• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Do quality rep pens exist?

gurujosh

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/7/10
Guys I have been trying to source excellent quality Mont Blanc and Cartier pens now for a long time. I have tryed many differant rep watch sites, some on the trusted dealers on here, but their pens are all sub standard i.e poor materials, bad build quality, designs that dont match the gens. Nothing like the quality of their rep watches.

Is there such a thing as excellent quality rep pens to be found, like in the same way that some of the watches on here are almost exactly the same as the gen?

G.

redstars

Known Member
25/12/09
I've read a lot of rep MB reviews, and the verdict seems to be a resounding "No."

jiddy

Renowned Member
15/4/10
Agree, hard to imitate gold tips on a fountainpen with a goldpated steeltip...
Rollerball pens are even worse...
Suggest to look at the various auction/ pen sites for a good deal :)
Got myself a Parker 75 chisele (vintage 1969)full sterling silver with a custom grind solid gold tip
for 100usd and it's a deal hard to beat.
Only tip cost around 75-90usd new and the pen goes for around 260+ usd and you get
a fantastic vintage fountain pen.
If it's good enough for a president it's good enough for me ;)

Ink feed sucks pretty much on rep pens, that's my opinion and a new feed/tip WILL cost way more then the rep pen to replace.

And for your fantastic future pen I suggest Noodlers Ink, unbeatable price and performance
and at least 50+ colours and something 15 different blacks. Awesome!

Goodluck.
/Jiddy

greg_r

Departed Friend
Patron
8/7/08
Some of the MB ballpoints aren't too bad (i.e. the ones that can take original refills), but the fountain pens are universally cack IMHO.

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
Some of the MB ballpoints aren't too bad (i.e. the ones that can take original refills), but the fountain pens are universally cack IMHO.

I agree. I have seen some really outstanding MB ballpoint pens. I bought one once and I was really impressed. You have to choose with care though.

gurujosh

26/7/10
Thanks guys for the feedback on this. I guess the rep makers dont make them like some of the rep watches.

G.

jiddy

Renowned Member
15/4/10
So there ARE good RB pens out there??? Sweet :)
Gave up after 4 totally screwed up one´s.
But as stated above, stay away from rep fountain pens unless you like ink allover the place or very unreliable inkflow and don´t mind to tinker with the split tip issue that more then often are beyond fixing :)

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
I bought a few from narikaa... theyre nice pens, but they have far from the finish of the gen product. mind ya these were 15$ pens :) however the cartel has mb pens at like 70$ I always imagined them to be better...

gurujosh

26/7/10
I bought a few from narikaa... theyre nice pens, but they have far from the finish of the gen product. mind ya these were 15$ pens :) however the cartel has mb pens at like 70$ I always imagined them to be better...

Who is the cartel, do they have a website? I would like to see these out of curiosity now...

G.