No announcement yet.

High Quality Replica Pens - Interested?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Painted the box I'm making for my replica Gandhi ... not happy. Oh well. We carry on!
    once, I had no idea that I had no idea .... but I really had no idea

Comment

Originally posted by seriph, post: 3346251, member: 0
      Painted the box I'm making for my replica Gandhi ... not happy. Oh well. We carry on!
      WIP pictures would be nice

Comment

Right now it looks like an orange cube

But I'll get there

Comment

Looking for Montblanc rep fontain pen

Comment

Killed the orange. Just didn't work. Ended up with this. 'Outer' box is nearly completed. Took an ipad box (its size dictated all other dimensions) and am wrapping it in a curtain fabric that emulates the homespun Gandhi used to make. Considering the value of the genuine article, I think the original MB boxes and associated booklet are not great. I could have got a rep of the plaque done at any engraving shop for a few dollars.

ORIGINAL

Comment

I'll post pics of the outer when I'm happy with it.

Comment

Ok so there's quite some way to go but I'm getting there. I'm relatively happy with the outer case. The fabric is a stylized representation of the homespun Gandhi wove during his lifetime. I still need to address each corner to neaten them up a bit.

Comment

The actual pen box I'm very pleased with. Got really lucky with the logo. It's from a T-shirt I bought from a charity shop some years ago. It's actually a Johnny Walker shirt (odd I know) that states "keep walking" ... of course, the great Mahatma walked 239 miles to the Indian Ocean as a protest to collect salt. You see, India's colonial overlords made it illegal for Indians to gather and use the salt. They had to buy it from the British-India corporation.

This resonated with me so I used that image as the logo for my box. My local signwriter cut the image out for me and did a wonderful job. It's only around 65mm high and some lines are less that a millimeter.

Oh. And I know this sounds arrogant but I'm afraid I just didn't think much of the MB box. I can't reconcile making a $30,000 pen that has a plaque on the box that any engraving shop could bang out.

Don't get me started on the book that's included with the pen!

Comment

So tomorrow I start the interior. Hope it turns out ok

Comment

Truly amazing

Comment

Originally posted by seriph, post: 3396702, member: 39904
                        So tomorrow I start the interior. Hope it turns out ok
                        Whoah.. this is incredible, nice work

Comment

that is an amazing job

Comment

Amazing

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X