• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

High Quality Replica Pens - Interested?

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
Those Pens at AliBoomboom have lousy nibs that scratch your paper and punch holes in them. Also leak after a while. good for display, Not for writing.............Don't kid yourself !! Moh Blank is the word !!

RX7GP

🦁
Supporter
Patron
Certified
16/2/16
Those Pens at AliBoomboom have lousy nibs that scratch your paper and punch holes in them. Also leak after a while. good for display, Not for writing.............Don't kid yourself !! Moh Blank is the word !!

Valuable heads up..

Do you know where to buy fine rep pens?

SUMIKITO

Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
The true worth of a good writing fountain pen using bottled ink is in the nib. [the point]. Nothing else matters. The nib is the heart AND soul of a good pen. If it writes like you cant put it down, then you have a good one. All reputable pen makers strive for this. In any given true 'Pen Store', you may even be allowed to test some samples. And then you decide. Non of the shiny Replica pens come even close to a regular OEM pen that you can buy from Staples, Office Depot, Office Max, etc. They may for a short period be ok, after then the problems arise. Their tips are not up to it. I would simply stick to the economical OEM pens found in those office supply chains. The 'Pen Stores' are for the aficionado. Those who value really good pens. That can be passed over as heirlooms to their children. A replica pen is a sweet thing to gift someone with. Or to decorate your desk with. Or your shirt pocket. Just make sure he or she is not a 'pen guy'. ..........Sign on gents.....on the dotted line please !! Sign on !!

Ibn_Hasaf

Renowned Member
26/6/11

I actually have a rep MB that writes well. Frankly, it writes better than a Parker that cost 6x as much. Normally I use a cross that I like; however, days like today I forgot my cross at home so I am using the MB rep.

Further, the MB rep is cheap enough that I am willing to hand it to students to help them learn to write with a fountain pen.

That being said, I have some really bad Chinese pens too, I have a couple that leak.

If someone can give me a link to a dealer of some Chinese Fountain pens like the one I use, I would appreciate it. I want to order a few more.

IMG_1178.jpg
IMG_1176.jpg
IMG_1177.jpg
IMG_1173.jpg

rek0001

1/1/13
The Chinese brand Jinhao - you can get an unbranded MB LeGrand fountain pen for $8. Really nice pen for the money, writes well but very wet, a bold nib.

You can do a mod - gently pull out the nib and replace it with a #6 nib bought from a guy on the Net, Gillett pens maybe? I have to look it up.

This modded nib supposedly writes quite well. I haven't tried it yet.

Maybe you can do this mod to a rep Ali MB fountain pen. I may buy one and see if I can mod the nib to something much better.

Obviously I'm a pen guy.

rek0001

1/1/13
I looked it up - it's Goulet pens website, and he sells a replacement nib for $10.

SUMIKITO

Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
Parker 21, 51, 61 ......some Sheaffer pens, also Easterbrook , and a few early 'Pilot' pens with nice laquer finishes......... hmmmm, I still have those tucked away in a box in the garage. I wonder how they would do today after all these years of storage. I did clean them all with distilled water before being put away. .........Maybe it's time to bring them back to life.

lexia

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/8/16
heads up: where do you actually buy your MB reps (ball points, rollers)? Helen's seems down.

DeCrow

Known Member
6/9/16
The true worth of a good writing fountain pen using bottled ink is in the nib. [the point]. Nothing else matters. The nib is the heart AND soul of a good pen.

Indeed !!!

That being said, I do not understand why everyone is so very much into Mont Blanc (fountain) pens. Esthetics aside (they have some of the loveliest pens in the world), I don't feel their quality justifies their price. You get better value for money from Japanese fountain pen makers, and they also make pretty stuff.

Variatio Delectat

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/13
Planet Earth
That being said, I do not understand why everyone is so very much into Mont Blanc (fountain) pens. Esthetics aside (they have some of the loveliest pens in the world), I don't feel their quality justifies their price. You get better value for money from Japanese fountain pen makers, and they also make pretty stuff.

Same thing as with watches. Why would you pay a 5 digit price for a famous brand name watch when you can get the same (or even better) quality elsewhere?

DeCrow

Known Member
6/9/16
The true worth of a good writing fountain pen using bottled ink is in the nib. [the point]. Nothing else matters. The nib is the heart AND soul of a good pen.

Indeed !!!

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
So what is the best place to order better quality MB rep pens? I have bought some from Ali and put genuine MB refills into them, works nicely.

caratdogg

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/8/16
Anyone have any idea where to find reps of nice everyday carry pens? I like the bolt action pens but open to anything. Right now I have a few space pens

Sent from the RWI mobile app

sarlan19

19/6/14
I bought some replica MB pen a while ago. Paid 50$ for 2. Both are in the trash now. The part that screws down inside the cap is made of cheap plastic and broke. I like my pen with weight to them. If you have any options of quality "heavy" rollerball pen please let me know.

greekgod

Renowned Member
3/5/11
Thats a shame mate coz there are some real good authentic quality rep pens out there!! You just need look. Have a look at my video I have posted as a post showing the weight of the pens I recently got.