• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

High Quality Replica Pens - Interested?

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
GraceKelly2.jpg

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
Like all replicas, the "tells" are considerable mate - colour of plastic is very good but not 100% ... Rose Gold metals are wrong colour, but the Champagne Gold of the gen is tough to match but not impossible .... the makers just didn't - engravings are fairly nice but nothing like the detail of the gen. and the mother of pearl 'end' if of course, plastic and the 'stone' in the rolling ball is purple not pink though in the ballpoint it is pink (SHOOT ME!)

Overall, the right rep from the right supplier gets you a truly beautiful writing instrument that is quite clearly designed for a woman but has a strength about it that would also be suitable for a self-assured man.

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
I am off to bed but here is something I just finished ... again, not my best work but it was a bit of fun to play around with lighter shades instead of my usual dark stuff.

PrincessGrace-LR.jpg

orangdayak

Horology Curious
5/11/12
Received my pens

Hi all, bought 3 pens from the supplier seriph recommended. A Gandhi, Mark Twain and Princess Grace.

Overall I am most happy with the Princess Grace. It is exactly what Seriph has described in the previous post. Excellent pen!

As for Mark Twain, there is a noticable nick on the ivory colored emblem. Also the pattern on the barrel and the cap are quite coarse and you can feel the uneveness of the surface due to the cut patterns. But nothing I can't live without.

I am most disappointed with the Gandhi as I have all the hopes that i could get the ones that Seriph has got. To my dismay, I found multiple defects on the pen:

• Most noticable one is the cut on the cap. It is really deep and you can see it from a distance.
View attachment 10279
  • There are some paints peeled off on the cap. You can see the copper colored based under it.
View attachment 10280
  • As mentioned by some forumer before, there are also uneveness of paints on the barrel. Though not so obvious from far. But you can see it when you pick up the pen.
View attachment 10278

Trying to talk to the dealer to get some sort of win-win solution. Sending it back on my own cost is not an option as shipping cost is already half of the pen cost.

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
thanks for the review and for letting me know about the issues - that Gandhi should be replaced - those pics, attached to an email should fix it ... I hope.

You shouldn't have to return it ...

WRT the Twain, I know what you mean about the coarseness of the machining ... I have bought 4 of those and they were exactly that way - I plan on cleaning that issue up manually during the Xmas break ... I may have to sacrifice one pen to get the procedure right but I think it will be worth it as the Twain is one of my true faves.

orangdayak

Horology Curious
5/11/12
Seriph, tell me how r u gonna do it. I tried using some metal polish to scrap it off (one method to remove scratches on plastic crystal of a watch), it did smoothen the surface abit but I still can feel the coarseness.

I think a very fine sand paper or abrasion materials should do it. Anyways, keep me updated.

I have to agree with you that this pen is truely a good pen. Will order more of these.

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
I have a mag lamp so will set that up, then will likely use an actual dental pick that I use to scribe plastic when modelmaking. That will probably clean up the dags and jags, then will more than likely (yes, I know there are a lot of possibly's) use "0000" steel wool, used for furniture polishing (sorta like 1500 sandpaper) to polish any roughness out - will take all the care I can because I hate wasting things (and I am a tight ar5e)

orangdayak

Horology Curious
5/11/12
BTW, relook back this post. I received my rolling ball in pink stone instead of purple. I guess they found out that they screwed up the first time. Just my luck!

Like all replicas, the "tells" are considerable mate - colour of plastic is very good but not 100% ... Rose Gold metals are wrong colour, but the Champagne Gold of the gen is tough to match but not impossible .... the makers just didn't - engravings are fairly nice but nothing like the detail of the gen. and the mother of pearl 'end' if of course, plastic and the 'stone' in the rolling ball is purple not pink though in the ballpoint it is pink (SHOOT ME!)

Overall, the right rep from the right supplier gets you a truly beautiful writing instrument that is quite clearly designed for a woman but has a strength about it that would also be suitable for a self-assured man.

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
ORANGDAYAK - Bro, if yours is a rolling ball not ballpoint then that's a real win - if you could post a pic I'd appreciate that so I can request a replacement with a closer stone

orangdayak

Horology Curious
5/11/12
ORANGDAYAK - Bro, if yours is a rolling ball not ballpoint then that's a real win - if you could post a pic I'd appreciate that so I can request a replacement with a closer stone

Yup, it is a rolling ball. I order all three pens in rolling ball. Will upload some photos tomorrow.