• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bet nobody has played this course?

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
Let me fist start by saying I am not a golfer but could appreciate this course. Every year I get invited for lunch at one of the most prestigious (private) golf courses in the west or the country for that matter. The course is called San Francisco Golf Club and it's just beautiful, high atop the hills over looking San Francisco. Cameras are not allowed but I had to sneak a pic. Not a great shot because I did it quickly but here you go!

mike 8

Legendary Member
13/8/11
Yep, that's a golf course.
Looks like Bethpage.
I don't play golf, but my wife does.

Sam1977

I'm Pretty Popular
17/6/13
Wow, very nice. Why are cameras not allowed?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Its a beautiful course and I bet Q has played it. I've played Harding Park, Presidio and Olympic but not that one. You'll have to take up the game.

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
Wow, very nice. Why are cameras not allowed?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Its a very traditional mentality and they dont belive in cell phones or cameras. If they see you with a cell phone they will kindly ask you to leave. Also there are no carts so you have to walk the course with a caddy.

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
Its a beautiful course and I bet Q has played it. I've played Harding Park, Presidio and Olympic but not that one. You'll have to take up the game.

Im not sure...unless he knows one of the 250 members....Its an elite club!

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Im not sure...unless he knows one of the 250 members....Its an elite club!

Are you considering a membership?
happy-029.gif

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
Are you considering a membership?
happy-029.gif

Hahaha...I wish! I was there with my boss who is a member and has been for over 50 years. The yearly green fees are more than i make. lol I was told you cant even buy your way into the club and that you need to be voted in but only after a memeber leaves or passes.

Doright

Renowned Member
3/8/13
I've played it. Great old course. True, no carts and they don't even have yardage markers. I played with a friend and a caddie. I've heard membership is more prestigious than Augusta.

Sent from my DROID

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Is it better than

Pebble Beach
Trump National Palos Verdes
Torrey Pines

I get the exclusivity , but California has some amazing courses. You should play Maderas with me one day.

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
I've had a chance to play @ Pebble and the San Francisco Golf Club but declined because it's not my thing. I live on Menifee Lakes Country Club (golf course) and have never played. I thought about taking some lessons and playing since I pay the dues. It's no Pebble Beach. Lol

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Uh , no offense bro , but Menifee lakes is a cow pasture. Take me up on my offer. I have a membership at Maderas and I'll pick up the green fees. One thing I've learned about a lot of these courses that are "eexclusive"is that they are dying. Stoneridge in Poway is a perfect example. Get your clubs ready.

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
I appreciate the offer bud but I don't even play in my cow pasture. Lol. I can drive the cart and drink your corona's though. That's the only thing good about my course is I can get hammered and walk home. Lmao

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
You can get hammered at my course. To the tune of $39 @ six pack. Lol. I'm no pro. I enjoy a day out on the greens .

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
You can get hammered at my course. To the tune of $39 @ six pack. Lol. I'm no pro. I enjoy a day out on the greens .
If I get hammered at your course, I either have to sleep between you and the wife or you have to take me back to
my trailer and tuck me in. Lol

Doright

Renowned Member
3/8/13
Is it better than

Pebble Beach
Trump National Palos Verdes
Torrey Pines

I get the exclusivity , but California has some amazing courses. You should play Maderas with me one day.

SF club is not in the same league as Pebble or Torrey (south) IMO. I've never played Trump PV so can't compare to that. I'd probably take Pacific Dunes at Bandon over any of them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
Nice Jeff. 250 members. I wonder what the fees are. That's really cool though.

Sent from 1:1 app mad with a gen Tapatalk as sample.

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
With all of this golf talk the wife and I went to Menifee Lakes Country Club for brunch. Beemer I even grabbed a card for golf lessons. Just maybe! Lol