• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Fake fountain pen replicas?

al_pacino

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/6/10
I don't know if my question fits this section of the forum, but I'll give it a try...
I must tell you that I'm in love with Montegrappa fountain pens. And especially with "citta' d'arte venezia" limited edition model... Do you have any idea where can I find this model or other Montegrappa replicas? I mean...a trustfull dealer...? Any feedback is welcome.

deloreandmc

I'm Pretty Popular
23/10/09
I dont think so, the only replica pens I have seen are mont-blanc or something like that, sorry

acharria

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/10/09
Hello Al
Ask the dealers, some have pens in their sections or web sites.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
I'll move this to the pen section.

Col.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Fountain pen reps are bound to have crappy mechs and last rate nibs. I wouldn't bother if you want to actually use them. Buy a nice Sawdust & Ink original instead.

OiRogers

Renowned Member
24/8/06
Check the "fountain pen network"... buy Gen and buy used. I have never seen a Rep fountain pen worth writing with.

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
Hi - there are no Montegrappa reps as far as I can find. They certainly do have some lovely models, but then so do so many makers!

Cara D'ache, Jean Pierre Lepine to name a couple

... and FWIW just because someone makes a pen with a certain brand name on it, has no bearing on it being a replica of anything.