• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

High Quality Replica Pens - Interested?

Druss

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/7/11
Thanks.

Most MB knockoffs come with the serial numbers - even cheapies, but it is nice to see. Reg's pens are nice and he isn't brutalising anyone on price that's for sure.

I won't recommend anyone that isn't a TD - I have dealt with most. Once I get my final orders fulfilled I'll be able to provide more info - will still be a few weeks away but in the meantime if I get time, I will review some I have here now. It is a fair challenge to photograph pens nicely

Really? I didn't know, I thought those tiny details would be hard to rep. :lolcina:
I really appreciate the effort you are putting in everything and can't wait to see your reviews! This pen has really started to get me interested in rep pens and pens as a whole!

Gr00v3

30/10/10
you mentioned that you briefly had a ghandi MB, how did it write? I currently write daily with a lamy safari with a fine point tip and wouldn't mind trying out the MB.

also, did it come with a converter or does it need specific cartridges?

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
The Gandhi was a rolling ball - I have a Fountain Pen version on its way to me ... that said, even high end nibs need to 'wear in' and a lot of people don't do that .... of the FPs I've used, I find the 'scratch' goes away after about 2 weeks of use.

All MB FPs I have are piston. There may be some cartridge models out there but I haven't seen any.

I currently write daily with a lamy safari with a fine point tip

Hi again folks - I am just wondering if people would like to also see any of the total "fantasy" pens that are available .... no one will be surprised when I say: China produces some weird and wonderful 'reps' that bear no relation to anything produced by MB - there are some nice ones around.

BTW I have NO desire to "own" this thread - it is to benefit all members so if others have pens they'd like to add to this thread please do so .... they can be a fair challenge to photograph casually, and they can be a hassle to get in just the right position, but all info is a help .... thanks

PS. Any idea how I can force a NEW reply without it automatically tagging on the end of the last one????

kause187

Looking Around
24/2/12
I'd definitely like to see the pens your talking about, whether exact or not. BTW whats the ETA on the pens you ordered

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
KAUSE187 - Hi ... I will start photographing some of them then ... there are 'better' and 'worse' ones which might be good to include - ETA on the pens is more than likely the last week of March.

In the meantime here is the newest pen from Montblanc .... it is the Princess Grace of Monaco and stunning IMO. ... and let's not be coy .... this would be PERFECT when our male members' darling partners are giving us grief for buying too many watches

:D

montblanc_princessegrace_fp.jpg

products_main4853.jpg

MB_Princesse_Grace_Writing_Instruments-Limited_Edition_29-Pz.jpg

products14230.jpg

products14227.jpg

products14225.jpg

products14228.jpg

Gr00v3

30/10/10
well i purchased a gandhi MB FP and a very wide black MB FP. I can't wait to receive them. All in all, i spent about $111 after ems shipping. Maybe if more funds open up, I'll pick up one of reg's FPs and compare and contrast the three. I'll update this thread once I receive them with my reviews.

mosh_2k7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
28/9/10
I really like the gandhi pen, but still on the fence about buying it. I'll wait until you guys get hold of it and do a on it.

One of my most favourate pens in my collection is the Visconti divine proportion limited edition blairwood effect fountain pen.

DSC01827-1.jpg

DSC01832.jpg

DSC01831.jpg

DSC01830.jpg

DSC01829.jpg

DSC01826.jpg

unixunderground

Horology Curious
24/11/10
Wow, that visconti really looks wonderful...
But I suppose it looks too god for being a rep... How much did you pay for that?

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
I love the DP pen ... it has a style all its own and from a designer's perspective, it embodies what we try to create/recreate - balance, poise and beauty .... I fail often, but at least I have a benchmark against which to measure my work.

The Fibonacci sequence, or Phi = 1.618, (also called the gold ratio, golden mean, golden number and others) is seen through nature from DNA to how a tree's branches emerge around its trunk, through the way a shell is formed and a even spiral nebula ... did Visconti achieve the "perfect ratio" in its pen? I don't know, but it did achieve a thing of real beauty.

