• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

counterfeit golf gear in US

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
I watched this the other night, interesting the robot swing results....
I am almost 100% certain my adams lob wedge is a fake...but it doesn't bother me

chris3007

Mythical Poster
24/8/13
Very interesting video. Thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gmg_3

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/14
Interesting. I saw a dateline special on false clubs a few years ago. They said they were so good you would have to be on the PGA. The list videos here did seem to have the theme your golf game would suffer.

I think if you play less than 10 times a year you could never tell. If you play everything weekend would be a different story... The quoted 15 yards difference would never been noticed in my game. ;)

ppedri

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/6/12
I think you could absolutely tell if you are even a semi regular player.

joncoyle

14/8/15
I've been using Titleist 714 AP2's for 18 months and decided to take a punt on a set of replica 716's.
Used them about 15 times now and can see no negative difference at all, getting a few extra yards and great stopping on the greens.
Also got set of Vokey SM6's to replace my genuine SM5's, again, amazing clubs and I can't tell any difference so i'm happy.

My most recent purchase is a Scotty C Newport Select 2 blade putter. Looks 1:1 as i've compared with a gen, and it feels great, If all counterfeit clubs are as good as these i'd never pay full price again.

I've since got the irons for my dad and 2 friends, all of whom are more than happy and have sold there previous sets.

clintH

Horology Curious
6/12/16
I've been using Titleist 714 AP2's for 18 months and decided to take a punt on a set of replica 716's.
Used them about 15 times now and can see no negative difference at all, getting a few extra yards and great stopping on the greens.
Also got set of Vokey SM6's to replace my genuine SM5's, again, amazing clubs and I can't tell any difference so i'm happy.

My most recent purchase is a Scotty C Newport Select 2 blade putter. Looks 1:1 as i've compared with a gen, and it feels great, If all counterfeit clubs are as good as these i'd never pay full price again.

I've since got the irons for my dad and 2 friends, all of whom are more than happy and have sold there previous sets.

I'm an avid golfer and been wondering about the difference. Just like the watches I want the high quality reps. Do you have any sites or forums you'd recommend? I'm trying to determine if it's worth the trouble. I'm in conus.

Thanks

Clint

Sent from the RWI mobile app