• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Who Collects Bourbon?

DocHolliday

Huckleberry Sales Mod
Advisor
11/2/15
NE Texas. Tyler/Longview area

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ya I could see the east side being a lil tougher to get some of the hard stuff. When I lived in Dallas I could get Wellers at any time basically. Now that I'm in Grand Rapids, MI its a struggle to find anything. I can find Blantons about once a year on a certain time of day at a big store around here. I can get Eagle Rare anytime. But E.H. Taylor. and things around there... Hell no. I was in Minneapolis back for the final four in 2019 and I walked into Targets Liquor store(sounds weird in Texas) and theres a whole row of E.H. Taylor, and Four Roses Single Barrel just sitting there. My wife thought I was crazy when I stocked up. I'm glad we drove. :)

watchoself

3/6/20
UK
Rum here but my bourbon aged rum bottles from foursquare are the perfect choice for all parties

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

divemax

2/7/14
Texas, USA
Ya I could see the east side being a lil tougher to get some of the hard stuff. When I lived in Dallas I could get Wellers at any time basically. Now that I'm in Grand Rapids, MI its a struggle to find anything. I can find Blantons about once a year on a certain time of day at a big store around here. I can get Eagle Rare anytime. But E.H. Taylor. and things around there... Hell no. I was in Minneapolis back for the final four in 2019 and I walked into Targets Liquor store(sounds weird in Texas) and theres a whole row of E.H. Taylor, and Four Roses Single Barrel just sitting there. My wife thought I was crazy when I stocked up. I'm glad we drove. :)

Wow, I really don’t understand the priority of distribution around the country. It’s not as if there is low demand here.

I’ll be in Galveston next week and they have a very large Specs Liquor store. I called and the associate I spoke to made it sound like they have Blantons but basically reserve it for people with a lot of rewards points. I’m going to try and sway the store manager if I can! If not, I’ll stock up on some other hard to find bottles.

DocHolliday

Huckleberry Sales Mod
Advisor
11/2/15
Wow, I really don’t understand the priority of distribution around the country. It’s not as if there is low demand here.

I’ll be in Galveston next week and they have a very large Specs Liquor store. I called and the associate I spoke to made it sound like they have Blantons but basically reserve it for people with a lot of rewards points. I’m going to try and sway the store manager if I can! If not, I’ll stock up on some other hard to find bottles.

Good luck buddy. I love Galveston! We used to go there for the 4th of July every year! Eat at Gaido's if you get the opportunity!!! Good luck with your hunt!

divemax

2/7/14
Texas, USA
Well, my trip to Galveston has been good so far! The manager of Specs was kind enough to sell me a bottle of Blantons. It is not on the shelf and he said he wouldn’t normally sell it to anyone without a lot of rewards points, but I guess I just asked in a really nice way! Also picked up a couple of other hard to find bottles.

cb5aeeedf07a06f5d182f33258a0fd82.jpg

tlabowski01

Known Member
Supporter
4/9/19
I don’t collect but I appreciate and drink bourbon! Current bourbon on my bar cart is Corner Creek 10 yr. one of my favorites for sure.

I’m actually watching “Neat: The Story of Bourbon” on Hulu right now as I sip my nightcap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: patrickseacoast

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
I’ve never heard of heavens door but I noticed it’s 50% so I’ll definitely be keeping an eye out next time I’m down south.

Reactions: tommy_boy

GarySul

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/4/17
Huge bourbon collector here, I’m starting to move back to scotch because of the allocations/ artificial demand. Who knew buffalo trace would pull a Rolex and sell all products over MSRP to a select few.

patrickseacoast

Renowned Member
12/12/14
Charleston SC
Huge bourbon collector here, I’m starting to move back to scotch because of the allocations/ artificial demand. Who knew buffalo trace would pull a Rolex and sell all products over MSRP to a select few.

It’s sickening. Had my local source abc store ask me for $80 for Eagle Rare that I’ve purchased from total wine for $30 previously.... (in 2020 no less.)

patrickseacoast

Renowned Member
12/12/14
Charleston SC
Well, my trip to Galveston has been good so far! The manager of Specs was kind enough to sell me a bottle of Blantons. It is not on the shelf and he said he wouldn’t normally sell it to anyone without a lot of rewards points, but I guess I just asked in a really nice way! Also picked up a couple of other hard to find bottles.

What you accomplished in your trip is disgustingly amazing. What did the Blantons go for if I may ask for scientific purposes? I paid retail for a same sized May 2020 run and they hit me for $139. For a $69.99 MSRP bottle.

divemax

2/7/14
Texas, USA
What you accomplished in your trip is disgustingly amazing. What did the Blantons go for if I may ask for scientific purposes? I paid retail for a same sized May 2020 run and they hit me for $139. For a $69.99 MSRP bottle.

I paid retail price for the Blantons. As far as I can tell, Specs doesn’t jack up their prices like some others. Yes, it was a wildly successful trip!!! I can’t even find Buffalo Trace locally.

nwhite21

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/7/20

Blantons is the way to go my friend ☝️

Sent from the RWI App