• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Montblanc Pens - First Purchase

freeboy

Renowned Member
10/2/15
Looked over 1000 listing and still no discount on that nice green and silver .. AE sale on now FYI 11 11 15 sale

freeboy

Renowned Member
10/2/15
Yep, exactly. I got these 4, an additional JV, and 2 Meisterstruck Chopin (FP & RB) all for £60 shipped, and delivered to UK in 6 Days.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/140119

boxes where garbage, but pens where A+

I spent two hours during sale and could not find the green and silver except at a very high pp( price point, not power play for all you hockey fans)
Now, in a short five minutes super inexpensive and all mine!!!
buy at ae is funny!
So now with a great deal I eagerly await my nice pens... included the nice Ball point MB with a green and silver designer look.. how much fun!
now where is that check book?
lol

ESP62

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/7/15
Had to take the plunge and order a couple from AE. First try with rep pens. My thinking is do similar to rep watches, start with entry level then move to 1:1 or higher end when you figure out what you really want in one. Thanks for another way to blow money lol!!

ESP62

19/7/15
My ae MB reps arrived, a pair of star walkers. Overall I'm very happy and impressed. Not perfect reps but pretty impressive quality for $10 USD pens !

bobj

Looking Around
27/4/16
Does anybody know if I can get Montblanc Skeleton fountain pen replica anywhere? I seem to like a lot but original pricing on Monblanc is ridiculously high!!!

Glyderau17

27/10/15
I bought a Meisterstruck fountain for 7 quid on Ae last month. The nib has shown signs of corrosion. At this price point for fountain pens, I'd stick to the Parker Vectors. At least they will last. I'd say rollerballs are different story though. I use gen refills on my reps and they fit well. The rep refill is just sh*t

nurg12

Known Member
3/5/15
Just bought a cheap starwalker (<$10) on aliexpress. What kind of quality should I expect?

Marelli

3/3/16
Germany
As you wrote -cheap- so you should expect poor quality. If the original refill fits spend money and buy it so you least get good writng results.

nurg12

Known Member
3/5/15
As you wrote -cheap- so you should expect poor quality. If the original refill fits spend money and buy it so you least get good writng results.

Do these cheap ones usually take gen refills? Thinking of ordering some now so I'll have them when the pen comes in

lexia

14/8/16
Most well done Ball point MB can take gen refills.

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
Does anybody know if I can get Montblanc Skeleton fountain pen replica anywhere? I seem to like a lot but original pricing on Monblanc is ridiculously high!!!

There are a number of mb skeletals.

Some are available but not awesome quality. That said, I like them :)

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
This is my daily writer

It has served me well for four years. Feels heavy in the hand.

f56658ca3f30983a64cb067b8be1380e.jpg

purpletang

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
18/10/16
nice pens
im looking to get into this as my friends always bragging about his pens

zethunder

I'm Pretty Popular
9/8/16
Indeed, AliExpress is the perfect site for Belts, Wallets, Pens even sunglasses. I just got a genuine leather Hugo Boss wallet for $10

LOL, not sure if you were being sarcastic or not but I can assure you that your $10 AliExpress Hugo Boss wallet is NOT genuine leather.

Regardless, if you have a good contact on Ali, it is great place for stuff like this

Sent from the RWI mobile app

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
Of course he was being serious. I've bought genuine items through them myself

Now THAT's sarcasm :D

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
Though they're no longer sold, I did get these through Ali ... quality is acceptable - don't bother asking me who the seller is etc. long gone.

f5c10b59d09e14fd1eda2a9fe4af9ba8.jpg

Mean Mr. Mustard

Known Member
2/1/17
USA
I'm trying to look on DH gate for a rep but there are so many options it's overwhelming. I'll just have to pull the trigger on some cheapies and see what I get.

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
It might be better to research which MB pens you like most, then search for that model pen. For example: Garbo pen, Grace pen, Twain pen etc.

Then, if you want to get one of the correct colour, make sure to select that as the Chinese produce them in all kinds of inaccurate colours.

Hope this helps.