No announcement yet.

High Quality Replica Pens - Interested?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i purchased a gandhi MB FP and a very wide black MB FP. I can't wait to receive them. All in all, i spent about $111 after ems shipping. Maybe if more funds open up, I'll pick up one of reg's FPs and compare and contrast the three. I'll update this thread once I receive them with my reviews.

Comment

I really like the gandhi pen, but still on the fence about buying it. I'll wait until you guys get hold of it and do a on it.

One of my most favourate pens in my collection is the Visconti divine proportion limited edition blairwood effect fountain pen.

Comment

Wow, that visconti really looks wonderful...
        But I suppose it looks too god for being a rep... How much did you pay for that?

Comment

I love the DP pen ... it has a style all its own and from a designer's perspective, it embodies what we try to create/recreate - balance, poise and beauty .... I fail often, but at least I have a benchmark against which to measure my work.

The Fibonacci sequence, or Phi = 1.618, (also called the gold ratio, golden mean, golden number and others) is seen through nature from DNA to how a tree's branches emerge around its trunk, through the way a shell is formed and a even spiral nebula ... did Visconti achieve the "perfect ratio" in its pen? I don't know, but it did achieve a thing of real beauty.

It will be a while before I produce my own Limited Edition pens but each day the brain simmers away, cooking up ideas

Thanks for showing us your stunning Visconti - they were around $1800 - $2000 for a silver trimmed fountain pen and up to around $6,000 in gold from memory. Pretty sure there was a ballpoint version as well, that didn't come with the protractor but may be wrong....
          once, I had no idea that I had no idea .... but I really had no idea

Comment

Groov3 - hope they are what you're hoping for .... will be keen to see them up close and personal when they arrive.

Comment

Originally posted by unixunderground, post: 961408
              Wow, that visconti really looks wonderful...
              But I suppose it looks too god for being a rep... How much did you pay for that?
              Thanks Your right! its actually a gen. I paid £750 for it, from a seller in the us. Here in the uk, it retails for £1500. only 1618 made worldwide. Its a thing of beauty. The pen has a power plunger filler. You pull it out and press it down to draw up the ink. The plunger has the fibonacci numbers etched onto it. Mine is the sterling silver version. The gold version is too expensive, around £4000.

Originally posted by seriph, post: 961421
              I love the DP pen ... it has a style all its own and from a designer's perspective, it embodies what we try to create/recreate - balance, poise and beauty .... I fail often, but at least I have a benchmark against which to measure my work.

The Fibonacci sequence, or Phi = 1.618, (also called the gold ratio, golden mean, golden number and others) is seen through nature from DNA to how a tree's branches emerge around its trunk, through the way a shell is formed and a even spiral nebula ... did Visconti achieve the "perfect ratio" in its pen? I don't know, but it did achieve a thing of real beauty.

It will be a while before I produce my own Limited Edition pens but each day the brain simmers away, cooking up ideas

Thanks for showing us your stunning Visconti - they were around $1800 - $2000 for a silver trimmed fountain pen and up to around $6,000 in gold from memory. Pretty sure there was a ballpoint version as well, that didn't come with the protractor but may be wrong....
              wow, you know so much about this pen your right about the the ballpoint pen. only 500 made wordwide. Ive got one aswell:

Here is my regular black maxi visconti divina fountain pen

Comment

yummy - how often do you use it?

Comment

Wow, thanks for posting the Gandhi MB serpih!!

My grandfather is a huge pen and watch nut and he would be ecstatic if I could get him one of these as we are Indian (and he was around during Independence and partition).
                  Does it come with the box-set also (or just the pen)?

Also, some noob questions:

How does one fill it? Is it ready to go out of the box other than ink?
                  Do you guys "mod" better fountain tips in so they write properly or are the replica tips good?

Subscribed for updates!!! Cant wait to see pics of the Gandhi MB

Comment

Originally posted by seriph, post: 961703
                    yummy - how often do you use it?
                    i use them ocassionally, but not as much as my montblanc 149 fountain pen:

ive also got a starwalker fountain pen:

ive got 146 fountain pen aswell:

im addicted to montblanc pens

Comment

Hi Waffles - In my experience, the pens write pretty well - out of the box. That said, they do need to be worn in.

Pens from Asia sometimes come in "rep" boxes though they are not usually of much quality ... what I have done in the past is purchase actual MB boxes but these are rare and costly, so I am hunting for a supplier of a "standard" box that is nice and that can be made to suit a pen set. I say "pen set" because I aim to be able to house a full set of one style in one box.

The Gandhi came originally in Fountain Pen and Rolling Ball styles - FYI everyone: Montblanc original and "compatible" refills work in the replica pens.

The Gandhi will have the usual piston fill mechanism, so you just ink the pen and write with it.

MB produced a Saffron coloured ink specifically for this pen but at $90 per bottle it is excessive - there are many other makers of inks and I found NOODLER'S INK to be very good and a fantastic range of around 100 colours. It doesn't hurt that many inks come in nice boxes and have attractive bottles. You can just see mine in the background of the cabinet I made recently.

MOSH - hard to beat a 149 or 146 mate .... except with vintage stuff I guess - classic lines.

BTW I am always looking for pen "eye candy" and just found these - I love it even though I have never been a smoker. The maker's sense of fun is refreshing and his 'eye' is very refined. "making" is the next phase of my pen project

Comment

here are my QC pictures.

they look great to me so far. can anyone provide insight as to what the second pen is? i purchased it due to an inexpensive price, and it appealed to me as perhaps a daily beater.

either way, i'm pleased so far

Comment

Your second pen is a Montblanc Boheme - while not a Limited Edition, still a most practical and attractive smaller sized pen. FYI they are produced in a number of 'versions' and reproduced in even more (of course) ... I have uploaded all the images I have of the Boheme range to my photobucket page ... here:

http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/...EME/?start=all

Comment

BTW GRoov I imagine your Boheme is a piston type FP?

The originals are cartridge and the top of the pen is hinged to enable fitment. In addition, the nib retracts into the barrel of the pen, which makes them a very funky little item - they retail for around $650 for the basic black and go up to many thousands for the diamond encrusted variants.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuM3zsXN6us"]Mont Blanc Boheme - YouTube[/ame]

..... and of course, what's the use of a great fountain pen without great penmanship

Comment

yeah the 149 and 146 are great pens. The 149 is the flagship pen for montblanc. The old versions were made out of celluloid. That gandhi pen looks stunning. The only thing i dont like is the nib. How hard would it be to attach a gen montblanc nib to the pen? May i ask how much the gandhi pen was?

Im going to stop buying gen montblancs from now on. Their too expensive.

ive got gen montblanc 75th anniversary le grand ballpoint pen and regular le grand ballpoint pen:

platinum rollerball le grand

unicef signature for good le grand ballpoint pen:

149 pen stand:

le grand montblanc pencil

montblanc nib selection box

montblanc led crystal inkwell

montblanc leonardo sketch pencil

montblanc generation ballpoint pen:

montblanc gold plated le grand rollerball pen:

montblanc le grand highlighter:

montblanc classique pencil

montblanc 100th anniversary starwalker diamond ballpoint pen:

montblanc crocodile print pen case

Comment

seriph, thanks for the reply.

so the boheme is a smaller pen? perfect, it seems pocketable.

I assume it's a piston fp, per your previous statements. I've never had a piston fp before, is it the same as refilling a fp with a converter?

Comment

Working...
                                X