• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Who Collects Bourbon?

mumum

Renowned Member
18/1/07
I have been a bourbon drinker for years...use to be single malt but now I prefer bourbon. Collecting a very small amount as I like to drink and share with buddies.

Reactions: DocHolliday

Lexx22

Known Member
20/5/18
East Coast
I have quite a few bottles from Blanton's, Colonel E.H. Taylor, Elijah Craig, Old Weller, etc... My 20yr Pappy just went dry. I went to Kentucky last October for the Bourbon trail and that was a blast. Love this stuff and I've learned the most expensive isn't the best.

DocHolliday

Huckleberry Sales Mod
Advisor
11/2/15
I have quite a few bottles from Blanton's, Colonel E.H. Taylor, Elijah Craig, Old Weller, etc... My 20yr Pappy just went dry. I went to Kentucky last October for the Bourbon trail and that was a blast. Love this stuff and I've learned the most expensive isn't the best.

Very true on the price point. I can't find Colonel E.H. Taylor up here in Michigan to save my life. I just came across some Elmer T. Lee that made me pretty happy.

Lexx22

Known Member
20/5/18
East Coast
Very true on the price point. I can't find Colonel E.H. Taylor up here in Michigan to save my life. I just came across some Elmer T. Lee that made me pretty happy.

I can find Elmer but not all of the time. I can't even find a bottle of Blantons anymore. Have you tried Cream of Kentucky? It's from the distiller that left Four Roses and it's really good.

ReGGaM

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/2/19
MD, USA
I love bourbon, and you can say I collect it too, a little over 40 bottles in my collection, almost all of them open. My favorites from my collection so far are Old Weller Antique 107, Elijah Craig Barrel Proof, and Old Fitzgerald BiB.

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
Very special ..
th
… and my go to after work..
th

MB-PAM

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/6/17
I love my bourbon! Heading to Makers Mark this week for my fifth tour!

DocHolliday

Huckleberry Sales Mod
Advisor
11/2/15
I can find Elmer but not all of the time. I can't even find a bottle of Blantons anymore. Have you tried Cream of Kentucky? It's from the distiller that left Four Roses and it's really good.

I would if I could find it. It's impossible up here in Michigan. I just went to Minnesota, and what was sitting there in the Target Liquor store? Colonel E.H. Taylor which I can't find here at all. Every bottle they had went home with me.

Lexx22

Known Member
20/5/18
East Coast
I would if I could find it. It's impossible up here in Michigan. I just went to Minnesota, and what was sitting there in the Target Liquor store? Colonel E.H. Taylor which I can't find here at all. Every bottle they had went home with me.
I got my bottle of Taylor around Christmas now it's impossible. Still looking for another bottle of Old Weller Antique 107 but that's a hard find. And now they have bottle restrictions for a lot of the popular ones at 1 bottle per.
b9bb611774517182ebeb0571e116511b.jpg
a9f9cd0bfe2c6cace032d8f7742cbb3e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: patrickseacoast

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
Guys, what's a good mid-range Bourbon to try? Something around $50 - $80 USD.

DocHolliday

Huckleberry Sales Mod
Advisor
11/2/15
Guys, what's a good mid-range Bourbon to try? Something around $50 - $80 USD.

Depends where you live. Is you're looking for some great bourbon that's mid range then grab a bottle of Eagle Rare. It exceeds lots of bourbons in the hundreds of dollar range. If been drinking a lot of Four Roses single barrel lately. I've been hooked on it! If you can find Colonel H. Taylor, or Blanton's then pick up as many as you can and call me :)

Last edited:
Reactions: patrickseacoast

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
Depends where you live. Is you're looking for some great bourbon that's mid range then grab a bottle of Eagle Rare. It exceeds lots of bourbons in the hundreds of dollar range. If been drinking a lot of Four Roses single barrel lately. I've been hooked on it! If you can find Colonel H. Taylor, or Blanton's then pick up as many as you can and call me :)

I'll be grabbing a bottle on Friday as a tester:

https://www.lcbo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/en/lcbo/blantons-original-bourbon-255349

atldml

Known Member
10/5/15
I'm a fan of Angel's Envy. Sadly, a rarity here in Australia.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk