• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

High Quality Replica Pens - Interested?

biowerks

Horology Curious
30/6/13
Has anyone been able to find any skeletal reps? I PM'd narikaa because back a few pages a guy said that he got his from him but narikaa said that he doesnt have any pens anymore.

rmfbakker

Horology Curious
1/11/12
Where to shop for a replica Mont Blanc pen?

Hi,

Apart from Narikaa and Watcheden, are there any others known for selling high quality Mont Blanc pens?

I lost my gen Mont Blanc pen for the second time in a relative short period of time (my mistake obviously...), and now I would like to buy a rep Meisterstuck Classique Platinum Line Rollerball.

Your advice is appreciated!

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
There will be another supplier emerge I imagine but for now it seems watcheden is the best bet. They have lots of pens but only a handful of quality limited edition reps. They also have (had?) a good range of la boheme reps. They may have a number of good 'standard' meisterstuck reps as well but I don't know enough about them to comment. My thing is patrons, specials, limiteds and writers editions.

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09
There are quality MB rep dealers out there. I have purchased from 3 different dealers. I will hold off on naming them for now, as I want to wait for results from the 3rd dealer first before naming him. It is on the way.

orson

Renowned Member
8/12/09
Hi Guys any one got their pen? I would like to buy themhttp://

I emailed them about a month ago with a quality enquiry but their answer was just "choose from the pictures"

If you google image one of the pictures on their site you find these are just stock images used by many sites and that just leaves you with complete guesswork as to what you will receive.

On previous enquiry about other things they bump the postage to around double the weight of the order and so the prices dont look so attractive.

I would like opinion from someone who bought though.

iori_del

15/4/12
I emailed them about a month ago with a quality enquiry but their answer was just "choose from the pictures"

If you google image one of the pictures on their site you find these are just stock images used by many sites and that just leaves you with complete guesswork as to what you will receive.

On previous enquiry about other things they bump the postage to around double the weight of the order and so the prices dont look so attractive.

I would like opinion from someone who bought though.

tat totally disgusting for them to cheap on the shipping.

I ask for a pair of sneak which list 30 usd and with shipping it is 62usd and insurance. of course 6% for paypal.

I rather get from ioffer.com

brokeddog

Horology Curious
15/7/13
:r2d4:I'm trying to find my way around and having difficulty. I found an add for Jomawatches. These are real watches, no. Can someone help me as to posting etc.

Rush2112

Renowned Member
27/4/13
:r2d4:I'm trying to find my way around and having difficulty. I found an add for Jomawatches. These are real watches, no. Can someone help me as to posting etc.

This thread is about pens. What exactly are you looking to do?

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09
There are quality MB rep dealers out there. I have purchased from 3 different dealers. I will hold off on naming them for now, as I want to wait for results from the 3rd dealer first before naming him. It is on the way.
here's a couple of MB fountain pens I got. One is a Montblanc 145 Chopin, the other is a Montblanc Boheme "big size" (I have more gens than reps, but these are two reps). Both are extremely accurate.

I have two gen Montblanc 149's, a gen Montblanc 146, gen Montblanc 147, gen Montblanc 144, and a gen Montblanc 163.

DC0721

Looking Around
25/7/13
HERE IS A REVIEW OF THE MONTBLANC GEORGE BERNARD SHAW BALLPOINT PEN:

ive never seen the original in person, but this replica looks identical to the original when comparing it to the pictures found online. The pictures dont do justice to how good the pen actually looks when seen in person. This pen is extremely well built and is quite heavy. It fits perfectly into the hand and is very comfortable to use. The green marble colour looks really nice. Gen refills fit the pen :) The pen has a serial number and the fit and finish on the pen is perfect.

Here are pictures of the actual pen:

DSC03040.jpg

DSC03043.jpg

DSC03041.jpg

DSC03047.jpg

DSC03048.jpg

DSC03049.jpg

DSC03050.jpg

DSC03051.jpg

DSC03052.jpg

DSC03053.jpg

DSC03054.jpg

DSC03055.jpg

I also purchased a fantasy george bernard shaw rollerball pen aswell. The fit and finish is identical to the ballpoint reviewed above. As you can see, the colour on the rollerball doesnt match the colour on the ballpoint. The rollerball has got a slightly more lighter green marble effect. Its still a really nice looking pen.

DSC03056.jpg

DSC03057.jpg

DSC03058.jpg

DSC03059.jpg

DSC03060.jpg

DSC03062.jpg

DSC03063.jpg

DSC03064.jpg

DSC03065.jpg

DSC03066.jpg

DSC03067.jpg

DSC03068.jpg

Both pens are absolutely stunning. These pens are completely different to the usual crap replicas that you find online. I brought these from a different dealer online. I paid around $35 for each pen and $20 for shipping by ems and 4% for paypal fee. I hope this review has been useful. :)
I have an identical experience with GBS rep. BP seems to be made from different stock than that of RB and FP. Makes no sense to me unless physical location of factory is different

DC0721

Looking Around
25/7/13
I have a mag lamp so will set that up, then will likely use an actual dental pick that I use to scribe plastic when modelmaking. That will probably clean up the dags and jags, then will more than likely (yes, I know there are a lot of possibly's) use "0000" steel wool, used for furniture polishing (sorta like 1500 sandpaper) to polish any roughness out - will take all the care I can because I hate wasting things (and I am a tight ar5e)

I know this was a while ago; but starting with the 0000 Steel wool, then fine pumice followed by rottenstone I think is the way to go. I have the same pens; but unlike you no dups; just 1 FP, 1 RB and 1 BP

iori_del

15/4/12
Anyone with good supplier of pen??

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

dvw

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/3/10
I lost the cap to my gen 146. Anybody knows if the cap of the rep 146/La Grand will fit with the gen?

youone

Horology Curious
21/8/13
can someone kindly intro me some trusted websites to get MB pens? :)

ippykaye

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/7/11
These pens are all reps?! I love my FPs- I've been saving up and buying second hand gens/new gens this whole time as I always thought rep pens were awful- I admit the ones I bought were street market rubbish. For eg., to hear these rep MBs FPs come with reasonable nibs and that the RBs and BPs take gen inserts it too good to be true! lol. Those limited editions have always been out of reach for me :(

I tend to buy my gens from Pengallery.com and Melpens.com

Thanks for sharing Seriph and all those who've contributed to this thread. I've just finished reading it all 22 pages :D

Now, can someone point me to where I can pick some of these babies up? Reg doesn't seem to have any ATM.

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
DVW - if you join "fountain pen network" you should be able to track down a replacement cap

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
Here is an example of how rep makers can REALLY get it WRONG!

I was promised that a 1:1 rep of the Jonathon Swift was being produced.

Here is what I was shown:

20130609174540_838182_zpsb6f51687.jpg

20130609174540_838184_zps2a03875f.jpg

20130609174540_838180_zps746431ad.jpg

.....SIGH ....