Do quality rep pens exist?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do quality rep pens exist?

Guys I have been trying to source excellent quality Mont Blanc and Cartier pens now for a long time. I have tryed many differant rep watch sites, some on the trusted dealers on here, but their pens are all sub standard i.e poor materials, bad build quality, designs that dont match the gens. Nothing like the quality of their rep watches.

Is there such a thing as excellent quality rep pens to be found, like in the same way that some of the watches on here are almost exactly the same as the gen?

G.

I've read a lot of rep MB reviews, and the verdict seems to be a resounding "No."
    The Coyotes are still hungry, what now? --R2D4

Comment

Agree, hard to imitate gold tips on a fountainpen with a goldpated steeltip...
      Rollerball pens are even worse...
      Suggest to look at the various auction/ pen sites for a good deal
      Got myself a Parker 75 chisele (vintage 1969)full sterling silver with a custom grind solid gold tip
      for 100usd and it's a deal hard to beat.
      Only tip cost around 75-90usd new and the pen goes for around 260+ usd and you get
      a fantastic vintage fountain pen.
      If it's good enough for a president it's good enough for me

Ink feed sucks pretty much on rep pens, that's my opinion and a new feed/tip WILL cost way more then the rep pen to replace.

And for your fantastic future pen I suggest Noodlers Ink, unbeatable price and performance
      and at least 50+ colours and something 15 different blacks. Awesome!

Goodluck.
      /Jiddy
      If you found this post helpful, press the button.

[BLINK] [ Insert Coin ] for more reps[/BLINK]

Comment

Some of the MB ballpoints aren't too bad (i.e. the ones that can take original refills), but the fountain pens are universally cack IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by greg_r, post: 584398
          Some of the MB ballpoints aren't too bad (i.e. the ones that can take original refills), but the fountain pens are universally cack IMHO.
          I agree. I have seen some really outstanding MB ballpoint pens. I bought one once and I was really impressed. You have to choose with care though.
          ROOSTER133 :roo:

Comment

Thanks guys for the feedback on this. I guess the rep makers dont make them like some of the rep watches.

G.

Comment

So there ARE good RB pens out there??? Sweet
              Gave up after 4 totally screwed up one´s.
              But as stated above, stay away from rep fountain pens unless you like ink allover the place or very unreliable inkflow and don´t mind to tinker with the split tip issue that more then often are beyond fixing
              If you found this post helpful, press the button.

[BLINK] [ Insert Coin ] for more reps[/BLINK]

Comment

I bought a few from narikaa... theyre nice pens, but they have far from the finish of the gen product. mind ya these were 15$ pens however the cartel has mb pens at like 70$ I always imagined them to be better...
                my watches: hublot daytona, omega ploprof quartz chronograpf, frank mueller datejust chrono, invicta big bang 25mm all from swiss-AAA-replicastore.scam

actually trk looks like this -->

thanks for the gif ThinkBachs

Comment

Originally posted by trksh-bzr, post: 584534
                  I bought a few from narikaa... theyre nice pens, but they have far from the finish of the gen product. mind ya these were 15$ pens however the cartel has mb pens at like 70$ I always imagined them to be better...

Who is the cartel, do they have a website? I would like to see these out of curiosity now...

G.

Comment

Working...
                  X