• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RWI Golf League. Check in here fellow golfers!

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Well here it is Ladies and Gents, the official RWI Golf League thread. Talk about golf, post some pictures, complain about your game and anything else golf.

watcher13

Known Member
7/6/08
R2D4 said:
Well here it is Ladies and Gents, the official RWI Golf League thread. Talk about golf, post some pictures, complain about your game and anything else golf.
OK R2...But I must warn everyone in advance. I'm a multi-sport athelete (Bo Jackson??) and my typical golf and bowling scores are around 104!! :lol: :lol: Sooo, anyone want to play a round with me and my Buddies?
ThreeStoogesGolf5B15D.jpg

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
I will start by complaining about not playing since December. It's April 14th, the snow is gone and many courses are beginning to open here on the tundra. Maybe this weekend. :D
@ Watcher, it's all good as long as you don't hit me with the ball or club. Also I like to play a fast round. :wink:

watcher13

Known Member
7/6/08
R2D4 said:
I will start by complaining about not playing since December. It's April 14th, the snow is gone and many courses are beginning to open here on the tundra. Maybe this weekend. Talk about
, You can play using the lift-clean-replace rule til at least mid July or so...Right?? :roll:

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
watcher13 said:
R2D4 said:
I will start by complaining about not playing since December. It's April 14th, the snow is gone and many courses are beginning to open here on the tundra. Maybe this weekend. Talk about
, You can play using the lift-clean-replace rule til at least mid July or so...Right?? :roll:

Lift-Clean and leave no evidence.
charmin-bears.jpg

higgy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
17/3/06
, You can play using the lift-clean-replace rule til at least mid July or so...Right?? :roll:[/quote]

Hell I played modified winter rules all year round!!!!! :D

Higgy 8)

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
hey do you guys mind if I play through :lol:

The last place I expected a golf league was on a rep forum...but it's about time. :D

Ok here is a photo I just took. It is from my grandma's set of clubs. It's a niblick ( 9 iron) with a hickory shaft. The bag is pretty worn out but the clubs are all there and original.

NiblickPam113Medium.jpg

Here is the golf viewing room...You guys are invited over to watch the U.S. Open :D

golfroomMedium.jpg

my other golfing buddies...
3StoogesgolfphotoMedium.jpg

FORE!!!!

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
@midasmook, that is a very short round, just 5700 yards.

I think this needs to be a sticky post or we may even have to create a new section for it. RWI Golf section lol

I have played now 4 days in a row, the fairways are in great condition, the rough is getting higher, you do not find the balls anymore and the greens are terrible, they just got done about a week ago. Played around 90 as an average, I hope it will get better soon.

Maybe one day we could have a GTG on a Golf course, that would be great!

Anyhow, let's keep this threat alive as R2 said!

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
guru said:
I think this needs to be a sticky post or we may even have to create a new section for it. RWI Golf section lol

Maybe one day we could have a GTG on a Golf course, that would be great!

Anyhow, let's keep this threat alive as R2 said!

It is stickied Guru. :D I am jealous of your frequency. :D

D

d4m.test

Ah Golf... I have gone from playing every day while in high school and college to playing maybe 3-4 times a year now. Considering I live in Southern California where it is entirely possible to comfortably golf year round that is pretty sad.

My very greatest golf story ever occurred in 1998. I was living in Coto De Caza, CA and at time playing about 2x per week. At that time Coto was one of the premier private courses in Southern California and during this week it was going to be the location of the NFL Superbowl Pro-Am tournament.
I was at the course on a fairly wet and windy Monday morning January 19th, 1998. The tournament people were not scheduled to come in until Wednesday, but the course was in pristine shape.

I went to the club house around 11am and asked if anyone else was planning to go out and they said no and that I could go out alone if I wanted. I said I would play on the practice greens for awhile and see if anyone else wanted to go out. After about 30 minutes I was called to the clubhouse and told to get over to the 1st tee for a surprise. (I knew the guys in the clubhouse pretty well and expected a threesome of cougars to be waiting for me).

