Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordered a jinhao pen on the bay - will see, was a cheapie

Comment

I have a few Jinhao and Baoer also. They are both from eBay and are pretty good. I'm satisfied.
      GENS: Rolex GMTII/Explorer II; Rolex DJ; Hublot Super B; Breitling SA/Hercules, Oris TT1 Chrono

REPS: Rolex DJII, Yachtmaster, SubMnr; Mont Blanc Timewalker, Breitling SA, PAM111

Comment

Jinhao and other cheap chinese brands are a good way to get your feet wet in the world of fountain pens. Most write extremely well right out of the box. Some dealers offer different nib sizes, such as fine, medium and broad, but they are all the same, which is a medium.

There are ways of "modding" them as well. There is a whole level to this hobby just like watches.

These need ink as they will not write without them, unlike a ballpoint or a rollerball or a felt tip pen. You will need to get ink. Ink cartridges are the cheapest way to go about the hobby from a purely beginner point of view.

Comment

Ordered a rep MB Mark Twain from a recommended contact.
          When it arrives, if it is good quality, i will ask if it is ok to recommend to others. Fella seems genuine enough, i wanted to order the John Lennon and he was good enough to tell me it was a poor copy rather than just taking the money

Comment

Just got the Jinhao 159 set of rollerball and fountain. For $20 it looks and feels quite nice. A bit thicker than i've expected but it's ok.
            Check out my section for premium quality AP,Rolex, LW, Pam and other straps

My Instagram - for more daily updates and sneak peeks

Comment

Two places, Graman next door at RWG (Sawdust and Ink: http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showforum=168 ) And this lass: http://www.engeika.com/ She also has some lovely inks including iro shizuku which are as good as it gets IMO.

People always forget, the correct sequence is rape, pillage THEN burn. sfa437
              hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
              When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens

Comment

Originally posted by SMP_lover, post: 1785167
                Just got the Jinhao 159 set of rollerball and fountain. For $20 it looks and feels quite nice. A bit thicker than i've expected but it's ok.
                I have the rollerball model. It "is" quite thick, but very nice. I snagged it off eBay. It was like $8. What a bargin.
                GENS: Rolex GMTII/Explorer II; Rolex DJ; Hublot Super B; Breitling SA/Hercules, Oris TT1 Chrono

REPS: Rolex DJII, Yachtmaster, SubMnr; Mont Blanc Timewalker, Breitling SA, PAM111

Comment

www.bic.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you for sharing the link to Engeika. Some lovely high quality pens at fantastic prices. The sailor pens are a good alternative to Montblanc. Will be ordering some shortly once I can narrow down the shopping cart

Originally posted by trailboss99, post: 1785178
                    Two places, Graman next door at RWG (Sawdust and Ink: http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showforum=168 ) And this lass: http://www.engeika.com/ She also has some lovely inks including iro shizuku which are as good as it gets IMO.
                    "Hitler's NOOB CrPO"
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8HRDsWlZSc

Comment

Jinhao Pens. Rolex pen.

Originally posted by maxkam, post: 1991461
                      Thank you for sharing the link to Engeika. Some lovely high quality pens at fantastic prices. The sailor pens are a good alternative to Montblanc. Will be ordering some shortly once I can narrow down the shopping cart
                      I am also interested in finding a good Rep pen dealer.

I got the pen bug recently. I applied for a job and forgot my pen---I was very embarrassed! So I resolved to get a nice pen.

I bought a Rolex pen for $40 on the bay. I guess it must be a Rep. It looks great, but it is too heavy so I only use it at home. Chrome with Gold trim. It makes my shirt pocket sag and feels like a gun in my coat pocket. Quality is fine, it hasn't fallen apart and I don't think that it ever will.

I bought a pair of attractive no-name commemorative wood pens at a low price. I use them at work because they are light and the feel of the wood is comfortable in my hand.

I bought two sets of Jinhao cheapies. They look good and I like them, but the blue ballpoints fall apart constantly. The red rollerballs are holding up fine. The blue ball points are a little too sharp and scratchy.

I remember 25 years ago Mont Blanc overproduced and flooded the market. You could pick them up everywhere for a song.

I see a lot of Rep pen dealers on the internet, but I have no idea which dealers are good or what pens to buy.

Yesterday I was at the watch repair shop and the shop next door had the must lux used pens I have ever seen! Dang! They were so pretty, it really brought out the lust and envy in my heart. I can just imagine pulling one of those pens out on a date at a restaurant to pay my bill.

Update: I just checked out some of the recommended dealers stated above, like Hont. Thanx. This forum is great. However, I am still lusting for the pens I saw in the consignment shop yesterday. One problem with Reps of all kinds is that it is difficult to find a vintage look.

Comment

you can find some decent ones in the aliexpress thread...

Comment

Hont always has some pens on his website... and he's one of our oldest TD's here

Comment

www.gouletpens.com if you want some nice fountain pens

Comment

Not many of the TDs carry rep pens which is a pity. It would've been great if some of them do carry some pens, or at least the "popular" ones.

Having said that, currently I'm taking a risk on gavelock.co that seems fairly legit despite having no testimonial from anyone whatsoever. (I think I'm blinded by the cheap prices compared to other rep pens sale providers)

We will see if the usd29 meisterstuck 164 rollerball actually arrives. Will update in a month!

Edit: added website of non-trusted dealer, gavelock

Comment

Originally posted by The Tourist, post: 3330444, member: 81371
                                Hont always has some pens on his website... and he's one of our oldest TD's here
                                Edit: http://www.hontwatch.ru

Sent from the RWI App

Comment

Working...
                                X