• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

High Quality Replica Pens - Interested?

squirrelolive

Horology Curious
29/2/12
I'd like to hear more about the Mann if you could as well. The Mann and Shaw are the two WE's I've been interested in.

And if there are credible replica POA's, that would be amazing. I'd love a Copernicus or Julius II!

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
There is a nice Mann that I have, but it is NOT finished in silver trim - it is black with the correct 'stone' but the trim ... or lining ... is gold. It is a lovely pen though

The Copernicus is available in every colour under the sun, except at this stage, the right ones ... I am quickly growing to believe that certain buyers arrange to get factories to make the 'correct' copies in small numbers then the factories make them in pink, purple and psychedelic for mass appeal and in an attempt to avoid litigation.

I am trying to locate the Copernicus in correct livery for the ultra-LE with the intention of adding the nine stones to it, which represent the planets.

Julius 2 .... best of luck ;)

The replacement GBS's will be arriving here within a few weeks I hope - the one I returned was bloody awesome except for the cracked MB logo on the cap ... the BIG issue now is that the sellers are trying to sell me a rolling ball that's one shade and a ballpoint that's another ... being a natural stone I 'get' that it can be a challenge, but jeez .... match the damn things to EACH OTHER, don't offer me what you claim is a matching set when one is light green and one dark!

Fun huh? BTW I compared the GBS with a real one at an MB AD.... it was different but not by much.

I have a nice Julius II sekeletal here and while it is nothing like the real deal due to finish quality and weight (and clip style, resin colour and it is silver not gold which is not available.......) it is a really lovely looking pen. It's just that having seen and held the real-deal clearly illustrates that replicas are NOTHING like the gens..... but still very nice.

The best (by very far) rep I have received except for the colour of the jewel in the cap, is the MB Mahatma Gandhi - while I haven't held the original, I have very high resolution photos and I couldn't fault the rep. I sent it off to get a Mandarin Garnet fitted as per original and sold it to a friend who just 'had to have it' as soon as it came back.

I have another on the way as well (a big deal to me) the fountain pen variant of the same pen ..... I have bought some MB saffron ink (produced for the MB Gandhi) just for this pen.

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
There are 'some' pens produced as fountain pens, but not many as they of course, require more effort to use.

squirrelolive

Horology Curious
29/2/12
There is a nice Mann that I have, but it is NOT finished in silver trim - it is black with the correct 'stone' but the trim ... or lining ... is gold. It is a lovely pen though

The Copernicus is available in every colour under the sun, except at this stage, the right ones ... I am quickly growing to believe that certain buyers arrange to get factories to make the 'correct' copies in small numbers then the factories make them in pink, purple and psychedelic for mass appeal and in an attempt to avoid litigation.

I am trying to locate the Copernicus in correct livery for the ultra-LE with the intention of adding the nine stones to it, which represent the planets.

Julius 2 .... best of luck ;)

The replacement GBS's will be arriving here within a few weeks I hope - the one I returned was bloody awesome except for the cracked MB logo on the cap ... the BIG issue now is that the sellers are trying to sell me a rolling ball that's one shade and a ballpoint that's another ... being a natural stone I 'get' that it can be a challenge, but jeez .... match the damn things to EACH OTHER, don't offer me what you claim is a matching set when one is light green and one dark!

Fun huh? BTW I compared the GBS with a real one at an MB AD.... it was different but not by much.

I have a nice Julius II sekeletal here and while it is nothing like the real deal due to finish quality and weight (and clip style, resin colour and it is silver not gold which is not available.......) it is a really lovely looking pen. It's just that having seen and held the real-deal clearly illustrates that replicas are NOTHING like the gens..... but still very nice.

The best (by very far) rep I have received except for the colour of the jewel in the cap, is the MB Mahatma Gandhi - while I haven't held the original, I have very high resolution photos and I couldn't fault the rep. I sent it off to get a Mandarin Garnet fitted as per original and sold it to a friend who just 'had to have it' as soon as it came back.

I have another on the way as well (a big deal to me) the fountain pen variant of the same pen ..... I have bought some MB saffron ink (produced for the MB Gandhi) just for this pen.
I think I found the Mann you were talking about. Gold trim like you mentioned and just a generic "Iridium Point Paris" nib. That's a pity because the nib detailing is often the best part of these pens. And as long as I could get some tipping to work with, I'm sure I could smooth it to my satisfaction. I certainly wouldn't mind sacrificing the piston for a c/c.

Does your source do the GBS as a fountain pen?

Also, from what I've heard, you're going to love the saffron ink. I haven't had a chance to try it, but it looks lovely.

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
No fountain pen for the GBS yet .... but there was no FP for the Gandhi until I urged them to consider it.

I am in touch with one factory that makes some nice items (and lousy ones too) but I have never yet seen an accurately reproduced nib - and of course, getting a gen nib is not a possibility.

In all seriousness if I could, I'd find a laser engraving machine and replicate my own nibs! But then, I am a bit anal .... probably unnecessary to point that out actually - there is one nib I'd tackle hand engraving and that's the Hitchcock .... very simple and stunning

:D

squirrelolive... was it you who referred to owning a 'poor relation' copy of the Mann? It was on another thread or even perhaps another forum ...

squirrelolive

Horology Curious
29/2/12
Ah no, that wasn't me.

The Hitchock nib is stunning! It would be terrific if someone could do that work. From pictures I've seen online with the 149's, I've seen some accurate detailing on the nibs with most of the issues stemming from misaligned masking. On the single-tone nibs, it should be possible.

To be honest, I'm sure I'll be getting a Mann shortly. Japanese urushi has shifted my priorities, but I think I need to have at least one WE.