It will be a while before I produce my own Limited Edition pens but each day the brain simmers away, cooking up ideas

:)

Thanks for showing us your stunning Visconti - they were around $1800 - $2000 for a silver trimmed fountain pen and up to around $6,000 in gold from memory. Pretty sure there was a ballpoint version as well, that didn't come with the protractor but may be wrong....

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
Groov3 - hope they are what you're hoping for .... will be keen to see them up close and personal when they arrive.

mosh_2k7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
28/9/10
Wow, that visconti really looks wonderful...
But I suppose it looks too god for being a rep... How much did you pay for that?

Thanks :) Your right! its actually a gen. I paid £750 for it, from a seller in the us. Here in the uk, it retails for £1500. only 1618 made worldwide. Its a thing of beauty. The pen has a power plunger filler. You pull it out and press it down to draw up the ink. The plunger has the fibonacci numbers etched onto it. Mine is the sterling silver version. The gold version is too expensive, around £4000.

I love the DP pen ... it has a style all its own and from a designer's perspective, it embodies what we try to create/recreate - balance, poise and beauty .... I fail often, but at least I have a benchmark against which to measure my work.

The Fibonacci sequence, or Phi = 1.618, (also called the gold ratio, golden mean, golden number and others) is seen through nature from DNA to how a tree's branches emerge around its trunk, through the way a shell is formed and a even spiral nebula ... did Visconti achieve the "perfect ratio" in its pen? I don't know, but it did achieve a thing of real beauty.

It will be a while before I produce my own Limited Edition pens but each day the brain simmers away, cooking up ideas

Thanks for showing us your stunning Visconti - they were around $1800 - $2000 for a silver trimmed fountain pen and up to around $6,000 in gold from memory. Pretty sure there was a ballpoint version as well, that didn't come with the protractor but may be wrong....

wow, you know so much about this pen :) your right about the the ballpoint pen. only 500 made wordwide. Ive got one aswell:

DSC02818.jpg

DSC02819.jpg

DSC02820.jpg

DSC02821.jpg

DSC02823.jpg

DSC02817.jpg

DSC02816.jpg

DSC01264.jpg

Here is my regular black maxi visconti divina fountain pen

DSC00059.jpg

DSC00058.jpg

DSC00055.jpg

DSC00057.jpg

DSC00053.jpg

DSC00052.jpg

DSC00054.jpg

DSC00056.jpg

investinwaffles

Renowned Member
16/6/11
Wow, thanks for posting the Gandhi MB serpih!!

My grandfather is a huge pen and watch nut and he would be ecstatic if I could get him one of these as we are Indian (and he was around during Independence and partition).
Does it come with the box-set also (or just the pen)?

Also, some noob questions:

How does one fill it? Is it ready to go out of the box other than ink?
Do you guys "mod" better fountain tips in so they write properly or are the replica tips good?

Subscribed for updates!!! Cant wait to see pics of the Gandhi MB :D

mosh_2k7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
28/9/10
yummy - how often do you use it?

:) i use them ocassionally, but not as much as my montblanc 149 fountain pen:

DSC02734.jpg

DSC02742.jpg

DSC00099.jpg

DSC00096.jpg

DSC00079.jpg

DSC00077.jpg

ive also got a starwalker fountain pen:

DSC09996.jpg

DSC09998.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

DSC00009.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

DSC00007.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

ive got 146 fountain pen aswell:

DSC01296.jpg

DSC01298.jpg

DSC01567.jpg

DSC01574.jpg

DSC01575.jpg

DSC01579.jpg

im addicted to montblanc pens :)

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
Hi Waffles - In my experience, the pens write pretty well - out of the box. That said, they do need to be worn in.

