• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Montblanc Pens - First Purchase

Graman

27/8/06
Mind you, I also think MB are a bit overrated....many pens are.

I just stick to my own, and take interest in others when I see them.
I have a few gens, and vintage pens, but I much prefer playing with making my own.

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09
Agreed MB's are overrated but the secondary market is very much affordable. I would not buy new myself.

johnmactavish

Known Member
9/5/14
Anyone know if a genuine MB rollerball or ballpoint refills fit these on the site listed above?

all of the pens I've got in the past were poor quality with a replica refill that was no good and couldn't be replaced

just got my MB starwalker this week. ordered the mystery black MB broad refill...they screw in perfectly. you can order them on amazon $15 for 2 refills. heres a link --> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007Q05RN2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

love the pens. good weight

Here is a starwalker

This one comes with a case, pretty good fo $10

Stealthy

MULTI ACCOUNT
9/4/13
So where can we find a better quality MB pens rep? The creme de la creme. And how much will it cost?

plankton

Renowned Member
18/4/14
Interesting...quite cheap for what they are, but how do they feel in the hand?
I must admit, I prefer something substantial, rather than a lightweight rep.

I started making my own, and now find it really hard to use anything else.

Examples..

Interested in the reviews for the next arrivals...

I have to admit there is nothing like a Graham Pen.

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
I gave up on Montblanc rep pens, specially the fountain pens where the nibs are terrible, the other rep roller balls started chipping, and these where the $40 reps some dealers were offering at the time.

I went with a Cross Century II fountain pen instead for $90 and couldn't be happier.

johnmactavish

Known Member
9/5/14
for $10, great gifts for coworkers. also i ordered gen mb refills....love writing with them. rep pens are still looking great. i found a grace monaco pen, white with pink gem...looks close to gen...also ordered a blue jules verne and a copernicus fountain...ill post when they arrove...takes 2-3 weeks.

love the broad mystery black refills...only $9 a refill on ebay or amazon

spensertracy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/2/15
That's a Chinese website like ebay I think. The quality is always my concern when purchasing from that site.

Nraphael

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/2/15
Had a quick look on that site. Very interested in trying a cheap pen but they don't take PayPal. Bit worried about giving them my cc details. Anyone else feel that way?

ElVino

Renowned Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
1/7/11
Had a quick look on that site. Very interested in trying a cheap pen but they don't take PayPal. Bit worried about giving them my cc details. Anyone else feel that way?

Don't worry about it a ton of people on here order all sorts of random shit from them including my self without problems. I just try to trust the sellers who have the most orders on the item in looking for.

freeboy

Renowned Member
10/2/15
the aliexpress pens I believe are the cheap end versions of the reps. they are poorly made and will fall apart or chip in a matter of a few weeks. The pics they show are the genuine images, but the pen you get I believe would be a cheap piece of shit. I haven't purchased from them but for a $15 pen, you'd expect about $15 worth of shit.

In any event, the gen and rep refills are interchangeable fwiw.

ok, you have not ordered from them...
perhaps you should ask for those of us who have ?

freeboy

Renowned Member
10/2/15
I have 3 gen Montblanc pens. I love them but wholly crap the ink does not last.

I like uni ball refills, they sell yo a low ink pen, like a low ink printer cheap at WM... trying for hte refill money or whatever but yes, low ink and or poor refill but nice shells, and easy to get a refill in your fav color etc

freeboy

Renowned Member
10/2/15
Well, thanks to this thread, I am now awaiting some intreging rep in the pens... very very nice looking pens at a bargain.... Im not too sure on the gens of these specific ones but, ease of use and heft are right up on my scale, along with an ambiance or flavor of class without pretension...
I have has some very nice Chinese branded pens, but as abouve not great rollers and my one fountain looks great but too much work 4 me! lol

again thanks to all who contribute, pix after the show up of my collection of gens and reps and assorted fun toys...

freeboy

Renowned Member
10/2/15
from the op this green pen I saw at said site is now nearly 30.00 but still a nice find...