P4GTR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/07
Were those additional pics of the hemmingway the rep?

I'd like to know where more of these super premium rep pens can be had.

Reg has some premium MB's recently, next time I grab something from him i'm including one of his new pens.

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
My preferences would be as follows:

1. Cervantes (possibly a decent rep available soon)
2. Twain (garbage reps only)
3. Dickens (nothing)
4. Collodi (nothing
5. Hitchcock (nothing)

And others

1. Grace Kelly (nothing yet)
2. Copernicus ( reasonable and franken-able reps)
3. any skeletal

But above all of them, by far my favourite Mb is the Charlie Chaplin Skeletal - the holy grail.

Other brands
top of the list are the Jean Pierre Lepine I pictured previously

and The Declaration of Independence, which has the entire dec. on the pen itself, done in scrimshaw - it really appeals to me.

Of course, being more than a million dollars short of being a millionaire the likelihood of any of these purchases is more remote than Pluto :)

P4GTR - nah theyre the real deal ... "usually" the real box indicates authntic pics, though we all know from watches, this may not always be the case - I have a Hemingway, in that trim, but with silver metals. It is lovely ... cost around $90 - I have the original box and papers, which I don't mind saying cost substantially more than the pen

:D

As far as I can find, they're available in correct colours with silver metals or all-black with gold metals .... Fountain, rolling ball and ballpoint are available as reps - they are also available in some odd finishes like a copper metallis finish (which I have ... it's great) and green and silver oddities.

BTW who is Reg?

The reason I ask, is because I am always looking for better quality rep pens AND because you sent a few messages to "Reg" which used to be my nickname in the air force, so wondered .....

P4GTR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/07
Reg is Narikaa, a TD here for watches, pens and accessories.

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
Ah of course! Didn't know the name - will check out the pen offering!

wiscrna

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/10
Seriph, fyi, I'm over here squirming like my 7-year old when she has to pee, waiting for the GBS (although the Copernicus is quite nice, too!).

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
wiscrna - hope it works out mate ... I have received word back that the pens are a little lighter (colour not weight) than the original but I recall the colour of the one I returned, when I secretly took it to the MB shop to check it .... it was lighter than the first original I saw but only marginally .... that was a rolling ball, then I saw a fountain pen and it was lighter than both mine and the RB. I mentioned this to the salesperson and she gave me a standard response about "when we use natural materials there is a variation ...." blah blah - all I know is that if I am paying 3 grand for pens they will match - at least they'll match each other! I told her that and she produced two sets - they matched, but again each set was matched to itself, not with the other set ..... makes sense.

The very good news (for me anyway) is that it looks as though I will be getting the MB Gandhi in both rolling ball and fountain pen, and pretty much 100% as per original, except for the stones in the cap. Not sure if I mentioned though, but once I get these I have the correct Mandarin Garnets to go into them - it is going to cost me a further $80 but these pens are for life so I reckon it's worth it - of course it would be preferable for the factory to simply make the things with yellow glass instead of clear or black, but they have said 'no'

.... just realised I am making Montblanc Pen Frankens

:)

heh

This is what I aim to end up with - the barrel casting represents the cloth Gandhi wove for his clothes. The garnet represents India .... I just love it ....

1305498701IMG_55881.jpg

1305498680IMG_55831.jpg

1305498666IMG_55801.jpg

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
you and me both brother .... will believe them when I have them in my hands

BTW I have been gathering together images and quotes by the great man and am gonna bind them into a booklet to go into a box I have here .... and my wife says I am obsessive - the woman dunn know what she is talkin' about

Bronzy

I'm Pretty Popular
4/12/09
Great stuff in here, now I need a new pen myself!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Gr00v3

30/10/10
Omg. How do i get my hands on that mahatma mob? I'm in love. Op, pm me with info please?

Sent from my GT-N7000

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
I am waiting for delivery of the pens into my hands (and eyes) so I can confirm the quality - no matter how many ppl say they will take the risk themselves etc. I don't want to be the guy who recommended a site that sent them crappy pens .... and let's face it, it can be a slight challenge dealing with certain Chinese dealers - while I believe the pens will be fine, I cannot attest to the fact until I see them and check them - a little over-the-top I am sure, but I feel it honours best any faith/trust placed in my opinion. For the record, I received items from them that were not of an acceptable standard and am working with them to correct the issues ...

... and because this is what my wife told me to do

;)

Druss

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/7/11
I am waiting for delivery of the pens into my hands (and eyes) so I can confirm the quality - no matter how many ppl say they will take the risk themselves etc. I don't want to be the guy who recommended a site that sent them crappy pens .... and let's face it, it can be a slight challenge dealing with certain Chinese dealers - while I believe the pens will be fine, I cannot attest to the fact until I see them and check them - a little over-the-top I am sure, but I feel it honours best any faith/trust placed in my opinion. For the record, I received items from them that were not of an acceptable standard and am working with them to correct the issues ...

... and because this is what my wife told me to do

;)

You are very wise in doing this, besides recommending non-trusted dealers is frowned upon by the mods of not flat out against the rules. So be careful, but we still all want to see your review and know where to get the best rep pens.

I just bought a BM Meisterstuck from Reg and it's great! Tiny laser etched serial and all!

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
Thanks.

Most MB knockoffs come with the serial numbers - even cheapies, but it is nice to see. Reg's pens are nice and he isn't brutalising anyone on price that's for sure.

I won't recommend anyone that isn't a TD - I have dealt with most. Once I get my final orders fulfilled I'll be able to provide more info - will still be a few weeks away but in the meantime if I get time, I will review some I have here now. It is a fair challenge to photograph pens nicely