• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Replica starwalker rollerballs from aliexpress - recent purchases

nurg12

Known Member
3/5/15
This sub is basically dead so I thought I might add something. I recently bought 2 cheap starwalkers on aliexpress at different prices from different stores.

One was $4 and the other was about $12. The cheaper one is noticeably terrible and some outside parts that are supposed to be made of metal are actually plastic covered in shitty silver paint. Even the star logo looks retarded. Both write reasonably well and have decent ink. The more expensive one has a serial number but no Germany or Pix anywhere. The cap screws securely onto the end and also feels nice when recapping unlike the $4 one.

If you're thinking of getting one of these cheap ones, go for the slightly higher quality one from MB pen store for a few extra bucks. PM me if you want a link.

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
I bought one of the more expensive ones ($23) and it's definitely VERY nice. I also got the JFK models and the magnetic cap too. Very nice pens overall.

Nocto

Horology Curious
25/8/16
I own several gen MB pens and decided to buy these from aliexpress too, just out of curiousity. Visually, the pens look and feel nice but the ink refill in the pen failed after a day. The mechanism for the rep MB mechanical pencil I bought failed shortly after too.

McEwan

Horology Curious
18/11/16
Hi Nocto, nurg12,

Could you please PM me a link of a trusted dealer. There are some many and I don't know how to pick one.

Thx!!!