The 3-wood was my gamer from 1991 through 1998. I just picked up this driver.

I had been gaming a Titleist 983K and Titleist PT-15 3-wood. The reason for going back to the M43T driver is that I only hit driver maybe 1 or 2 holes per round. I am not a smash the ball as far down the fairway player some people are. I play tee shots so that they will end up at a yardage that is my strength. This means that driver is not usually the best option from the tees I play from.

The other thing is that a titanium driver has made my swing sloppy. To hit a great drive with persimmon means that my swing has to be mechanically sound. I can get away with all sorts of swing faults because of the forgiveness of modern metal headed woods. I was going to play my first round this year this week but will have to wait until next week due to miserable weather.

Here are a couple of pictures of my driver.

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/9936/m43tfacewithpaint.jpg

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/2057/m43tcrown.jpg

The rest of the set is a basic setup:

Irons: Mizuno MP-32 (3 - PW)
GW: Mizuno MP Raw 52 degree (bent to 53 degrees)
LW: Callaway Vintage Forged 58 degree
Putter: TP Mills Heritage 34", ~350g, BestGrip Stitchback Leather

All irons have Gripmaster Leather wrapped grip

PHicks

Renowned Member
29/8/08
I indulged myself at the end of last season and bought a set of Miura blade's.
If you haven't heard of them don't worry; most people haven't. Player's that like blades generally rate Miura as one of the best iron manufacturers in the world. Of course if you don't make good contact they are probably the worst clubs ever made!

Miura.jpg

RD

Horology Curious
18/4/09
Miura irons are definitely some of the best irons a person can get. They are so good that many of the major manufacturers (Titleist, Taylor Made, Mizuno, and others) have contracted Miura to create the irons played by the PGA touring professionals, including Tiger Woods. Do people actually believe Titleist forged his irons? No, they were forged and made by Miura and stamped Titleist per contract.

Those are very nice irons!

I indulged myself at the end of last season and bought a set of Miura blade's.
If you haven't heard of them don't worry; most people haven't. Player's that like blades generally rate Miura as one of the best iron manufacturers in the world. Of course if you don't make good contact they are probably the worst clubs ever made!

Miura.jpg

PHicks

Renowned Member
29/8/08
Thanks RD, you are quite correct. Miura doesn't endorse any players, neither do they cut any special deals (they are not cheap). Players choose Miura because of how they feel and respond. Quite an unusual concept in today's world of corporate marketing. Are they better than a good cavity back cast iron? Probably not for us lesser mortals but the sensation of hitting a really clean shot is so good that you just have to come back for more.

Miura irons are definitely some of the best irons a person can get. They are so good that many of the major manufacturers (Titleist, Taylor Made, Mizuno, and others) have contracted Miura to create the irons played by the PGA touring professionals, including Tiger Woods. Do people actually believe Titleist forged his irons? No, they were forged and made by Miura and stamped Titleist per contract.

Those are very nice irons!

tomhorn

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/8/08
I currently play the following:

Driver: Cleveland Hi-Bore (original) 10.5 degree loft
Hibrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heaven Wood 23 degree loft
2 iron: Ping Zing (original) black dot
Irons: Callaway X-18 3-PW
Sand Wedge: Titleist DCI (original) 56 degree loft
Putter: Ping Answer 2
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B330-RXS

350z

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/10/09
driver: taylor r9 9.5 set to nu
hybrid: taylor 4 cgbmax
fairway: taylor 3 cgbmax
irons: taylor 2008 cgbmax graphite extra stiff 3-9 sw aw pw (1 inch long 2degrees upright)
putter: nike ?? 7 year old
ball: nike ignite or taylor penta recently