As I round the turn and went down to the first tee I found someone whom I had admired my entire golf life... Mr. Payne Stewart was standing at the first tee with one of his buddies. They had arrived a few days early and he was giving one of his local buddies a little on course instruction. I damn near fell over... I probably bobbled my words, sounded like a blithering idiot and made a fool of myself, but he didnt care. He was SO personable... He was one of the nicest pro golfers I have ever met.

That day I played better than I had played in years (at one point in college I was a 2 handicap golfer) and at this time was around at 10. I shot either a 73 or 74 (I would have to find the signed score card in my photo albums) to be sure.

At one point I was in a LONG fairway bunker with about a 250 yard shot to the green and he saw me jumping in with a 7 iron. He stopped me, grabbed a sack of golf balls out of his bag and threw them in to the bunker. He spent the next 20 minutes teaching me how to use a fairway wood out of the bunker... I will NEVER forget that... I sucked at it, he was incredible at it and I dont think I ever again tried to use a fairway wood out of a bunker.

Less than 2 years later Mr. Payne Stewart was killed in a small plane crash (he was piloting)...
Damn I miss watching golf and seeing him run around with his NFL inspired knickers!

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
R2D4 said:
I am jealous of your frequency. :D

Don't worry, the next 3 days I have to work, but then I play on Saturday with the team and on Sunday with the wife. Easter in Germany is always a long weekend with 4 days off, something like
labor day weekend or thanks giving!

Golf is even more adictive to me then collecting reps!

midasmook

I'm Pretty Popular
7/8/08
guru said:
@midasmook, that is a very short round, just 5700 yards.

It's actually 6,109 par 70 sss 69 I know it's not long but a golf course doesn't have to be long to be tough.

pophott

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/3/09
I am in. I played 100 rounds last year and then hit with Melanoma and had several surgeries keeping me from golf for last seven months. I have two more non cancer cuts in next four weeks. Then I hope to get out again. I think I mentioned I live in a golf community in New Jersey.
Tilley hat,40 lotion, no shorts only long trousers and ready to go!!!

king_o

Known Member
17/11/07
Great thread............................

I started playing again recently after a 2 1/2 year break. Last time out was two weeks ago and shot gross 86 (68 net). Hopefully out this Thursday again....................... :)

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
The morning started off cold/cloudy/breezy but finished at a moderate 65 degrees with full sun. I lost all the winter gear on the turn. For my first round of the year I shot a 97. This isn't too bad for me considering I played a course that should been named OAK FREAKING-ALLEY. http://www.bellwoodoaksgolf.com/ In and out of the trees. My only highlights are a drained 18foot putt from the third cut of the fringe and 2 really nice drives to help me par 2 of the 4 par 5's. Stopped on the way home at an establishment know as SteinHaus for our free pitcher of Paulaner's Munchen and popcorn. Next round hopefully will be Saturday.

Maxlove

29/6/08
Played on Saturday with my 12 year old son at Lomas Santa Fe Exec in San Diego. I had a hole in one with the Marshall in attendance and witnessed by my playing partners. it was the 94 yard uphill 10th hole with a wedge.. Did I mention that it was the first time I have been able to play in almost a year because of all these surgeries. What a thrill to be with my son and do that.. and Yes!!! I know it was just a lucky shot, I was just hoping to land it on the green. But tons of fun anyhow!

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Maxlove said:
Played on Saturday with my 12 year old son at Lomas Santa Fe Exec in San Diego. I had a hole in one with the Marshall in attendance and witnessed by my playing partners. it was the 94 yard uphill 10th hole with a wedge.. Did I mention that it was the first time I have been able to play in almost a year because of all these surgeries. What a thrill to be with my son and do that.. and Yes!!! I know it was just a lucky shot, I was just hoping to land it on the green. But tons of fun anyhow!

Congrats! Welcome to the Hole-In-One club! My entry goes way back to 1990. Having your son there with you is better than any golf shot, that's really cool.