• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best gluten free beers?

$moke

Horology Curious
14/10/17
Hello RWI,

This is my first post ever in this section and it's going to be about gluten free beers. So, my mother likes to drink a beer every now and then, but recently found out she is gluten intolerant. Sadly there is gluten in almost every beer. Realising how many things there is gluten in was a real bummer to her and she's tried to find things she like. She found this one beer that was decent, but honestly it tastes like water. Therefor I'm looking to buy a whole bunch of diffrent gluten free beers for her and thought that this section of the forum could help me out! :) The beer that tastes like water is called Neumarkter Lammsbräu (German beer)

Thanks in advanced to everyone! :)

D

d4m.test

Sprecher Brewing Co. Shakparo Ale
Made with sorghum and millet. Pretty tasty. Refreshing cidery flavor.
Thank you! Will defiantly buy that for her- also gonna leave her review!

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
I do not know where you are located...

There are which I know:
Brewery: malt'n'more - Beer up
Brewery: Die Weisse - Bio Glutenfree
Brewery: Brauhaus Gusswerk - bio

D

d4m.test

I do not know where you are located...

There are which I know:
Brewery: malt'n'more - Beer up
Brewery: Die Weisse - Bio Glutenfree
Brewery: Brauhaus Gusswerk - bio

I'm located in Skandinavien, but currently in Berlin :) I'm gonna try to buy every single beer, you guys post- hopefully you can buy it online without the beer loose all the fizz.

Pirelli

5/7/16
If you are in Berlin, get Lammsbräu!
67e45e6c56bd8140f0e8bc99011d2690.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Pirelli

5/7/16
And yes, it tastes like water. The other ones I tried are even worse. You might want to try beer made of different corn like spelt (Dinkel), which is lower in gluten.

D

d4m.test

And yes, it tastes like water. The other ones I tried are even worse. You might want to try beer made of different corn like spelt (Dinkel), which is lower in gluten.

I actually bought that one you sent a picture of in Kaufland, Berlin! :) It does sadly taste like water, but I will try and find one made of a different corn :)

go_hawks

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/1/09
Two Brothers Brewery out of Warrenville, IL makes a beer that wasn't designed to be gluten-free to begin with, so it actually tastes like good beer. It's not my favorite style of beer (I prefer double IPAs, Bourbon Barrel aged stouts, things of that nature). They make a beer called "Prairie Path" (a tribute to the "prairie path", an hike/bike route that runs through most of the western Chicagoland area). It wasn't originally created to be gluten free, but through the process they use, it removes the gluten from the beer, and if no one told you it was gluten free, you wouldn't ever guess it was. I always grab a bag of Bob's Red Mill brand gluten, and put a little in it though, just like I put extra gluten in everything I make, I think gluten is wonderful! Sometimes I'll just eat a few spoonfulls of pure gluten, just for the hell of it. I LOVE gluten, YUM!!!!

BTW it's a golden ale, 5.1abv, 25IBU's, and is pretty damn refreshing. It tastes like REAL beer, because it IS real beer, not something made to cater to people that can't handle gluten.