Pens from Asia sometimes come in "rep" boxes though they are not usually of much quality ... what I have done in the past is purchase actual MB boxes but these are rare and costly, so I am hunting for a supplier of a "standard" box that is nice and that can be made to suit a pen set. I say "pen set" because I aim to be able to house a full set of one style in one box.

The Gandhi came originally in Fountain Pen and Rolling Ball styles - FYI everyone: Montblanc original and "compatible" refills work in the replica pens.

The Gandhi will have the usual piston fill mechanism, so you just ink the pen and write with it.

MB produced a Saffron coloured ink specifically for this pen but at $90 per bottle it is excessive - there are many other makers of inks and I found NOODLER'S INK to be very good and a fantastic range of around 100 colours. It doesn't hurt that many inks come in nice boxes and have attractive bottles. You can just see mine in the background of the cabinet I made recently.

GentsDresser7.jpg

GentsDresser6.jpg

MOSH - hard to beat a 149 or 146 mate .... except with vintage stuff I guess - classic lines.

BTW I am always looking for pen "eye candy" and just found these - I love it even though I have never been a smoker. The maker's sense of fun is refreshing and his 'eye' is very refined. "making" is the next phase of my pen project

MartinPens-2613.jpg

MartinPens-2651.jpg

MartinPens-2-L.jpg

MartinPens-8934-XL.jpg

Gr00v3

30/10/10
here are my QC pictures.

they look great to me so far. can anyone provide insight as to what the second pen is? i purchased it due to an inexpensive price, and it appealed to me as perhaps a daily beater.

either way, i'm pleased so far

NIxeF.jpg

G4iTK.jpg

Ykif6.jpg

yaWjP.jpg

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
BTW GRoov I imagine your Boheme is a piston type FP?

The originals are cartridge and the top of the pen is hinged to enable fitment. In addition, the nib retracts into the barrel of the pen, which makes them a very funky little item - they retail for around $650 for the basic black and go up to many thousands for the diamond encrusted variants.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuM3zsXN6us"]Mont Blanc Boheme - YouTube[/ame]

..... and of course, what's the use of a great fountain pen without great penmanship

DennisPenArtJournal.jpg

mosh_2k7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
28/9/10
yeah the 149 and 146 are great pens. The 149 is the flagship pen for montblanc. The old versions were made out of celluloid. That gandhi pen looks stunning. The only thing i dont like is the nib. How hard would it be to attach a gen montblanc nib to the pen? May i ask how much the gandhi pen was?

Im going to stop buying gen montblancs from now on. Their too expensive.

ive got gen montblanc 75th anniversary le grand ballpoint pen and regular le grand ballpoint pen:

DSC02901.jpg

DSC02909.jpg

DSC02912.jpg

platinum rollerball le grand

DSC01817.jpg

DSC01818.jpg

unicef signature for good le grand ballpoint pen:

DSC00316.jpg

DSC00326.jpg

DSC00319.jpg

149 pen stand:

DSC00311.jpg

le grand montblanc pencil

DSC00162.jpg

montblanc nib selection box

DSC00129.jpg

DSC00123.jpg

montblanc led crystal inkwell

DSC00100.jpg

DSC00099-1.jpg

montblanc leonardo sketch pencil

DSC00084.jpg

DSC00089-1.jpg

DSC00087.jpg

DSC00091.jpg

DSC00092.jpg

montblanc generation ballpoint pen:

DSC00079-1.jpg

montblanc gold plated le grand rollerball pen:

DSC00078.jpg

montblanc le grand highlighter:

DSC00070.jpg

DSC00064.jpg

montblanc classique pencil

DSC00040.jpg

montblanc 100th anniversary starwalker diamond ballpoint pen:

DSC00029.jpg

DSC00035.jpg

DSC00037.jpg

montblanc crocodile print pen case

DSC00022.jpg

Gr00v3

30/10/10
seriph, thanks for the reply.

so the boheme is a smaller pen? perfect, it seems pocketable.

I assume it's a piston fp, per your previous statements. I've never had a piston fp before, is it the same as refilling a fp with a converter?