• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone Into spiced rum?..

king_zoop

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/9/11
Whats your fav to recommend?..

Mine is Chairmans Reserve the forgotten casks. A limited edition rum blended from casks that had been forgotten about after a fire that nearly destroyed the distillery in 2007.

REDCELL

11/6/13
Not as exclusive as that....But Ive been all over Capt. Morgan Black as of late.

king_zoop

9/9/11
Chairmans reserve aint that exclusive it will cost you £30 for a 70cl bottle. Only £10-£15 more. Try Kracken Rum, thats about the same price as Morgans, also really nice.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Moved to the RWI Bar, we have sub fora for a reason . . .

Mendota

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/08
MN
+1 on The Kracken. This and Captain Morgan's Black are very similar, but Kracken is priced cheaper. The bottle is really cool, too. They are both blackstrap rums, so they have the characteristics of the rich vanilla spice, dark color, and higher alcohol content than regular spiced rums.

Sailor Jerry's is OK for regular spiced rum, but for the same alcohol content I'd rather use a blackstrap rum to get more complex flavor.

austin1911

6/4/16
I've only had Captain Morgan. I want to try some others though so I'll be checking back soon to see what you guys like. ;)

Likewatch

13/1/21
I like also this rum "Bumbu Rum Golden" sooo sweet and delicious:drinks_cheers:
And Takamaka Spiced very nice

Last edited:

Teetertank

Known Member
4/5/22
UK
Chairmans reserve aint that exclusive it will cost you £30 for a 70cl bottle. Only £10-£15 more. Try Kracken Rum, thats about the same price as Morgans, also really nice.

For a cheaper alternative, Kracken rum has now been repped :D- try Aldi's Cassario, it's not bad compared to gen. I use it in jungle bird cocktails.