• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Who Collects Bourbon?

shr3y

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/8/14
I mean can RWI get any better. Watches and now Bourbon. Great post here. As if I haven’t spent enough on watches here - I’m now keen to give some of the bottles posted here a try.
I go between Bourbons and Whisky.
Used to have all the variations of Jack (gentleman, silver select etc ) Woodford now my go to. Also love whisky too though - have a McAllen black rare cask and one of my favourites is signet by glenmorangie. Will be on the lookout for some Blanton’s now.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: patrickseacoast

GearGuy2014

Looking Around
27/2/20
You're in the right state for sure buddy. Four Roses Single Barrel is one of my favorites.

I am a big fan of FR Small batch and their regular blend but I finally got a Single Barrel and that has a bit of "fire" compared to the rest! Still a big fan of FR Small Batch as a good occasional drinker.

I got a bottle of Blantons for my birthday last year but just havent opened it yet, my parents got a bottle as well as we enjoyed some of that.

moopsy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/6/19
Depends where you live. Is you're looking for some great bourbon that's mid range then grab a bottle of Eagle Rare. It exceeds lots of bourbons in the hundreds of dollar range. If been drinking a lot of Four Roses single barrel lately. I've been hooked on it! If you can find Colonel H. Taylor, or Blanton's then pick up as many as you can and call me :)

I’m late to the party on this thread, but I’d second Doc’s suggestion of Eagle Rare. Tremendous bang for your buck and a very underrated bourbon in comparison to the higher priced ones. I probably prefer it to Blanton’s. I’d also recommend Whistle Pig (and their many variations) as a mid priced good option!

Guys, what's a good mid-range Bourbon to try? Something around $50 - $80 USD.

One of the least expensive on the shelf and one that far exceeds many more expensive bourbons in quality is Evan Williams Straight Kentucky Bourbon at 46% ABV. Try it you won't be sorry. Like many who enjoy a fine bourbon I have a variety on hand but Evan Williams is often my go to bourbon.

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
One of the least expensive on the shelf and one that far exceeds many more expensive bourbons in quality is Evan Williams Straight Kentucky Bourbon at 46% ABV. Try it you won't be sorry. Like many who enjoy a fine bourbon I have a variety on hand but Evan Williams is often my go to bourbon.

Thanks for the suggestion! I absolutely love Blantons after the recommendation here, so I don't think I'll go wrong with another :)

atldml

Known Member
10/5/15
Eagle Rare and Heaven Hill sitting on my bar now. I'm usually stuck with whatever I can find at duty free (limited selection at my local bottle shop in Oz), but came across those online. Also have a barrel aged vodka called Starka by a micro-distiller in St Louis called Cardinal Sin. It's lighter than a typical bourbon but still very good. Check em out!

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
Buy it when you can find it!

Evan Williams is abundantly available in Canada. Blantons is a bit harder to buy, but when it shows up its about 10 bottles per store here in Ontario (LCBO is the Government run retailer who sells all alcohol).

patrickseacoast

Renowned Member
12/12/14
Charleston SC
Eagle Rare and Heaven Hill sitting on my bar now. I'm usually stuck with whatever I can find at duty free (limited selection at my local bottle shop in Oz), but came across those online. Also have a barrel aged vodka called Starka by a micro-distiller in St Louis called Cardinal Sin. It's lighter than a typical bourbon but still very good. Check em out!

Eagle rare 10yo is retailed for under $30 here in SC (when you can find it) and is fantastic. Much better than Buffalo Trace imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atldml

Known Member
10/5/15
Eagle rare 10yo is retailed for under $30 here in SC (when you can find it) and is fantastic. Much better than Buffalo Trace imo

It's about $55-60USD for 700ml here, depending on the FX rate (which is rapidly falling out of our favor!)

DocHolliday

Huckleberry Sales Mod
Advisor
11/2/15
I just opened up my Elmer T. Lee after a long close out month last night. I have to say. I was not impressed.

patrickseacoast

Renowned Member
12/12/14
Charleston SC
120ccd55e42d809848bb62c457dde5d4.jpg

9b277ef1ec63b00aabdc51db15d2871d.jpg

This’ll kill Coronavirus. Or Modelo. Or Dos Equis and all others.

patrickseacoast

Renowned Member
12/12/14
Charleston SC
Love the stave! I visited the distillery and bought one.......but couldn't get it back home since Europe doesn't allow untreated American oak in its borders :( I have the bottle stoppers though

You and I would be great friends as neighbors bro. Thanks for the reply pal.

Reactions: Error_889

divemax

2/7/14
Texas, USA
Drinker, not collector. I usually keep my liquor cabinet pretty full. Really like Blantons but is hard to find around here. Enjoy Makers, Evan Williams Single barrel, Eagle Rare, Four Roses, Buffalo Trace, Woodford Reserve, and others.

divemax

2/7/14
Texas, USA
I don’t know why, but none of the liquor stores around here can get Blantons. I’m traveling next week and will see if I can find a bottle elsewhere.

Also, forgot to mention how much I like Bookers. I think it is a very underrated bourbon. It is rarely mentioned on people’s list of favorites and I don’t know why. It has a wonderful flavor profile.

DocHolliday

Huckleberry Sales Mod
Advisor
11/2/15
I don’t know why, but none of the liquor stores around here can get Blantons. I’m traveling next week and will see if I can find a bottle elsewhere.

Also, forgot to mention how much I like Bookers. I think it is a very underrated bourbon. It is rarely mentioned on people’s list of favorites and I don’t know why. It has a wonderful flavor profile.

Where are you in Texas/