Montblanc Pens - First Purchase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Montblanc Pens - First Purchase

Wasn't sure what to expect, but have to say. Really impressed with the quality and performance of all of them.

Where from???

Comment

Originally posted by electric, post: 1921394
      Where from???
      I get my pens from a website called AlliExpress. Most of these dealers are charging upwards of $50 when I got mine for $10 shipped.

Comment

Originally posted by dillonsmithusacom, post: 1921395
        I get my pens from a website called AlliExpress. Most of these dealers are charging upwards of $50 when I got mine for $10 shipped.
        Yep, exactly. I got these 4, an additional JV, and 2 Meisterstruck Chopin (FP & RB) all for £60 shipped, and delivered to UK in 6 Days.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/140119

boxes where garbage, but pens where A+

Comment

Originally posted by Nivenj, post: 1921571
          Yep, exactly. I got these 4, an additional JV, and 2 Meisterstruck Chopin (FP & RB) all for £60 shipped, and delivered to UK in 6 Days.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/140119

boxes where garbage, but pens where A+
          Indeed, AliExpress is the perfect site for Belts, Wallets, Pens even sunglasses. I just got a genuine leather Hugo Boss wallet for $10

Comment

I'd try the pens (ball point) for kicks, but do they sell rep refills or do you have to buy gen refills?
            "First you have to think what this hobby means to you. Is it all about deceiving people, being anal about small details... or is it just general "watch love"? I can honestly pick up the latter. Nobody has ever asked if my watches are genuine or not... even Rolexes." By-Tor

"I was going to say that the balls BB posted looked very smooth and shiny, but you've ruined my mood." frigpig

"I know. I'm sorry s e a d going to pay closer aggression to what I'm typing from now on." egroegart

Questions about RWI and its relationship with the cartel? Read this.

Comment

You don't need rep refills. refills by genuine pen companies (other than MB) will fit MB pens. I use a Monteverde rollerball refill that fits in my genuine MB 163 Rollerball. It lasts much longer than the 6 pages or so with the gen refill. That's about a dollar page.

By the way, those rep MB pens are nice, so are the rep MB fountain pens, but you are looking a pics off a genuine. I have about 10 genuine MB pens and only 2 or 3 rep MB's. To me, MB's are cheap enough on the secondary market to get gen. Most can be had for the price of a good rep watch.

If you are testing out the waters if fountain pens are for you, sure try out a rep MB. But there are as many fountain pen makers out there as there are watch makers. Lots of genuine fountain pens can be had for as little as $10. Some write extremely well. If I told you it was from a $10 pen you probably wouldn't believe me.

I just wouldn't go out making a collection of rep fountain pens though. Rep watches. . . different story.

Comment

Apart from the starwalker (FP), the other 3 are all limited edition, where the gen's second hand are still upwards of $1000 each. Still not cheap enough for me. They are great pens in their own right (replica status aside) and am amazed at how well they write considering the most expensive was lie $12 shipped. I might treat myself to a gen 146 or 149, but to be honest, with replicas this good, not sure I would ever know if i was buying a Gen or not :-S

Comment

There are no rep 146 and 149's.

Between the two of those, I have six. You can pick up a 149 on the secondary market for around $400 and a 146 on the secondary market for $300. I just bought a near new, still wrapped in the MB wrapping paper 146 for $375. That edition 146, if purchased from the AD would be over $800, maybe close to $900

Comment

Great Moh Blah pens for not many bucks ! Geez, if I could quit smoking, I could have one everyday ! Enjoy !!
                    'My reps all take a lickin' but keep on ticking!' Bravo! A Rolex owner is never late. Even if he is late, he is still not late. RWI . Such a lovely place....... This could be Heaven or this could be Hell. We are all just prisoners here, of our own device. Relax, we are programmed to receive. You can check-out any time you like. But you can never leave.... Paperless Billing : "Sign up to get your bill online and save a tree"..... well my answer to that is : "Stop using toilet paper now and save thousands of trees Bozo ! "

Comment

Still nobody has come up with a decent John Lennon MB rep :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Nivenj, post: 1921328
                        Wasn't sure what to expect, but have to say. Really impressed with the quality and performance of all of them.
                        Are these pens all screw capped? If so, about how many turns to unscrew the cap? I'm looking for a nice office pen and would like to be able to deploy it with as little fiddling as possible.

Comment

Thanks for the information. I may just give it a try.
                          GENS: Rolex GMTII/Explorer II; Rolex DJ; Hublot Super B; Breitling SA/Hercules, Oris TT1 Chrono

REPS: Rolex DJII, Yachtmaster, SubMnr; Mont Blanc Timewalker, Breitling SA, PAM111

Comment

Anyone know if a genuine MB rollerball or ballpoint refills fit these on the site listed above?

all of the pens I've got in the past were poor quality with a replica refill that was no good and couldn't be replaced

Comment

the aliexpress pens I believe are the cheap end versions of the reps. they are poorly made and will fall apart or chip in a matter of a few weeks. The pics they show are the genuine images, but the pen you get I believe would be a cheap piece of shit. I haven't purchased from them but for a $15 pen, you'd expect about $15 worth of shit.

In any event, the gen and rep refills are interchangeable fwiw.

Comment

Working...
                              X