• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Super rep pens?

Voo-doo

22/7/19
Hi guys.

Saw this section but also noticed that it isn't really a active part of the community.

I was wondering if anyone knew about super rep Penn's ?

Saw that some TDs sell pens.

https://trustytime.shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=222_223&products_id=9858

(Although TT not being a TD)

Does someone have experience with the TDs pens? And are they worth the money, or would you just recommend dhgate for a 10/20$ pen?

Cheers!

Reactions: Dsquared

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
I’ve never bought pens from my TD. All of mine are DHGate Montblancs. I buy a genuine MB refill and it does the job perfectly. I’ll try to post pics. But they’re nice quality, heavy, and feel great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Voo-doo

22/7/19
mclarendude thanks. Really curious ;) also decided to order two mb pens. A fountain and a roller. And now the waiting game begins :p

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
mclarendude thanks. Really curious ;) also decided to order two mb pens. A fountain and a roller. And now the waiting game begins :p

Nice! The DH MB fountain I got is amazing to write with. I prefer it to my gen Lamy.

Voo-doo

22/7/19
Seriously !?!?! That's sick. Really curious how they achieve such levels of quality and detail for those prices. Hope that mine will be just as good :)
I ordered the silver checkered fountain one for around 12€ and a gold boheme a guess? Full gold. Can't wait can't wait !!!!

Do you have some pictures of yours?

Voo-doo

22/7/19
Decided to throw in another MB JFK! Saw the burgundy red one in the shop, but the gold seems off on DH. So decided to go for the blue one. Hope the order went well, some failed payments, but it appears on 'awaiting shipment'. Oh jolly :D !

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
Voo-doo, I don't have pictures right now but when I go home later I'll post some.

Nice choice on the JFK's, I have all three (Ballpoint, Fountain, Rollerball). Ballpoint in blue, the others in black,

The other two are the classic Meisterstuck, one ballpoint and one mechanical pencil.

All have gen MB refills, except the fountain pen which I use the Lamy ink cartridges for better quality. I don't want to spend +$70 in a jug of MB ink. :)

Deathminder

21/11/17
Germany
Could you post pictures of your pens? It would be interesting for me to see how good the quality of one is.

Voo-doo

22/7/19
Nice choice on the JFK's, I have all three
Thanks!

I didn't knew that one, because i'm new with pens :p But the feel of the JFK blew my mind. I held a Burgundy red with gold finishing, absolutely stunning !! Unfortunately the burgundy red/golds i found on dh were off. So decided to go with a blue silver one. Hope it delivers the same feeling :p

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
c5ec0541f3fd66b8c53f217476f9efdf.jpg

Voo-doo

22/7/19
Thanks! They look REALLY stunning, now my patience is really tested :p I notive that the gens have serrated rings. I couldn't find any pens with those serrated rings, but i see that you didnt either. Probably not at that point yet. But hey :) they look quite stunning ;)

I'll probably end up ordering the fountain,rollerball and ballpoint like you did :p addiction coming up in 3...2..1...

thanks for the pics :)

Reactions: mclarendude

Voo-doo

22/7/19
mclarendude still waiting. Is the ink filling system like the Gen? So pour it into a bottle of ink and then twist the back? Or is it different? Thanks ;)

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
mclarendude still waiting. Is the ink filling system like the Gen? So pour it into a bottle of ink and then twist the back? Or is it different? Thanks ;)

Yes, somewhat. But I never tried it. I chose to use Lamy pre-filled cartridges. They work well and the ink is buttery smooth with the nib. As I said, it writes better than my gen Lamy’s.

Voo-doo

22/7/19
Yes, somewhat. But I never tried it. I chose to use Lamy pre-filled cartridges. They work well and the ink is buttery smooth with the nib. As I said, it writes better than my gen Lamy’s.

Alright thanks!

Didn't knew that it was also possible to do with This kind of system! Will be ordering some before the pen arrives :) seems a lot more straightforward compared to the messy filling system!

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
I'd recommend that, honestly. Easy to swap, no mess.